Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #41,972 of 42,765
No i plugged it into my laptop and turned it on and trieds this but No.

I looked in the control panel and device manager and it does not show up at all, i did get a message on the desktop that the usb was not recognized.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #41,974 of 42,765
Reading the above under 'Limitations' I can see why mine failed:
"Degrades at high temperature and when stored at high voltage"

Prolonging life of
https://batteryuniversity.com/article/bu-808-how-to-prolong-lithium-based-batteries

Charging Li ion batteries
https://batteryuniversity.com/article/bu-409-charging-lithium-ion
Thanx for the links, interesting readings.
For your info, Mojo slowly charges the battery pack to 8.2V (in 4 hours), using current, voltage & temperature monitoring, but the battery can take 8.4V for full charge.
Mr. Watts in his wisdom had decided on 4.1V max. charge per battery, to prolong the battery life.
from the articles above, one can see that this method, reduces the available capacity of the battery to 90%, but doubles the life cycle! meaning assuming two charges per week, the battery (theoretically) manages 10 years of life (assuming standard 500 cycle life). at 4 charges a week, it will be 5 years.
Many can confirm that figure, though there are exceptions.
Some manufacturers charge the battery fully to 4.2V per battery, to get max. play time, to compete with other manufacturers, but not Chord.
He could have got an extra hour of play time, but decided life span was more important.
Also, because Mojo can get hot while playing and charging, the official battery is rated to 60C (i believe), not all batteries are!
This is why I recommended if one uses an un-official battery, not to charge and play at the same time.

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #41,975 of 42,765

I looked in the control panel and device manager and it does not show up at all, i did get a message on the desktop that the usb was not recognized.
Have you tried another cable?
if the device does not show in device manager, even as unknown, it means not connected.
Could be a simple cable failure, or worse, circuit failure.

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #41,976 of 42,765
Does Win10 sound tell you that the Chord is the output device? up arrow for hidden icons on the bottom of screen. Or go to settings / system
Yes, have you installed the chord usb drivers ?

Oct 8, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #41,977 of 42,765
Yes, have you installed the chord usb drivers ?
If it does not show under device manager, the computer hasn't connected to it yet!
even without any drivers, it should show up as unknown or something similar.

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #41,978 of 42,765
If it does not show under device manager, the computer hasn't connected to it yet!
even without any drivers, it should show up as unknown or something similar.
Thanks for the input.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #41,979 of 42,765
Any thoughts on an external battery in parallel with the mojo battery? Using 2 x Lithium ion 3.7V in series. Say 10AH. eg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...f-12&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"10000000719837406"}

Would the internal mojo charging circuit hold up if both were charged together via the usb?

Any issues with charging them in parallel with an external charger?

Would coupling an external fully charged battery to a discharged internal battery cause any issues?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #41,980 of 42,765

I uninstalled the chord driver and then rebooted and reinstalled the driver and it worked BUT after putting it into hibernation and then loading musicbee again it did not work or find the mojo, i wonder if the chord drivers are conflicting with the latest win10 updates?

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #41,981 of 42,765
I uninstalled the chord driver and then rebooted and reinstalled the driver and it worked BUT after putting it into hibernation and then loading musicbee again it did not work or find the mojo, i wonder if the chord drivers are conflicting with the latest win10 updates?
There some crappy windows problem where it puts usb devices to sleep to save power… might be something to do with that

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #41,982 of 42,765
Never been a problem before, but @ChordElectronics please can your tech guys check. :relaxed:
[edited] Turned out to be a socket related issue instead

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #41,983 of 42,765
Hi guys, does anyone buy battery from aliexpress or taobao? If they are good, can you guys give me the link? Thank you!

Oct 10, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #41,984 of 42,765
Oct 10, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #41,985 of 42,765
After much deliberation and searching and trying out various solutions, it transpired that the mojo usb was causing problems with the connection, it was not the cable itself but the socket it plugs into, i discovered that if i pushed the cable upwards it worked fine so i have wedged a piece of cardboard between the leather case and the cable to give it an upward lift permanently - how long before the socket stops working completely i do not know.

thanks for all you ideas and help

d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back