Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 7, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #40,382 of 42,765
greetings

I fully discharged my mojo, then recharged it fully

Then i connected it to my laptop and used Jriver and played 1 flac song repeatedly using my iem, I got about 5 hours 15 minutes continuous playback time.

Can anyone tell me if that is an ok battery life for a mojo that is about 2 years old. And how it compares to a new unit. I want to know as I am planning to sell my mojo, and I like the buyer to know if my mojo is behaving as it should be

Eight hours is normal for a new Mojo. People do report battery life loss over time.

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #40,384 of 42,765
Will using an expensive DAC with a cheap amp degrade the overall sound quality? I have a DAC/AMP that's the same tier and price as the Mojo and iDSD BL, and the DAC portion is great, but the amp is weak. Is a cheap $200 Amp like the A5 a good way to increase the power and sound quality of my DAC, or will it make the sound even worse (since the amp is cheaper and less clean than the DAC's built-in amp despite being weaker) and make the DAC section useless (since most of the SQ depends on the amp section)? Or is it better to just shove in another $600 for a Mojo/iDSD BL?

Jul 7, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #40,385 of 42,765
greetings

I fully discharged my mojo, then recharged it fully

Then i connected it to my laptop and used Jriver and played 1 flac song repeatedly using my iem, I got about 5 hours 15 minutes continuous playback time.

Can anyone tell me if that is an ok battery life for a mojo that is about 2 years old. And how it compares to a new unit. I want to know as I am planning to sell my mojo, and I like the buyer to know if my mojo is behaving as it should be

if you’ve been using the Mojo on a regular basis (two or three recharges a week) that sounds like a reasonable amount of battery life. With my newish unit I’m getting about 7-8 hours of continuous play so I’d estimate your battery is at about 65-70% of its original capacity.

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #40,386 of 42,765
I think I may have discovered quite a strong synergy between the Mojo and the HD25. I will continue to look into this...

Currently using Xduoo X-10Tii -> Lifatec Glass Toslink -> Mojo -> HD25-1II with all CustomCans damping mods (except the one which involves opening up the driver) and Oyaide cable. My Forza AudioWorks cable should arrive tomorrow.

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #40,387 of 42,765
Short, new presentation video. Looks like the sticker on the back of the unit has become much bigger. I wonder what additional info it contains. Looks like a lot of extra text.

The additional text is basically just Chinese. The serial numbers seem to have really jumped up recently as well, so perhaps they're selling a lot of them over there.

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #40,388 of 42,765
Here's something most Mojo owners don't know, but there's actually a noticable sound quality difference between the two 3.5mm headphone ports.

The left one has a lower impedance, and sounds slightly more detailed, with better bass slam and dynamics, but it sounds more edgy, less smooth on the impact of sounds.

The 3.5mm port to the right, has less bass slam, and slightly less detail and dynamic contrast, but sounds smoother. I prefer the right port, since it's bass slam and dynamics still is excellent, but the smoother less edgy sound wins me over.

This difference was consistent with a 16 ohm JVC-S400, 250 ohm Beyerdynamic DT150 and 250, and a 300 ohm Sennheiser HD650

I asked Rob Watts about this a while back, and he said that the right port has a slightly higher ohm due to a longer PCB trace.
If you perceive a difference in sound between the two ports it's probably just in your head. The difference in resistance would have such a small fraction of a dB difference on the frequency response that there's no way you would perceive it - especially on the higher impedance headphones. The fact that you noticed a consistent difference with headphones of such different impedances supports that it was all in your head. You can quite easily test this by building an adaptor and adding different resistance values. Expectation bias is a powerful thing :wink:

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #40,389 of 42,765
I have question regarding battery, if my mojo not turning on in couple days, then i look back after couple days to turn them on, i left battery level in blue indicator that time, after couple days not turned on, suddenly the unit cannot be turned on, and i just surprised and found that the battery depleted to zero

What i want to ask, is this normal, the battery depleted and gone in couple days when unit is off ?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #40,390 of 42,765
I have question regarding battery, if my mojo not turning on in couple days, then i look back after couple days to turn them on, i left battery level in blue indicator that time, after couple days not turned on, suddenly the unit cannot be turned on, and i just surprised and found that the battery depleted to zero

What i want to ask, is this normal, the battery depleted and gone in couple days when unit is off ?
It is not normal for a new battery.
How old is your battery?

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #40,391 of 42,765
If you perceive a difference in sound between the two ports it's probably just in your head. The difference in resistance would have such a small fraction of a dB difference on the frequency response that there's no way you would perceive it - especially on the higher impedance headphones. The fact that you noticed a consistent difference with headphones of such different impedances supports that it was all in your head. You can quite easily test this by building an adaptor and adding different resistance values. Expectation bias is a powerful thing :wink:
I didn't expect any differences between the 2 ports when I got the Mojo... I expected them to sound identical, so expectation bias is out here.

I heard the difference the first time I switched back and forward between the 2 ports. After that, I did a lot more A/B comparisons, at different days and different times. I don't know if difference in resistance is the only thing accountable for the difference, maybe there's something else Rob didn't mention, but there's a definite subtle difference there, it's especially evident with lower quality modern recordings, where the right port sounds smoother around the edges.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #40,393 of 42,765
I guess 2 years now, so battery depleted when turn off is not normal then
There should be little or no battery depletion, if you leave the mojo switched off for a couple of days.
Batteries do deteriorate with age, but should still be OK after 2 years.
There is a risk if you tend to leave it plugged into the charger 24h/d, because the battery does not always react well to being permanently fully charged.

If you have a torx screwdriver, you can easily open the mojo case, and inspect the battery.
If the battery is swollen, it represents a fire risk, so unplug the battery and take it to a recycling centre.
If instead the battery looks ok, then email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and ask their advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back