Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 15, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #6,917 of 42,765
Unfortunately, I cannot agree that the N6s are anything special. I found them 'fun', but with a (subjectively, at least) very uneven frequency response. IMO, there are technically-more-proficient CIEMs available at circa $1099

Please note that I'm not talking about Noble as a rule. I am merely talking about the N6.

No worries! I do like the 6's, and they're definitely not reference monitor voiced (if that's what technically proficient means), but they are fun. Depends on your tastes of course. And no way I'd trade my K10's away for them. Cheers

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #6,918 of 42,765
  Dude, you must live near me - don't you love the south :)

Normally that would be a good bet but in this case my banjo-playing wife lives with me in far Northern Idaho,  You might be able to hear her on quiet nights though.  In all honesty, she's a seriously good amateur player and the noise--uh, cancel that I mean banjo music-- doesn't really bother me.  We jam together with friends all the time.

One of the reasons I bought the Mojo for my iPhone and 64 Ears A12s was for quiet.  They really exclude noise and I'm hoping Mojo will make the A12s sound even better--if that's even possible.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #6,919 of 42,765
Has anyone used this with full charge (without charging) and reach the ~10 hours (give or take)?

I can manage at most 5 - 6 hours on full charge.

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #6,922 of 42,765
Hi, i am lusting after the Mojo but being an ipod classic user can only affortd to use my LG G3 as a player, is that a vast difference in SQ using a phone against a delicated player like the Fiio or Ibasso

Nope. Not in my opinion anyway. :)

The source is just a transport and the Mojo does all the heavy lifting, so unless something is seriously wrong with the source's file decoding or the source's digital output the sound should be basically the same from different devices. You may have a hard time with EMF noise from a phone though unless in airplane mode.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #6,923 of 42,765
  Same here, maybe 6-7 hours. On my 4th charge and it takes around 5 hours to charge completely.

I meant it provides up to 10 hours use on full charge.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #6,924 of 42,765
Hi, i am lusting after the Mojo but being an ipod classic user can only affortd to use my LG G3 as a player, is that a vast difference in SQ using a phone against a delicated player like the Fiio or Ibasso

I prefer the SQ of my Mojo Jojo/Android phone combo to the Mojo Jojo/FiiO X5 combo.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #6,925 of 42,765
I prefer the SQ of my Mojo Jojo/Android phone combo to the Mojo Jojo/FiiO X5 combo.

Technically there should zero difference in SQ.

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #6,926 of 42,765
Love my Mojo G4 stack. However, there must be a better way to stack'em up than rubber bands... Liusting after a snap on cover that would keep them together and connect the Mojo over USB, something like a Zero Lemon case. Or like one of those monstrous extended batteries that put a hump at the back of the phone but instead of that there would be the Mojo. Need to get my hands on a 3D printer...

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #6,927 of 42,765
Love my Mojo G4 stack. However, there must be a better way to stack'em up than rubber bands... Liusting after a snap on cover that would keep them together and connect the Mojo over USB, something like a Zero Lemon case. Or like one of those monstrous extended batteries that put a hump at the back of the phone but instead of that there would be the Mojo. Need to get my hands on a 3D printer...

velcro, i use. there's other sticky-backed stuff you can consider.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #6,928 of 42,765
Technically there should zero difference in SQ.

Don't know about that. Android phone is connected by USB cable, FiiO by coax. And they do NOT sound the same.

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #6,929 of 42,765
Don't know about that. Android phone is connected by USB cable, FiiO by coax. And they do NOT sound the same.

That's strange, i wish Rob Watts can explain this difference.

My query is :

1. Do you use EQ in any case ? or it's Source out with no modulation ?
2. Same USB cable used for both connection ?
3. You listened to same song with same file format in both player ?
4. Both time you had same color light on power button in Mojo ?
5. Same headphone/earphone used for both ?

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #6,930 of 42,765
That's strange, i wish Rob Watts can explain this difference.

My query is :

1. Do you use EQ in any case ? or it's Source out with no modulation ?
2. Same USB cable used for both connection ?
3. You listened to same song with same file format in both player ?
4. Both time you had same color light on power button in Mojo ?
5. Same headphone/earphone used for both ?

1. I don't use EQ
2. Nope, please see my previous post; USB cable for Android phone and coax for FiiO X5.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

Thr main difference, I believe is the input USB vs Coax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back