Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 16, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #6,947 of 42,765
  It seems clear from reading posts that the USB input has the best SQ but most DAP's do not have a USB digital output.

Are there any Dap's that do?

Also what smart phones with good expandable memory would you recommend from your own experience that would pair well together with the Mojo?

The Pioneer XDP100r and Onkyo DP-X1 are the 2 DAP's I know that offer USB OTG out

I know some people have had success with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but check with Chord for compatible devices, but I would think most work well such as the Xperia but I personally use the Nexus 6 and Nexus 6P (neither have expandable storage) so I cannot confirm.

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #6,948 of 42,765

Feels nice...gotta wait a few hours to hear it
frown.gif

when the USB light goes off, go your hardest. Mine took about 4 hours to charge first time

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #6,949 of 42,765
  It seems clear from reading posts that the USB input has the best SQ but most DAP's do not have a USB digital output.

Are there any Dap's that do?

Also what smart phones with good expandable memory would you recommend from your own experience that would pair well together with the Mojo?

p.s.There are plenty of very informative posts on this thread on peoples real world experience that are very helpful to all of us.

" Not sure who's bugging people here..."       I was talking about myself.
evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

LG G4 works really well, expandable memory via Micro SD, removable battery so can carry a spare unlike Apple products. Using Onkyo HF & Hiby with zero issues. Bonus is a fantastic camera and screen, 4k video.

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #6,952 of 42,765
LG G4 works really well, expandable memory via Micro SD, removable battery so can carry a spare unlike Apple products. Using Onkyo HF & Hiby with zero issues. Bonus is a fantastic camera and screen, 4k video.

And the LG V10 phone is another great option. Bigger screen, removable battery, and SD Card. Also has a great internal DAC and amp from ESS that sound great for when you don't want to carry the Mojo

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #6,953 of 42,765

You need to load the high-res music separately through iTunes into Onkyo HF Player or similar. Don't bother with DSD files, the Mojo negates the need for them through the technology used and, not to mention, SACD rips of DSD will have been processed in PCM before the SACD was made anyway.

Slow your roll man, why is DSD pointless on a mojo?  Elaborate a bit so I can justify deleting all the DSD stuff I downloaded the past week(it's sucking hard drive space). 

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #6,954 of 42,765
Also anyone who gets the Audioquest jitterbug please post your review, it seems to be the PERFECT accessory for mojo given that it supposedly removes all RF/EMI interference.  I wonder if it affects timing/sq? Please post review, if it works it would allow us to use our phones without airplane mode and without interference.

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #6,957 of 42,765
I meant it provides up to 10 hours use on full charge.

Sorry yes, that's what I was referring to in my first sentence. I only get like 6-7 hours of use.
The three Sony ZX series DAP with special cable / adaptor. I can't confirm about the A Series DAP though.

I can confirm that the A series work with the OTG adapter too.

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #6,958 of 42,765
Guys, just to mention a music and fun thread 
etysmile.gif
started during the summer ( a distant memory now
confused.gif
)

Come on over and post some stuff or perhaps just for a look.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/775356/a-bit-of-music-and-a-bit-of-fun/795

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #6,959 of 42,765
Wow... 460 pages of discussion is going on. It looks like this Mojo is very successful. 
How would  you guys compare its sound quality to that of Benchmark DAC, Teac UD H01, Teac UD 301, AK240, iBasso R10, Aurender Flow? 
Does it come close to them?? 
Does it have a wide sound stage and detail just like Benchmark DAC? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back