Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 15, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #9,271 of 42,765
i am looking for high end quality cables that are best quality

1- 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable short angled cable ( 10 cm in total length including the connectors )
2- micro usb to micro usb otg braided 10 cm including angeled connectors

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #9,272 of 42,765
i know my setup to some might not be ideal

but its an amazing sound i am hearing

note 3 ---- mojo---- alo mk3 B--- oppo pm1 

i am in  sound nirvana now that i never ever experienced before

and to anyone that might have read my complains about the lcd2 and bass and musicality, got solved with the oppo pm1 which is one of the best heapdhones i ever heard.

i auditioned the following

hifiman he1000
lcd3
lcd4
nighthawk
hifiman 560
oppo pm2
oppo pm3

and oppo pm1 won by miles in regards to the amazing sound signature i am getting that is exactly the sound sig in a headphone i was after, it really makes me speechless what i hear

this oppo pm1 is so so so so so dam great, it was an instant decision after all the others mentioned above

what oppo pm1 achieved is beyond my description in means of a package sound signature that is musical and enjoyable and amazing

and for anyone who might ask why not pm2 well it distorted easily when i go crazy with bass boosting while pm1 handles eq so dam well with no distortions or rattling

finally i sold my lcd2, ifi micro dsd and ak100ii

so now i am left with ak380 and amp for iems and the above setup for my oppo pm1

i really wish many can audition the oppo pm1 it is so dam good 

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #9,273 of 42,765
Can you use this as just a DAC if you do the press both volume buttons to set it to line level? the two 3.5mm's will both act as line out?

is it clear when it's set to line level so i don't blow up my IEMs and ears if I forget?

i want to use this both as a portable amp and my new home DAC i think. I love my current DAC but it was not terribly expensive when it came out, it is equivalent to a Schiit Modi 2 as they use the same DAC chip, but I have been looking to upgrade, and if the DAC on this sounds as nice as people say it does i would like to use it in my home stereo.

Yes, yes, yes. The line out is not remembers, but before I plug in iems I make it s practice to turn the volume way down. This is obvious after a little bit of use. If you do make a mistake, you will only do it once!

Sounds fantastic as a home dac also, IMO. Enjoy!

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #9,275 of 42,765
  Can you use this as just a DAC if you do the press both volume buttons to set it to line level? the two 3.5mm's will both act as line out?

is it clear when it's set to line level so i don't blow up my IEMs and ears if I forget?

i want to use this both as a portable amp and my new home DAC i think. I love my current DAC but it was not terribly expensive when it came out, it is equivalent to a Schiit Modi 2 as they use the same DAC chip, but I have been looking to upgrade, and if the DAC on this sounds as nice as people say it does i would like to use it in my home stereo.

Yeah I was asking about the voltage of line-level of this, ages ago. When you use line-out mode it sets to 3Vrms. My active speakers have a 2Vrms input so the Mojo needs to be turned down a few notches. It was suggested about four clicks on the lower volume button. I think all the Chord engineers kindly replied to my question on that.

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #9,276 of 42,765
How many hours for breakin would you say for the Mojo? Is it definitely safe to play this while it be plugged into a power source?

Its safe to use when plugged-in yes and the battery is a high temperature one. But I don't like my electronics running too hot regularly it will shorten its life, by how much its difficult to say I just want my MoJo to last forever. :)

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #9,277 of 42,765
Its safe to use when plugged-in yes and the battery is a high temperature one. But I don't like my electronics running too hot regularly it will shorten its life, by how much its difficult to say I just want my MoJo to last forever. :)

Not trying to be confrontational, but is this true? I've never heard this. Sometimes my laptop gets too hot on my lap and I turn it off to avoid a sweaty, uncomfortable scene.

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #9,278 of 42,765
I'd be a little worried about how regular use as a desktop dac would affect the battery life. I would not want to keep topping it off but that might be unavoidable with desktop use.

Heat only is a problem when there is inadequate ventilation resulting in above intended operating temp ranges. Electronics getting warm does not always mean something bad is going on...

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #9,280 of 42,765
Not trying to be confrontational, but is this true? I've never heard this. Sometimes my laptop gets too hot on my lap and I turn it off to avoid a sweaty, uncomfortable scene.

Its probably just me being over cautious, I'm sure the thermal cutout in the Mojo has been designed to switch off before any harm is done to the battery.

My other hobby is flying radio controlled helicopters, the bigger ones, I know that if I get those LiPo batteries hot its basically a guaranteed way of shortening their lives down to a few flights before they get puffy and fail.

The other electronics will be OK up to 60+ degrees I would imagine, which would be too hot to hold for longer than a few seconds.

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #9,281 of 42,765
I'd be a little worried about how regular use as a desktop dac would affect the battery life. I would not want to keep topping it off but that might be unavoidable with desktop use.

Heat only is a problem when there is inadequate ventilation resulting in above intended operating temp ranges. Electronics getting warm does not always mean something bad is going on...

it's a downside of the mojo, it's best to stick with a desktop dac/amp

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #9,282 of 42,765
Its probably just me being over cautious, I'm sure the thermal cutout in the Mojo has been designed to switch off before any harm is done to the battery.

My other hobby is flying radio controlled helicopters, the bigger ones, I know that if I get those LiPo batteries hot its basically a guaranteed way of shortening their lives down to a few flights before they get puffy and fail.

The other electronics will be OK up to 60+ degrees I would imagine, which would be too hot to hold for longer than a few seconds.

Hehe, I know that overcautious feeling well. In any case, for Mojo and me, it's til death do us part. By that point, there will probably be something better, faster, stronger.

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #9,284 of 42,765

Nice case,
One question does the 3M leave any residue, my only concern and reluctance so far to use on my AK100 Mojo combo.

EDIT: just seen @Mimouille
 reply above (unless there are any other ideas) 

On other stacks I've used, wd40 cleans any residue right off. I haven't taken this one apart and don't plan too.

'White spirit' is also generally very effective against glue residues (methylated spirit will sometimes work, but nowhere near as effectively as white spirit)

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #9,285 of 42,765

blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back