Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 20, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #31,847 of 42,765
  I sent the following to Chord tonight:

Can you please advise on the situation with iPhone users who upgraded to iOS 10.3 and the Mojo (a truly great device) that no longer works (at least for me) any more than five or so minutes before I have to pull out the lightning cable and replace it. The Mojo is good to go for the next five or so minutes and then I repeat the process. The post on your Facebook page says to wait until Apple releases the next iOS update.

I called Apple today to see if there is any way to rollback to 10.2 (there isn't).  They also said that they don't know when the next release will be issued. When it is, how do we even know if the Mojo will work with that iOS release?

I really like the sound of my Mojo, but saying to wait with no further guidance is not helpful. I know you monitor and post on Head-Fi. Lots of posts there (including mine), but the silence by Chord on this topic is troubling. Can you please advise on a resolution?

Thanks,

David

I hope to get a response there (or here). I did not get a reply to my last message to Chord, so I thought why not post the content here (Hello Chord???). Hope to get a response, but more importantly, a solution.

Chord please fix this.  I just bought a month and a half ago and have no idea what i can do with this outside of selling it and telling all my friends it is not worth it anymore.  I feel like the only option to keep this is to now buy a Chord Poly which costs MORE than the chord mojo.

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #31,848 of 42,765
Chord please fix this.  I just bought a month and a half ago and have no idea what i can do with this outside of selling it and telling all my friends it is not worth it anymore.  I feel like the only option to keep this is to now buy a Chord Poly which costs MORE than the chord mojo.

Chord can't fix it, it's an Apple issue, and many other brands are experiencing the same issues. It's in Apple's hands.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #31,853 of 42,765
Chord can't fix it, it's an Apple issue, and many other brands are experiencing the same issues. It's in Apple's hands.

Is it really though? It seems the chord mojo was made to work around apples interface in the first place (much like the other brands) so it seems plausible to think that they should continue to work towards that, however way that may require.  Chord seems to have a large amount of iOS users that i doubt they would want to lose.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #31,854 of 42,765
This will solve all of your Apple iOS woes!

Works fabulous, you can keep your phone as a phone... and you can stream to it with Bluetooth. No notifications to kill your music. You can stream music to your home stereo... it'll take MicroSD cards up to 256GB. It is under $100 (CCK is $29 already)... Apple can't decide to do an upgrade and break it, etc. etc. etc.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #31,855 of 42,765
Group test in this month's HiFi Choice magazine

Chord Mojo. Audioquest Dragonfly Red. iFi iDSD Black Label. Oppo HA2se, Rha DACamp II, ATC HiFi.

No prizes for guessing which one wins!

I'm kinda interested. Does anyone know when this will be out ?

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #31,856 of 42,765

Is it really though? It seems the chord mojo was made to work around apples interface in the first place (much like the other brands) so it seems plausible to think that they should continue to work towards that, however way that may require.  Chord seems to have a large amount of iOS users that i doubt they would want to lose.

I didn't bother to look but there's a big chance other brands are also suffering the same fate as Chord re CCK + iOS v10.3 breakage.  With your line of reasoning, ALL DAC/Amp makers that allows input via micro-USB interface + CCK connection MUST fix the issue that ONLY Apple can do.  Really?  It is not plausible at all for me.  With that, I commend Chord for posting a notice in their Facebook page, they know of the issue but can't fix it from their end.  

... they should continue to work towards that, however way that may require.

I understand that you are really pissed-off (been missing "toying" with Mojo balls on the go?) and maybe still cannot accept the fact that Apple messed this update for audio enthusiasts like us.  Trust me, I know the feeling.  For days/weeks - I felt like I wanted to throw the darned CCK3 cable away.  But having realised that it's an Apple software issue, well, we just have to extend our patience and wait until Apple releases a fix. 

For now, my advice as a co-sufferer - let's enjoy Mojo as a desktop unit, or use the other Mojo inputs, and play our beloved music to appease us eh.
dt880smile.png

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #31,858 of 42,765
From my understanding, if the unit is not Apple MFI certified - then Apple doesn't guarantee the unit's compatibitily in their future updates. Now since the Mojo is not MFI certified - they fell into this category (amongst the rest of other devices). So who's fault is it now? Apple which clearly stated this? Or Chord who doesn' t want to have thier devices certified? It's a blame/waiting game right now...

For Mojo users who exclusively uses their iPhone that's affected by this
- we can wait IF Apple addresses this issue (or if they even see this as an issue in the 1st place).
- or look for another DAP that can be used as transport and continue using the Mojo with it
- or sell the Mojo

In any scenario, yes it's a hassle indeed and only the individual can decide which way to proceed

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #31,859 of 42,765
From my understanding, if the unit is not Apple MFI certified - then Apple doesn't guarantee the unit's compatibitily in their future updates. Now since the Mojo is not MFI certified - they fell into this category (amongst the rest of other devices). So who's fault is it now? Apple which clearly stated this? Or Chord who doesn' t want to have thier devices certified? It's a blame/waiting game right now.

Or the person who purchased the Mojo knowing Chord said the Mojo was not MFI certified and that Apple's only purpose for the CCK was to connect a camera to transfer photos. The potential for future compatibility issues should have been obvious, but I bet only a few even considered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back