1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618
620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629
Next

Last
  1. Sound Eq
    i am looking for high end quality cables that are best quality

1- 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable short angled cable ( 10 cm in total length including the connectors )
    2- micro usb to micro usb otg braided 10 cm including angeled connectors

2. Sound Eq
    i know my setup to some might not be ideal

but its an amazing sound i am hearing

note 3 ---- mojo---- alo mk3 B--- oppo pm1 

i am in  sound nirvana now that i never ever experienced before

and to anyone that might have read my complains about the lcd2 and bass and musicality, got solved with the oppo pm1 which is one of the best heapdhones i ever heard.

i auditioned the following

hifiman he1000
    lcd3
    lcd4
    nighthawk
    hifiman 560
    oppo pm2
    oppo pm3

and oppo pm1 won by miles in regards to the amazing sound signature i am getting that is exactly the sound sig in a headphone i was after, it really makes me speechless what i hear

this oppo pm1 is so so so so so dam great, it was an instant decision after all the others mentioned above

what oppo pm1 achieved is beyond my description in means of a package sound signature that is musical and enjoyable and amazing

and for anyone who might ask why not pm2 well it distorted easily when i go crazy with bass boosting while pm1 handles eq so dam well with no distortions or rattling

finally i sold my lcd2, ifi micro dsd and ak100ii

so now i am left with ak380 and amp for iems and the above setup for my oppo pm1

i really wish many can audition the oppo pm1 it is so dam good 

3. jarnopp

Yes, yes, yes. The line out is not remembers, but before I plug in iems I make it s practice to turn the volume way down. This is obvious after a little bit of use. If you do make a mistake, you will only do it once!

Sounds fantastic as a home dac also, IMO. Enjoy!

4. ken6217
    How many hours for breakin would you say for the Mojo? Is it definitely safe to play this while it be plugged into a power source?

5. GreenBow

Yeah I was asking about the voltage of line-level of this, ages ago. When you use line-out mode it sets to 3Vrms. My active speakers have a 2Vrms input so the Mojo needs to be turned down a few notches. It was suggested about four clicks on the lower volume button. I think all the Chord engineers kindly replied to my question on that.

6. SteveOliver

Its safe to use when plugged-in yes and the battery is a high temperature one. But I don't like my electronics running too hot regularly it will shorten its life, by how much its difficult to say I just want my MoJo to last forever. :)

7. Starcruncher

Not trying to be confrontational, but is this true? I've never heard this. Sometimes my laptop gets too hot on my lap and I turn it off to avoid a sweaty, uncomfortable scene.

8. vapman
    I'd be a little worried about how regular use as a desktop dac would affect the battery life. I would not want to keep topping it off but that might be unavoidable with desktop use.

Heat only is a problem when there is inadequate ventilation resulting in above intended operating temp ranges. Electronics getting warm does not always mean something bad is going on...

9. warrior1975
    Chord says it's perfectly safe to use it like that, I wouldn't worry. Just enjoy your MOJO.

10. SteveOliver

Its probably just me being over cautious, I'm sure the thermal cutout in the Mojo has been designed to switch off before any harm is done to the battery.

My other hobby is flying radio controlled helicopters, the bigger ones, I know that if I get those LiPo batteries hot its basically a guaranteed way of shortening their lives down to a few flights before they get puffy and fail.

The other electronics will be OK up to 60+ degrees I would imagine, which would be too hot to hold for longer than a few seconds.

11. yoyorast10

it's a downside of the mojo, it's best to stick with a desktop dac/amp

12. Starcruncher

Hehe, I know that overcautious feeling well. In any case, for Mojo and me, it's til death do us part. By that point, there will probably be something better, faster, stronger.

13. shotgunshane Contributor

On other stacks I've used, wd40 cleans any residue right off. I haven't taken this one apart and don't plan too.

14. Mython Contributor

'White spirit' is also generally very effective against glue residues (methylated spirit will sometimes work, but nowhere near as effectively as white spirit)

15. Light - Man
    200.gif [​IMG]

SteveOliver likes this.
First

Back
609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618
620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629
Next

Last