Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #8,551 of 42,765
  This is baffling and I'm afraid I don't have the answer, hopefully after a full charge things might have righted itself. If you haven't done so yet maybe an idea to post this in the Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. as well, just to correlate this and other problems experienced by all users.

I try to avoid double posting, but I will eventually if there is no answer.
I don't think charge will fix it, it wouldn't make sense that's wishful thinking on my part :p

Are both balls the same colour?
Is everything plugged in securely?

Both balls are the same color and everything is plugged securely, I have done and re-done it, with 2 different cables that I know worked before.

I tried setting to line out, turning off, and start it again but same result :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #8,552 of 42,765
  I have OCD, so size mismatch is impossible.

Please tell me you're still talking about DAPs..!  
wink_face.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #8,553 of 42,765
Hmmmm you've piqued my curiosity about DSOTM; is the DSD substantially better-mastered than the CD mastering?

Bought the SACD some years back and found it smoother than the CD version so in my case preferred the livlier version.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #8,554 of 42,765
I have searched the thread and the solutions thread and googled but didn't find any reference to this...

Since this morning my Mojo has a *very* low volume. Note that it didn't happen during a session. It was working fine, I powered it down, then I powered it on and the issue appeared. I thought the source was at fault, but I checked with 3 different sources, different players both on device and computer, and of course different cables. I also checked same sources with the same 2 headphones with same cables with another DAC/amp and it's working fine.

With the Mojo I have the same issue : the volume output is very low, basically I need to turn up the volume to pink to get average volume and that's with sensitive IEMs(S-EM9, 38 ohms, 119dB sensitivity).

Yesterday everything was working fine. The Mojo is charged, I am charging it full right now in case that's related but I wouldn't see why.
Oh and I did try both headphone sockets, just in case.
I don't have a coax handy to test it out.

I can't figure what's wrong, I looked up the manual but didn't find a reset sequence for the Mojo... anyone?
Thanks!

What "color" were you listening at before?

I know we all listen at different volumes but for me with my K10s I'd say double red is average volume, which I think is above your double pink.

Cheers

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #8,555 of 42,765
What "color" were you listening at before?
I know we all listen at different volumes but for me with my K10s I'd say double red is average volume, which I think is above your double pink.

Cheers

Usually I am listening like you at double red (was working so far until yesterday)

Double pink is way higher, I think the color you have in mind is when you throttle down to lower levels, it turns gradually from red to white. I am talking pink right before green I think. 

Edit : Strike that you were right, I meant double purple not pink, that's after blue actually, pretty far up and not even moderate volume that I got from double red before.

Anyway, much higher volume that I *never* had to use so there is a (serious) problem there I hope the amp is not fried or something.

Thanks for helping :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #8,556 of 42,765

I had the same issue with my iPhone 6+ this morning. I was convinced that it was the micro USB on the Mojo but I replaced my USB to micro USB with the short one that comes with the kit and the problem went away. I would suggest changing your USB cable as it should not cause disconnects whilst still plugged in just by touching it.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #8,557 of 42,765
  I had the same issue with my iPhone 6+ this morning. I was convinced that it was the micro USB on the Mojo but I replaced my USB to micro USB with the short one that comes with the kit and the problem went away. I would suggest changing your USB cable as it should not cause disconnects whilst still plugged in just by touching it.

I have a different problem from you, I am not getting disconnect, just very low volume when connected to USB audio.
I don't have optical or coaxial at hand to test this with other type of source which would be a good way to eliminate issue with the amp part.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #8,558 of 42,765

I have a different problem from you, I am not getting disconnect, just very low volume when connected to USB audio.
I don't have optical or coaxial at hand to test this with other type of source which would be a good way to eliminate issue with the amp part.

Sorry, I was replying to JOESMOKEY's message but did reply and not quote so it appeared after your problem. I was replying to :

"Looking for suggestions on how to make my Mojo listening experience more portable.

I'm using it with the Apple CCK (6+) and right now most slight movements cause the signal to drop for a second which pauses the music. I am not sure if it's the connection going into the Mojo that becomes unstable, the USB connection from the CCK to the Mojo, or the CCK itself. Both cables are pretty short so I am wondering if a longer cable from the CCK to the Mojo will help with stability.

If I leave the Mojo alone and don't move it, playback continues uninterrupted.

Does anyone else experience this? For what it's worth, I've never had this issue with other portable amps before."

I am sorry that I cannot shed any light on your problem, I have not seen anything reported like that and it may be a Chord question

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #8,559 of 42,765

I am sorry that I cannot shed any light on your problem, I have not seen anything reported like that and it may be a Chord question

No worries, I have not seen anything like it either and what worries me is that there is no reason that this problem appears out of the blue (no shock, nothing between the two listening sessions). I'll probably end up sending the unit for testing and repair :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #8,560 of 42,765
You guys are listening on double-red? You must be in completely silent environments w/extremely sensitive IEMS. My ADEL A12's have a 16 ohm impedance and I'm typically listening at the first click that makes a single green light or a click before that: one yellow one red. If I'm in a noisy environment I may go up to a single turquoise or even a single dark blue if it's a very quiet album.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #8,561 of 42,765
So I guess my ***new*** question is, with the Mojo, what iem can I add for a more *punchy* sound. (se846 is not enough for me), any iems known for Engaging sound, CIEM are fine as well

(just tried the UE18 (ultimate Ears) with the Mojo and to me they were far inferior to the se846...

I'm starting to wonder if getting sensaphonic sleeves for se846 will sound more engaging with my mojo which I love so much (primarily to it being musical and non fatiguing)

Correct me if I am mistaken but you bought your 846's second-hand for $275.00?    Perhaps there is a problem with the 846's themselves? 

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #8,562 of 42,765
Correct me if I am mistaken but you bought your 846's second-hand for $275.00?    Perhaps there is a problem with the 846's themselves? 

Did he really ? I saw many of those counterfeit 846 on Chinese websites under different forms......I would be afraid to buy used stuff nowadays ... Unless very reputable member or people that I know

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #8,563 of 42,765
You guys are listening on double-red? You must be in completely silent environments w/extremely sensitive IEMS. My ADEL A12's have a 16 ohm impedance and I'm typically listening at the first click that makes a single green light or a click before that: one yellow one red. If I'm in a noisy environment I may go up to a single turquoise or even a single dark blue if it's a very quiet album.

S-EM9 are 119dB so highly sensitive although 38 ohms compensates a little.
Yes I am talking quiet environment for that setting.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #8,564 of 42,765
I may just go ahead and consider full sized headphones to go with my Mojo,

Because se846 is just not very intriguing, and after *auditioing* of the UE 18, I started getting very disappointed... In the IEM way of things.

Anyone with good experience with full sized headphones with the Mojo? Anything that stands out, I can spend between 600$ and 1k$.

The ZMF headphones (modified Fostek) are very engaging with the Mojo. The Vibros are closed and will provide isolation if you need that, but they may not be transportable enough for you. Really fun, but lacking the last bits of detail compared to (much more) expensive headphones. I find my Vibros pair well with the Mojo, and you can crank the volume but not run out of power before it's too loud Bass is wonderful.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #8,565 of 42,765
Still trying to wrap my head around that low volume issue, I charged the Mojo fully and when I turn it on the light is blue under the USB port isn't that supposed to be green? I kinda didn't pay too much attention when everything was working fine... the manual doesn't recap the light color for USB port but the pic there shows a green light. 

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back