Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 5, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #35,056 of 42,765
Thanks, i did but i havent received an exaustive answer...

I've used it with HD650s and HE560s, and can't turn it all the way up with either.

The 560s in particular are known to be a bit hard to drive, and can't be driven with phones, laptops, etc. But they can be driven to painfully loud levels with the mojo.

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #35,057 of 42,765
I signed up for the Tidal free trial and was only getting the 96 kHz green light on the 192 kHz Master files from my PC. I received an email from Tidal that would extend my trial to 90 days if I put a credit card on the account. I did so yesterday and am now getting the blue 192 khz light when playing the 192 kHz files, and I’m getting the 96 kHz light when playing non master files. Don’t know if the change is related to the change in my subscription or not. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Very strange. I really don't understand why that is happening?

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #35,058 of 42,765
I've used it with HD650s and HE560s, and can't turn it all the way up with either.

The 560s in particular are known to be a bit hard to drive, and can't be driven with phones, laptops, etc. But they can be driven to painfully loud levels with the mojo.

I had lcd2 and mojo one year ago.. And i was very satisfied.. I sold it because someone told that it wasn't powerful enough to drive them to their max potential... Bought and audio gd nfb1.. Didnt find differences.. Now i m considering buying it again...

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #35,060 of 42,765
Using MrSpeakers Ether Flow Open with Mojo. Not even close to using max volume and I think they are a great pairing.

Differences with a desktop amp ecpecially in the bass department? I m. Beginning to think that all this fuzz about powerful expensive amps are snake oil

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #35,061 of 42,765
Is mojo able to drive atticus or mrspeakers with autority?

I don't know if he ever uses Mojo with them, but Rob Watts recently remarked that he likes Mr Speakers Aeon closed:

2017 Review

.... I must mention Mr Speakers Aeon closed. I first heard prototypes at different Canjams, and in I ordered a pair based upon 5 minutes listening. A production unit arrived in the Summer, and straight out of the box sounded exactly like I heard at Canjam - they are superb - extremely transparent and refined, but perhaps slightly bright, but not overtly so. Perfect for all the flying I do!

FTR, Mojo has equivalent power delivery to Hugo 1

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #35,062 of 42,765
Differences with a desktop amp ecpecially in the bass department? I m. Beginning to think that all this fuzz about powerful expensive amps are snake oil

My only other amp is the Questyle CMA600i. I would say the overall sound is a bit more powerful than the Mojo but haven’t noticed any differences in the bass. IMO the Mojo isn’t lacking in any department in comparison. The Mojo is such a musical little thing. So tight, precise and punchy. Makes you rediscover a lot of music.

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #35,063 of 42,765
I m. Beginning to think that all this fuzz about powerful expensive amps are snake oil

This! Except for a select few very very low sensitivity headphones the physics of the power delivery required is not anywhere near what marketing says. Comments of a more ‘powerful’ sound are mostly regarding amp tuning than actual power delivery at reasonable volumes without distortion.

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #35,064 of 42,765
Very strange. I really don't understand why that is happening?

Quick update, when playing Masters I’m getting a purple 384 kHz light on everything in Tidal as long as I am not using Exclusive Mode. Choosing Exclusive Mode changes the light to green 96 kHz.

While not in Exclusive Mode, I went to Nvidia Control Panel, under Display, Set up digital audio, Open Window Sound Settings, double click on the Chord and then Advanced tab you can select the sample rate and bit depth when running in shared mode. This was set to 2 channel, 32 bit, 384000 hz and is triggering the purple indicator on Mojo. If I change the sample rate in the Advanced tab the Mojo reflects whatever is chosen.

So...... is the PC taking the 96khz output from Tidal Masters, and upsampling it and passing it onto Mojo?

Jan 6, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #35,065 of 42,765
Quick update, when playing Masters I’m getting a purple 384 kHz light on everything in Tidal as long as I am not using Exclusive Mode. Choosing Exclusive Mode changes the light to green 96 kHz.

While not in Exclusive Mode, I went to Nvidia Control Panel, under Display, Set up digital audio, Open Window Sound Settings, double click on the Chord and then Advanced tab you can select the sample rate and bit depth when running in shared mode. This was set to 2 channel, 32 bit, 384000 hz and is triggering the purple indicator on Mojo. If I change the sample rate in the Advanced tab the Mojo reflects whatever is chosen.

So...... is the PC taking the 96khz output from Tidal Masters, and upsampling it and passing it onto Mojo?

Mojo doesn’t support mqa.

The best scenario is to use the exclusive mode of the tidal app or the asio in foobar or mojo.

Then we have often mostly 48 khz on many tidal mqa files (that formely are very higher than 48 khz).

Upsampling and sharing mode is always the worst scenario.

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #35,066 of 42,765
My Mojo is charging (it was at orange status) but the charging light is not working... I plug and unplug, still not working...
I should begin to worry?

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #35,068 of 42,765
Hello everyone, it's my first post in this forum! Been following this thread for sometime and wanted to confirm my understanding before I go ahead and purchase my Chord Mojo.

I'm planning to run the Chord in my very simple bedroom set up ( Fire TV > Smart TV (Hisense HE65k5510UWTS) Toslink > Chord Mojo > Audioengine A5+). I've read about keeping the Chord Mojo plugged in at all times and understand that I need at least 1A on the USB (so will attempt to charge it using the USB port on my active speakers, and if the current isn't enough then I will get a standalone charger for it).

Just want to make sure I'm on the right track in terms of what I need to upgrade in my system (a DAC should be my first go-to I believe?). And also have been considering the Arcam irDac II and Audiolab M-Dac which are around the price range. I think I'll still go for the Chord Mojo after the reviews I've read on this thread as well as a few others here also running it as a standalone DAC in their system. Unless any of you disagree.....? Let me know. Cheers!

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #35,069 of 42,765
Hello everyone, it's my first post in this forum! Been following this thread for sometime and wanted to confirm my understanding before I go ahead and purchase my Chord Mojo.

I'm planning to run the Chord in my very simple bedroom set up ( Fire TV > Smart TV (Hisense HE65k5510UWTS) Toslink > Chord Mojo > Audioengine A5+). I've read about keeping the Chord Mojo plugged in at all times and understand that I need at least 1A on the USB (so will attempt to charge it using the USB port on my active speakers, and if the current isn't enough then I will get a standalone charger for it).

Just want to make sure I'm on the right track in terms of what I need to upgrade in my system (a DAC should be my first go-to I believe?). And also have been considering the Arcam irDac II and Audiolab M-Dac which are around the price range. I think I'll still go for the Chord Mojo after the reviews I've read on this thread as well as a few others here also running it as a standalone DAC in their system. Unless any of you disagree.....? Let me know. Cheers!
I suggest you buy your Mojo from somewhere that allows returns after a decent period. Personally I doubt that you will get much improvement through your system but I could be completely wrong...

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #35,070 of 42,765

I use it also as dac for my main speaker chain and the improvement is huge. You can leave always connected to the charge as here was explained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back