Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 2, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #35,026 of 42,765
I never thought that the pillow could change the sound signature of an open headphone, surely it’s not the ideal way to listen (even for a closed kind). Also, when the pads are depth it’s even worse due to the discomfort of the pads inside the pillow and ear ache for this. I am trying to find a pillow that is good for the purpose in fact.

But I can’t help it. On-ear I dont like, in-ear I dont like (only when I am outside I use them), closed I don’t like (want to listen around when music is not playing).

It’s absolutely on my wishlist I will buy soon and will use in the laptop chain and in the iPhone chain.

Yeah, I was thinking again about you thinking your amp and speakers might be a little bit bright.

I am looking to invest in a mains unit that filters noise out of the Mains supply. Something like this. The Tacima CS947 https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/accessories/best-mains-products

Since removing noise from the USB power lines on my DAC with the Jitterbug helped. I am looking to see if I can purify the mains electricity. The general impression of these mains products, is that pro-reviewers report the same thing. Better dynamics, and reduction in brightness. ... It's got to be worth a try. At the least, it's anti-surge protection.

I am very interested also because the Rega Brio, which I have suffers a fraction of mains hum. A 50Hz signal very quietly in the speakers. I can hear it if I put an ear right next to the speakers. I can not hear it if I move my ear just a few centimetres away from the speakers. (Apparently this mains hum is not uncommon in amplifiers. Not that I ever remember it before.) ... However it will be enough to fractionally alter the sound. Regardless of this though, the Rega Brio is an exceptional amplifier, and has won many awards. No one says a bad word about it. .. It is truly amazing to listen to, from my experience.

If one of these mains products can do anything, then I will be ecstatic. ... it might be what you are looking for, for your system. Although the Jitterbug might be enough to make you happy. Or any other noise reducing gadget. Someone mentioned that the Schitt WYRD works well, and it reviews well. There is also the iFi USB 3.0 line of products. They can work on 5V power supply to the Mojo to charge it. If you are playing and charging, who knows if it will help. Also you can use it to cure noise in the audio signal line. It re-clocks though, so hopefully it will not interfere with the Chord DAC sending for signals.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #35,027 of 42,765
I asked earlier if there was burn in time on mojo and one said 24h and one said god no. But i recently whatched this hugo 2 review and the guy claims in the end of the video that it will get burnt in after playing it for a week. This could probably be aplied to mojo then.

Then i wonder if he means you have to constantly play it for a week non stop otherwise it will never get burnt in. Or if he means you will burn it in by playing music with it normaly with all the shut downs in between for a accumulated time of a week?

That was me that said it and this video is an idiot. There is no burn-in. It's like expecting your DVD player to "burn in" and play movies better.

If you're gonna start burning in your Mojo you might as well copy and paste your FLAC files around a couple times to "burn them in" too.

Jan 2, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #35,028 of 42,765
If you're gonna start burning in your Mojo you might as well copy and paste your FLAC files around a couple times to "burn them in" too.

Actually, copying and pasting FLAC files around a couple of times, does work - the trick is to use a silver-plated 99.999999% OFC USB cable with an external hard drive. Most people make the mistake of copying and pasting on an internal hard drive or a USB stick, so they don't get the benefit of the external USB cable. The cable must be cooled in liquid nitrogen before connecting the HDD, though, or the molecular structure won't refine the FLAC files correctly.

Jan 2, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #35,029 of 42,765
Actually, copying and pasting FLAC files around a couple of times, does work - the trick is to use a silver-plated 99.999999% OFC USB cable with an external hard drive. Most people make the mistake of copying and pasting on an internal hard drive or a USB stick, so they don't get the benefit of the external USB cable. The cable must be cooled in liquid nitrogen before connecting the HDD, though, or the molecular structure won't refine the FLAC files correctly.

Do you write for Stereophile? :wink:

Jan 2, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #35,030 of 42,765

I'm afraid that's wrong. My PC has "silver-plated 99.999999% OFC" for every single internal cable, SATA, PSU, Motherboard to USB sockets, so I can copy and paste from any source to any destination and get the sonic improvement in all my audio files. I have also set-up some scripts to do this automatically.

Jan 2, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #35,031 of 42,765
I'm afraid that's wrong. My PC has "silver-plated 99.999999% OFC" for every single internal cable, SATA, PSU, Motherboard to USB sockets, so I can copy and paste from any source to any destination and get the sonic improvement in all my audio files. I have also set-up some scripts to do this automatically.

Nope; you're missing the cryogenic conditioning stage. Those cables will be far too warm inside that PC case :p

EDIT: in response to more than one concerned private message, from fellow Head-Fiers, I'm compelled to make it clear that I was just joking in my earlier post, about improving .flac files by copying them to an exterenal hard drive. I know it was obvious to most of you, but one or two others might not catch the sarcasm, what with the limitations of text communication.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #35,032 of 42,765
BTW, Happy New Year to Mojo owners around the globe!

Truly, I wish you all a fantastic 2018
cheers beerchug EMOTICON.gif

Jan 3, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #35,036 of 42,765
I just bought a $6 cable to connect my old Denon CD player via coaxial to the Mojo. Very cool! It's nice that you can literally go out and buy a $100 used CD player, as long as it has coaxial output and a good laser/drive system, you can rediscover your CD collection at home. You don't need a computer, a phone, or a DAP to get really nice sound from this baby right on its own. Granted, perhaps you would be better off getting a $600 used CD player from a hi-fi shop, but that's beside the point. With the Mojo you can hook it up to anything, including a CD player lying around the house, and it produces great sound.

Jan 3, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #35,037 of 42,765
Can I use this cable with my Mojo please?
my plan connection:
(Windows) --> (Mojo) --> (Sony MUC-M12SB1) --> (Sony XBA-Z5)
it says "Balanced cable" but it has only one end from Mojo side, I though balanced cable should have two ends from each side. sorry I am noob in balanced setups.
and if it is balanced, can I still use it with my Mojo. I just need a good cable that, I prefer copper cables since I heard it enhances bass.

sony.png

link to cable:
http://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/headphone-extension-cables/muc-m12sb1

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #35,038 of 42,765
my plan connection:
it says "Balanced cable" but it has only one end from Mojo side, I though balanced cable should have two ends from each side. sorry I am noob in balanced setups.
and if it is balanced, can I still use it with my Mojo. I just need a good cable that, I prefer copper cables since I heard it enhances bass.

sony.png

link to cable:

Thank you!!

You would need an adapter to use that cable with Mojo as it has 3.5mm single ended outputs. Probably better to get a different cable unless you already have that one.

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #35,039 of 42,765
my plan connection:

sony.png

link to cable:

Thank you!!

No, it won’t work. That’s a 4.4mm balanced Pentacon connector to be used only with a device that has a balanced Pentacon output (Pentacon is a relatively new balanced headphone connector).

The Mojo has a 3.5mm single ended (TRS) output and an adaptor would be needed. Might as well look at a different cable.

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #35,040 of 42,765
No, it won’t work. That’s a 4.4mm balanced Pentacon connector to be used only with a device that has a balanced Pentacon output (Pentacon is a relatively new balanced headphone connector).

The Mojo has a 3.5mm single ended (TRS) output and an adaptor would be needed. Might as well look at a different cable.

Is there an echo in here, at least we both agree. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back