Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 16, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #6,931 of 42,765
1. I don't use EQ
2. Nope, please see my previous post; USB cable for Android phone and coax for FiiO X5.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

Thr main difference, I believe is the input USB vs Coax.

Thanks, i got my Answer.
yes, i feel USB input is better than Digital Input.

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #6,932 of 42,765
Trying some B&O H6's, so far great synergy with the Mojo, extremely open, detailed, neutral but great bass and fast. One that's being overlooked in favour of over priced coloured alternatives in my opinion. Wasn't expecting much, very pleasantly surprised.

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #6,935 of 42,765
IMHE, Hugo = Mojo both in SQ and power output.

power maybe? I'm not so sure. But with SQ, the Hugo is definitely ahead of the Mojo but it's not significant. When I tested both, I found the Hugo to be more open sounding, 3D, and detailed. This was especially noticeable in trance tracks. The Hugo is smoother sounding though, so depending what you like. If I had to put a figure on percentage, I'd say about 23.333333% :wink:

I only picked the Hugo cos I couldn't stand the intermittent buzz sounds that occurred when I received a message or email. That sound nearly blew out my ear drum. With the Hugo, that sound is reduced to barely nothing, even with my phone strapped to it.

For me, as my source would be my mobile, I like to surf, check, email etc and flight mode was definitely not an option, as I don't want to miss calls.

I've also found that the output from the Bluetooth setting sounds a lot better than plugged in to the iPhone 6plus.

Then again, the Mojo is exceptional value compared to the Hugo. With iems, there is a slight hiss background which was a bit annoying with really low volume music but ice grown accustomed to it and don't mind it any more, but if you're only using iems and hate hiss, then the mojo is for you.

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #6,936 of 42,765
power maybe? I'm not so sure. But with SQ, the Hugo is definitely ahead of the Mojo but it's not significant. When I tested both, I found the Hugo to be more open sounding, 3D, and detailed. This was especially noticeable in trance tracks. The Hugo is smoother sounding though, so depending what you like. If I had to put a figure on percentage, I'd say about 23.333333%
wink.gif

I only picked the Hugo cos I couldn't stand the intermittent buzz sounds that occurred when I received a message or email. That sound nearly blew out my ear drum. With the Hugo, that sound is reduced to barely nothing, even with my phone strapped to it.

For me, as my source would be my mobile, I like to surf, check, email etc and flight mode was definitely not an option, as I don't want to miss calls.

I've also found that the output from the Bluetooth setting sounds a lot better than plugged in to the iPhone 6plus.

Then again, the Mojo is exceptional value compared to the Hugo. With iems, there is a slight hiss background which was a bit annoying with really low volume music but ice grown accustomed to it and don't mind it any more, but if you're only using iems and hate hiss, then the mojo is for you.

Output voltage at different loads was measured and they are exactly the same.

This is what I posted from the impressions thread. That's not even a proper blind test. Just a tight volume match and a capability to quickly switch between Hugo and Mojo. For me a 20% difference is more than significant.  I plan to do more test with iems and other inputs and other songs. So my impressions is still preliminary.

My problem with the Hugo's bluetooth is it is easy to interrupt just by touching Hugo or the DAP(AK100 or AK120) will cause the stream to drop. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #6,938 of 42,765
  Hi, i am lusting after the Mojo but being an ipod classic user can only affortd to use my LG G3 as a player, is that a vast difference in SQ using a phone against a delicated player like the Fiio or Ibasso

I recently considered purchasing one of the Astell&Kern players, I tried the AK jr, AK100ii, AK120ii and AK240.
My current useage is Mojo and Nexus 6/Nexus 6P connected via USB OTG. I spent a few hours with my own collection of Hi-Res ranging from 16 Bit, 24 Bit, DSD ranging from 44.1Khz to full Native DSD on my phones inbuilt storage and the same files on a 128GB micro SD Card in the AK DAP's all tested using HD800's

IMO the only player which appeared to better my set up was the AK240 and by better I should say provided a larger sound stage.
I am no longer looking to purchase any of the newer Astell&Kern players at the moment

Long story short your LG G3/Mojo combo should make for a more than adequate combination

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #6,940 of 42,765
  Just purchased an Audioquest JitterBug to test with the Mojo on both the PC and with my G4 on the go. Anyone played with the Bug? Mine should arrive in a couple of days.

http://www.audioquest.com/jitterbug/jitterbug

Watching this space

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #6,941 of 42,765
  Just purchased an Audioquest JitterBug to test with the Mojo on both the PC and with my G4 on the go. Anyone played with the Bug? Mine should arrive in a couple of days.

http://www.audioquest.com/jitterbug/jitterbug

Is this what you are talking about or perhaps someone who goes around Head-Fi bugging people.
blink.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #6,942 of 42,765
The bug I'm talking about is one of the products of the year according to The Ear, along with the Mojo. Not sure who's the one bugging people here...
http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/products-year-2015-various

I'd rather try this A$79 mod than buy a $600 USB cable.

Now if you excuse me, I've got to witness the Force awakening in less than an hour. May the Force be with you all!

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #6,943 of 42,765
It seems clear from reading posts that the USB input has the best SQ but most DAP's do not have a USB digital output.

Are there any Dap's that do?

Also what smart phones with good expandable memory would you recommend from your own experience that would pair well together with the Mojo?

p.s.There are plenty of very informative posts on this thread on peoples real world experience that are very helpful to all of us.

" Not sure who's bugging people here..."       I was talking about myself.
evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #6,945 of 42,765

Is that something new, because I haven't seen it mentioned before. Though someone did mention something to do with Wondows sounds and Steam alerts, when listeing to HD-audio. Is it something to do with listening to HD-audio for you? The Mojo then having to switch to lower sampling frequency sounds for the phones sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back