Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 31, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #40,411 of 42,765
Been hearing a lot of things about battery issues, wondering if the way i’m using the mojo is detrimental to the battery life. I’m using it as a desktop dac so the battery is usually at full charge, I only plug the charger in when it’s in use and when it’s not in use there’s nothing plugged into it. I heard the problems with the battery mainly arise when leaving it plugged into power 24/7, so i’m hoping this is a good workaround. Anyone have any thoughts?

Aug 1, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #40,412 of 42,765
Been hearing a lot of things about battery issues, wondering if the way i’m using the mojo is detrimental to the battery life. I’m using it as a desktop dac so the battery is usually at full charge, I only plug the charger in when it’s in use and when it’s not in use there’s nothing plugged into it. I heard the problems with the battery mainly arise when leaving it plugged into power 24/7, so i’m hoping this is a good workaround. Anyone have any thoughts?

If you have a consistent time of day that you use your Mojo - you could get a programmable timer, and set it to turn off at the start of your listening session, and then turn on to charge approximately 6 or 8 hours later. To be more precise, you could time some listening sessions, and then set the timer to turn on at the time you've found the charge level to be at point where it needs to be recharged.

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #40,413 of 42,765

The Mojo gets plenty hot when in use and not charging. It gets even warmer when charging + playing at the same and only makes things worst for the battery.
I suggest doing one or the other but not both.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #40,414 of 42,765
Here's a slightly off-the-wall question -
Are the Volume balls simply the caps for a pair of push-button normally-open momentary switches?
If so, in a desktop application - I think it would be neat to replace the switches with a rotary encoder and a PIC processor, to simulate up & down clicks when a Volume knob is turned.
Would this also improve sound quality?

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #40,416 of 42,765
I really like the idea of the Chord technology, but not the esthetic of the products. :ksc75smile:

I agree but the problem is the magic balls are the UI. Without the colors you lose the ability to show sample rate and whether it's PCM or DSD.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #40,417 of 42,765
Good mine today , it was very good :D
But I'm curious, what is the function of two 3.5mm output?

You and a friend can listen together if you have the same IEMs or headphones... to a point.

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #40,418 of 42,765
I agree but the problem is the magic balls are the UI. Without the colors you lose the ability to show sample rate and whether it's PCM or DSD.

Placing some translucent plastic over the Mojo's multi-color LEDs would allow the colors to be seen --- or a PIC / Arduino processor could probably be programmed to "read" the voltages / signals that are driving the LEDs, and then display the relevant information on a small screen.

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #40,419 of 42,765
Would this also improve sound quality?

My idea is just a rethinking of the user interface - so it wouldn't affect the sound quality.

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #40,423 of 42,765
Placing some translucent plastic over the Mojo's multi-color LEDs would allow the colors to be seen --- or a PIC / Arduino processor could probably be programmed to "read" the voltages / signals that are driving the LEDs, and then display the relevant information on a small screen.

I like your idea. That would be kinda cool.

I haven't seen many DACs that display sample rate and bit depth. Most seem to display only sample rate. One thing I like about my Brooklyn is that it displays both.

I'll probably be selling my Chord Mojo in a few months, the battery is almost dead and I don't want a battery powered device anymore.

Aug 2, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #40,424 of 42,765
I like your idea. That would be kinda cool.

I haven't seen many DACs that display sample rate and bit depth. Most seem to display only sample rate. One thing I like about my Brooklyn is that it displays both.

I'll probably be selling my Chord Mojo in a few months, the battery is almost dead and I don't want a battery powered device anymore.

In that case, you can try removing the battery altogether and plugging in Mojo. It will run like that and may work just fine as an always powered, always on dac. Only issue is no remote control volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back