Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 21, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #31,861 of 42,765
Or the person who purchased the Mojo knowing Chord said the Mojo was not MFI certified and that Apple's only purpose for the CCK was to connect a camera to transfer photos. The potential for future compatibility issues should have been obvious, but I bet only a few even considered it.

Agreed.

Yes, the consumers are smack right in the middle of this (which sucks) - but for now, we can do something about it (as per suggestions) or just air out sentiments and leave the Mojo gathering dust and wasting money. The Mojo is a very versatile device and i'm sure people will move on from this issue and find ways to further enjoy their investment/music.

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #31,862 of 42,765
Even Apple MFI certified devices are having issues...

Seriously, suggesting Chord fix Apple's iOS USB power requirement change in the latest iOS update is absurd. I get it, it's not a pretty picture and there are a lot of people who are very upset with Apple's update, but it's Apple's issue to work out and the owners that use an Apple device as a source will, unfortunately, need to see if Apple fixes the issue.

Apple is already aware of the issue apparently so now the ball is in their court, not in the hands of manufacturers, including Chord.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #31,864 of 42,765

From my understanding, if the unit is not Apple MFI certified - then Apple doesn't guarantee the unit's compatibitily in their future updates. Now since the Mojo is not MFI certified - they fell into this category (amongst the rest of other devices). So who's fault is it now? Apple which clearly stated this? Or Chord who doesn' t want to have thier devices certified? It's a blame/waiting game right now.

Or the person who purchased the Mojo knowing Chord said the Mojo was not MFI certified and that Apple's only purpose for the CCK was to connect a camera to transfer photos. The potential for future compatibility issues should have been obvious, but I bet only a few even considered it.

Sorry but no, Apple clearly mentioned support for other USB devices in the Use Apple USB camera adapters with other USB devices support article.  To quote a portion of the article that's relevant here:

You can use these USB devices with Apple USB Camera Adapters:
  1. Audio/MIDI interfaces and devices
  2. Hubs
  3. Ethernet adapters
  4. SD card readers
  5. Bar code scanners

To use the Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter, you need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9.3 or later.

I know that's for the USB3-CCK/CCK3 but it should apply to the USB2-CCK version too.  

Obviously, Mojo belongs to the Audio/MIDI interfaces and devices.  Mojo do NOT need to be MFI-certified, it just needs the interface to connect to the CCK3 cable.

What does this mean for us Mojo users?  To me this breakage is still Apple's fault and without giving much hope to the others, that means I expect Apple to issue a fix for this.
dt880smile.png

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #31,865 of 42,765
Sorry but no, Apple clearly mentioned support for other USB devices in the Use Apple USB camera adapters with other USB devices support article.

Noted on your point. To me, like one of the posts before, the ball is in Apples court. If they really see this as an issue then good for us users, then a fix will be coming. But please correct me - has Apple acknowledged this yet?

If they don't see this as an issue - then Mojo (with iPhone) users might need to find ways to further utilize their devices...

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #31,867 of 42,765

Sorry but no, Apple clearly mentioned support for other USB devices in the Use Apple USB camera adapters with other USB devices support article.

Noted on your point. To me, like one of the posts before, the ball is in Apples court. If they really see this as an issue then good for us users, then a fix will be coming. But please correct me - has Apple acknowledged this yet?

If they don't see this as an issue - then Mojo (with iPhone) users might need to find ways to further utilize their devices...

I don't know if Apple acknowledged it but Chord mentioned in their Facebook post that Apple has already been notified.

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #31,873 of 42,765

Sorry but no, Apple clearly mentioned support for other USB devices in the Use Apple USB camera adapters with other USB devices support article.  To quote a portion of the article that's relevant here:

You can use these USB devices with Apple USB Camera Adapters:
  1. Audio/MIDI interfaces and devices
  2. Hubs
  3. Ethernet adapters
  4. SD card readers
  5. Bar code scanners

To use the Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter, you need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9.3 or later.

I know that's for the USB3-CCK/CCK3 but it should apply to the USB2-CCK version too.  

Obviously, Mojo belongs to the Audio/MIDI interfaces and devices.  Mojo do NOT need to be MFI-certified, it just needs the interface to connect to the CCK3 cable.

What does this mean for us Mojo users?  To me this breakage is still Apple's fault and without giving much hope to the others, that means I expect Apple to issue a fix for this.
dt880smile.png

A more relevant part of the article you didn't include might be:

Some USB devices need more power than your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can provide. If you connect one of these types of USB devices, you might see an alert that says “attached accessory uses too much power." Try one of these steps: 
  1. Connect the USB devices to a powered USB hub or secondary power source.
  2. Use a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.
The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter has a built-in Lightning port, which you can connect to a USB power adapter. This provides power to your iOS device and connected USB device.

Which clearly identifies the potential problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back