Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 5, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #8,536 of 42,765
Just wait until Rob's work with his high-end 'DAVE' DAC gets translated into ADC form, and studios start recording and mastering acoustic performances using that ADC technology. The accuracy of recorded spatial and timing cues should take a huge leap forwards, and that should equate to significant improvement in perceived realism of playback.

So it is Rob vs Bob... Any new hints on a MQA start at Tidal?

Also feel the need to post the Original of Satisfaction by Mr. Otis Redding :)
...BUT MY PHONE SUCKS... Somebody do it for me please...

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #8,537 of 42,765
I just received the Lavricable (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Lightning-to-Chord-Hugo-Mojo-interconnect-cable-Iphone-4-5-6-/172046678763?hash=item280ec7faeb). My plan it to try it because i have experienced the same sensitivity to movements.  I have another kind on order from China.  If neither works to stop the interruptions on movement I am going to try velcro and I am also going to try a USB cable extender so I can put mojo in one pocket and the iPhone in another (or something like that).  I'll post what i discover.  BTW, I am about to post a highest rating for Lavricable.  They mailed my order the same day DEC 20, and it got here by standard mail (about $5) today (JAN 4).  Amazing.  The cable is very neatly built.

Are you sure that the cable is the reason?
I experienced movement issues... And it turned out to be a software issue, (I use android) so make sure you're tackling the problem at the right angle, I bought two extra OTG with no reason.

BTW what's good about the process time of you're order? The German online shop I ordered mojo at, took about the same time to fulfill my order... And I freaked out so much, that they threw in 2 SACDs :D

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #8,538 of 42,765
I read all your comments.
Regarding you problem I have a few explains:
I'm currently running Mojo to K10. I could say that with well-mastered records, the sound is so real, I can close my eyes and feel like I'm in a small room with them there, I've never achieved anything like that before (My previous gears was Arrow4, stepdance, Glacier, Rxmk3b and ifi micro idsd)
Of course it cannot sound 3D and open as full size headphone but it's fine, even HD800 lost that battle to my 200$ speaker :).
There was more engaging and dynamic dac/amp (ifi micro idsd), but never so real and relaxed as Mojo. 
The only headphone I have that can achieve this life-like level without mojo is my LCD-2 (but that's not portable, right)
So I can say that the mojo is not for the fun or Prat sound type but it's a truly hi-end sound that hardly to have at this price point, I assured you :wink:

Regarding your se846, If you want an open ss and holographic sound in IEM, I suggest the SE5, is's said to be the most 3D IEM currently available. (For me the K10 has the perfect balance)
(sorry English is not my main language so maybe some mistakes)
It perhaps should be noted bounce again that mojo has about five hundred times the DAC processing power of all other mobile and almost all desktop Dac Amps so it should not be too surprising that it sounds as good it does.

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #8,539 of 42,765
  Plenue D having no digital out made me sad
frown.gif
  Maybe there are some good small phones out there?

Sony Xperia Z3 compact
Sony Xperia Z5 compact
OnePlus X

Are a few I have considered. Prior to getting into this game I never needed a phone with expandable storage, so despite the OnePlus One being a reasonable size lack of storage means I am compromised when using it. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #8,541 of 42,765
I may just go ahead and consider full sized headphones to go with my Mojo,

Because se846 is just not very intriguing, and after *auditioing* of the UE 18, I started getting very disappointed... In the IEM way of things.

Anyone with good experience with full sized headphones with the Mojo? Anything that stands out, I can spend between 600$ and 1k$.

I am using both AKG K3003's and Beyerdynamic T1's and they both offer great bang for buck, now they reached the end of their market cycles. Very pleased with both. Not feeling the need to upgrade either. If you want specifics, am happy to oblige. Mosty, however, they both offer very detailed, fairly bright, layered sound, which complement the Mojo well.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #8,542 of 42,765

Because se846 is just not very intriguing, and after *auditioing* of the UE 18, I started getting very disappointed... In the IEM way of things.

Anyone with good experience with full sized headphones with the Mojo? Anything that stands out, I can spend between 600$ and 1k$.

Focal Spirit Pro! Make sure to listen to them with the non coiled cable directly into Mojo

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #8,544 of 42,765
  I own a 64 Ears ADEL cIEM with which I listen to Mojo and while I think this combination is very good I can understand why the SE846 or Noble K1O have been getting a lot of love here too recently.  Mojo just makes you think you own the best IEM in the world.  

It does indeed, I have owned Shure SE535 for a few years now, but now awaiting IE800's to be delivered and with a fitting of Snugs Earphones Tips to hopefully compensate for the fitting issues many have experienced.
What I'm saying is expensive hobby if you are not careful

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #8,545 of 42,765

Hum so you tried two iems and you think they are not for you. You should take more time to judge...but it seems that you are asking many questions but not listening much to the answers (as many people have recommended things and you seem to ignore it. So I will recomment this (and afterwards ignore you):

1. Define precisely what you are after
  2. Do extensive research on the iems / ciems that correspond to this in these threads:
    1. http://www.head-fi.org/t/541494/multi-custom-in-ear-monitor-review-resource-mfg-list-discussion-check-first-post-for-review-links-information 
    2. http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-349-iems-compared-life-headphones-added-12-30-15-p-1096
    3. http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/71-iem-brief-review-thread-incl-rhine-monitors-cleartune-customart
    4. http://www.head-fi.org/t/769843/fit-for-a-bat-flagship-iems-shootout-8-ct6e-7-h8p-6-jh13-5-k10-4-bd4-2-3-a12-2-w500-1-se5u
  3. When you have a short list, you can start asking questions again...

No offense meant (well kind of), but you have to do your homework.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #8,546 of 42,765
I have searched the thread and the solutions thread and googled but didn't find any reference to this...

Since this morning my Mojo has a *very* low volume. Note that it didn't happen during a session. It was working fine, I powered it down, then I powered it on and the issue appeared. I thought the source was at fault, but I checked with 3 different sources, different players both on device and computer, and of course different cables. I also checked same sources with the same 2 headphones with same cables with another DAC/amp and it's working fine.

With the Mojo I have the same issue : the volume output is very low, basically I need to turn up the volume to pink to get average volume and that's with sensitive IEMs(S-EM9, 38 ohms, 119dB sensitivity).

Yesterday everything was working fine. The Mojo is charged, I am charging it full right now in case that's related but I wouldn't see why.
Oh and I did try both headphone sockets, just in case.
I don't have a coax handy to test it out.

I can't figure what's wrong, I looked up the manual but didn't find a reset sequence for the Mojo... anyone?
Thanks!

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #8,547 of 42,765
Thanks for the links, I too might peruse these (just bedtime reading of course) 
gs1000.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #8,549 of 42,765
  I can't figure what's wrong, I looked up the manual but didn't find a reset sequence for the Mojo... anyone?
Thanks!

This is baffling and I'm afraid I don't have the answer, hopefully after a full charge things might have righted itself. If you haven't done so yet maybe an idea to post this in the Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. as well, just to correlate this and other problems experienced by all users.

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #8,550 of 42,765
  I have a question about the noise via coax.
My DAP is cayin N5 and the coaxial cable is black dragon cable, bought together with mojo from moon audio.
My earphones are se535, inear sd4s, westone w40, IEMs of high sensitivity.
When I connect mojo to mac or other PCs via usb, it works well and there's no background noise.
However, when I connect it to cayin N5 via coax, I hear sharp and continous noise, not like the usual background noise but like the current sound.
Is it common or just my mojo's problem?

I have searched the thread and the solutions thread and googled but didn't find any reference to this...

Since this morning my Mojo has a *very* low volume. Note that it didn't happen during a session. It was working fine, I powered it down, then I powered it on and the issue appeared. I thought the source was at fault, but I checked with 3 different sources, different players both on device and computer, and of course different cables. I also checked same sources with the same 2 headphones with same cables with another DAC/amp and it's working fine.

With the Mojo I have the same issue : the volume output is very low, basically I need to turn up the volume to pink to get average volume and that's with sensitive IEMs(S-EM9, 38 ohms, 119dB sensitivity).

Yesterday everything was working fine. The Mojo is charged, I am charging it full right now in case that's related but I wouldn't see why.
Oh and I did try both headphone sockets, just in case.
I don't have a coax handy to test it out.

Thanks!

Are both balls the same colour?

Is everything plugged in securely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back