Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 5, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #3,931 of 42,765

Quote:
  I suggest someone start a Wiki/Article. Then everyone can add bits as they come along. 

Good idea, the only problem is where are you going to keep the wiki link in unless you inform the thread owner to add it to the first page, it won't be remembered or we'll just have too many members repeating asking for it. Do you keep wiki links somewhere on this site for people to refer to?

It can be added to the first post easily enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Nobody seems to read the first page of this thread anymore....
triportsad.gif

I am continually updating the links, and posted Jazzfan's wiki/product page (mentioned again at the top of the page you are reading right now) last week.

Here's the post on the first page, with all the various links:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread#post_11992416

HTH 
beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #3,932 of 42,765

Just looked it up, you really must have very wide pockets!!

Blurry, squished on a train picture coming up

Out of shot is my Layla's... Haha, all a bit silly really to squeeze the last nth percentage of enjoyment out of my miserable commute...

<COUGH!>   errrm.... Duncan.... something appears to be missing from that stack... don't you think you might have forgotten something?

It's looking much too thin, in the above pic.

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/3840#post_12050526

BTW, congratz on the camera focusing

biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #3,933 of 42,765
The Chord Mojo - Making 5am flights more enjoyable since Oct 2015.

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #3,935 of 42,765
Nobody seems to read the first page of this thread anymore.... :triportsad:

I am continually updating the links, and posted Jazzfan's wiki/product page (mentioned again at the top of the page you are reading right now) last week.

HTH :beerchug:

Wooh that looks like a big pile of link mess :wink:

@mythion see how we did the first page on the DX50:

Just make sure you click on the expendable link at the bottom of the first page.

DX50 First Page - Please Click Me :wink:

With a little html formatting you could have something that's s little bit more organized however I have to admit it to you, I can't count how many times we had to tell members to go to page 1, that's just the nature of the beast : the way this website is organized and there is nothing we can do about it. I was politely asking Amos about it because I know it's an issue. I was just hoping he had seen a solution for it. :frowning2:

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #3,937 of 42,765
OK, so having got a Mojo I experienced a very noticeable leap in Audio perfection with my Shure SE846's connected to either my Note 4 (with UAPP) or my XPS13 notebook (with JRiver software) so for practical mobile use I was tempted to give a Sony ZX2 a try seeing as I got one cheap from Amazon Warehouse (also previously used a Dragonfly & HA-2). I know it needs 100hrs burn in to hit the sweet spot, but it didn't come close to the Mojo (some reasons posted here https://www.avforums.com/threads/chord-mojo-dac-headphone-amp-review.1987450/page-3#post-22819605 ).

DSD playback out of the ZX2 is noticeably inferior to the Mojo plus the ZX2 is clunky as an Android device compared to Note 4 on latest android OS with my Note 4 also having great battery life plus decent storage 32GB+128GB SD (plus saved me £720 by returning the ZX2).

So how to make my Note 4/Mojo a practical portable solution that's superb for audio and video. I decided to finally use my 64GB S6 for daily smartphone use (with Tidal music streaming) and setup the Note 4 as my main audio/video portable device seeing as the Note 4 screen is also stunning for watching movies.

No case for the Mojo yet so how to keep it protected and linked to the Note 4? I will let the following photos show my solution:

Quick photo of Note 4 next to the ZX2

Coat the Mojo in a Vinyl jacket and attach with strong Velcro to a spare Note 4 case I have (so I can take the Note 4 out for normal use if needed)
First short at a Template

Final Vinyl with this super strong Velcro

Mojo protected in the Vinyl

Couple of sponge sticky pads for the whole assembly to rest on (more protection for the Mojo)

Velcro applied to Mojo & case with shore OTG cable

And having Mojo on the back makes for a great stand in Landscape for watching movies!

Will obviously see what cases come out over the coming months but for now this is ideal while protecting my little Mojo (Vinyl & Velcro should easily come off later without damaging the Mojo). Easy to hold too as just grip the Mojo on the back with no need to put hand around Note 4 case.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #3,938 of 42,765

Nobody seems to read the first page of this thread anymore....
triportsad.gif

HTH
beerchug.gif

Wooh that looks like a big pile of link mess
wink.gif

@mythion see how we did the first page on the DX50:

Just make sure you click on the expendable link at the bottom of the first page.

DX50 First Page - Please Click Me

With a little html formatting you could have something that's s little bit more organized however I have to admit it to you, I can't count how many times we had to tell members to go to page 1, that's just the nature of the beast : the way this website is organized and there is nothing we can do about it. I was politely asking Amos about it because I know it's an issue. I was just hoping he had seen a solution for it.
frown.gif

Well, sure, I can collapse the links easily enough, I suppose.

Not a big deal, either way, really...

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #3,939 of 42,765
  I got these 2 cables some time back but not the micro USB model.

I have been using the USB B cable for my iphone 6 and Herus + for sometime now. It works direct without the connectors or the apple CCK.  DSD and PCM up to 356K plays directly from Onkyo HF to my herus +.  As I got some convertors, I tried it with my iphone 5s using the USB B cable with 2 convertors to convert the USB B to micro USB. Again without any apple CCK and I could play DSD direct and 24/196 PCM to the Mojo as well.  See screen shots. The Julian Muller is a DSD file (The power white color on the mojo is hard to capture. The volume buttons are red in the picture)  Norah Jones in 24/196 with the blue power (196khz Pcm mode) is also shown.

So there is a cheap short cable without using apple CCK available out there!  

Could you please tell us where we can buy these cables? They look ideal! 

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #3,940 of 42,765
Or AK120->Mojo->Cavalli Liquid Carbon (desktop) or

AK120->Mojo->RSA Intruder (portability) or

Pick your own DAP->Mojo->Pick you own Amp

Possibilities are endless
biggrin.gif

I thought about the Liquid Carbon as well, but my understanding is the Liquid Carbon would be best with a balanced input from a DAC. The yet to be named portable version could be the ideal fit. But then then connecting a phone/source -> Mojo -> Cavalli portable becomes too cumbersome.

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #3,941 of 42,765
  OK, so having got a Mojo I experienced a very noticeable leap in Audio perfection with my Shure SE846's connected to either my Note 4 (with UAPP) or my XPS13 notebook (with JRiver software) so for practical mobile use I was tempted to give a Sony ZX2 a try seeing as I got one cheap from Amazon Warehouse (also previously used a Dragonfly & HA-2). I know it needs 100hrs burn in to hit the sweet spot, but it didn't come close to the Mojo (some reasons posted here https://www.avforums.com/threads/chord-mojo-dac-headphone-amp-review.1987450/page-3#post-22819605 ).

DSD playback out of the ZX2 is noticeably inferior to the Mojo plus the ZX2 is clunky as an Android device compared to Note 4 on latest android OS with my Note 4 also having great battery life plus decent storage 32GB+128GB SD (plus saved me £720 by returning the ZX2).

So how to make my Note 4/Mojo a practical portable solution that's superb for audio and video. I decided to finally use my 64GB S6 for daily smartphone use (with Tidal music streaming) and setup the Note 4 as my main audio/video portable device seeing as the Note 4 screen is also stunning for watching movies.

No case for the Mojo yet so how to keep it protected and linked to the Note 4? I will let the following photos show my solution:

Quick photo of Note 4 next to the ZX2

Coat the Mojo in a Vinyl jacket and attach with strong Velcro to a spare Note 4 case I have (so I can take the Note 4 out for normal use if needed)
First shot at a Template

Final Vinyl with this super strong Velcro

Mojo protected in the Vinyl

Couple of sponge sticky pads for the whole assembly to rest on (more protection for the Mojo)

Velcro applied to Mojo & case with shore OTG cable

And having Mojo on the back makes for a great stand in Landscape for watching movies!

Will obviously see what cases come out over the coming months but for now this is ideal while protecting my little Mojo (Vinyl & Velcro should easily come off later without damaging the Mojo). Easy to hold too as just grip the Mojo on the back with no need to put hand around Note 4 case.

super! thanks for sharing that!

couple of questions

1) how did you create the vinyl jacket for the mojo, material and pattern?
2) what is you USB interconnect/otg cable? looks really discrete! link if poss for ordering? 

thanks!!

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #3,942 of 42,765
  I think Mojo kills iDSD Micro in terms of sound quality. No contest.

"Kills"
rolleyes.gif
sure... I own both, the Mojo is different in a good way, but don't "kill" in any term the iDSD.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/3345#post_12041111

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #3,943 of 42,765
I thought about the Liquid Carbon as well, but my understanding is the Liquid Carbon would be best with a balanced input from a DAC. The yet to be named portable version could be the ideal fit. But then then connecting a phone/source -> Mojo -> Cavalli portable becomes too cumbersome.

Not necessarily, it works also in SE mode (RCA) the best is if you need to move into balanced mode, you're already there and Alex's design is among the top in his field, a bonus it's way more affordable than his other highly regarded high-end models but hey I should stop selling Alex's products else I'll exhaust his limited 500 unit supply. :wink:

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #3,944 of 42,765
Well, sure, I can collapse the links easily enough, I suppose.

Not a big deal, either way, really...

Hey humility pays off, the best of the best all started at the bottom of the pile however I can see this turning into a full time position with all those links you need to track. I just wish this site would have the necessary tools to collect the info without us turning into web site developers. You're doing great job by the way! :beerchug:

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #3,945 of 42,765
Dude you are mixing topics/things up. Again, I suggest you re-read the posts again. Otherwise, my response will appear abrasive again. I know this thread moves very quickly so I'll avoid petty arguments as much as possible.

Since you took the time to highlight the section in my post maybe you should have read it as well as it actually said on a separate point and had nothing to do with the paragraph above it. Just chill a bit and don't take everything that's said as an affront to your ability to post on an Internet forum. As I mentioned before, others were only trying to make suggestions. You jumped down the guys throat! Just a polite suggestion that tone of voice cannot be heard on a written forum so always try to take things with a pinch of salt. Hopefully get back on topic with the other posters on this thread now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back