1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. hung031086
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/chord-mojo-portable-dac-amp $500 for mojo, only 1 left

2. x RELIC x Contributor

Chord has repeatedly said that the Massdrop Mojo would not have any warranty through Chord. Buyer beware.

3. DBaldock9

Just curious - Of all the Mojo owners here on Head-Fi, how many have needed to use the Chord Service Warranty?

Take Care,
    David Baldock

4. Bengkia369

I had both Hugo & Mojo when they first launch and till now both serve me well and never failed me once.

5. x RELIC x Contributor

I haven't counted, but there have been a few for various reasons whether justified or not.

Personally, I would rather keep within and support the official distributor network and have warranty over going with a company that sideskirts the distributor network without the blessing of the manufacturer. Everyone is obviously free to make their own choice to save a few bucks, I'm just highlighting that Massdrop is not sanctioned by Chord and that potential purchasers should be aware.

6. MarkTwain
    Better buy from licensed distributors with valid warranty.

Bought my Mojo this week on Monday and brought it back on Tuesday to the local store to exchange for a proper DAP instead. Lucky hand for me, or it is QC issue, but I had distorted, dragged sound first 5mins of use after charging for 4hours. Lights of middle ball does not function properly. Using iPhone6plus and it couldn't connect with my smaller iPhone6 for some reason. Could not connect to another iphone at the store as well before the store recognise the issue and agreed to exchange for me.

Sound-wise, it is fine, though there are many DAPs offering equal or better SQ with more versatility. My last attempt to grab an external DAC/Amp. Not worth the trouble and risk for me.

7. jmills8
    Tape them with Black tape or the Classic Gun Metal Duct tape, 2. Spray paint them.

8. Happytalk
    Maybe get an old black silicon iPod case and cut out what needs to be cut out for access to jacks. Should cover the lights pretty well.

9. Boerd

OK - charging now from my Dell Precision Workstation's USB - silent. High quality PSU -> quiet charging. I tried the Apple charger - dead silent. Thank you!

10. betula

I had to send back my early production Mojo after a year, as the battery life has dropped to 4 hrs. I had been promised to get a brand new replacement unit. After 2 weeks I am still waiting for it to arrive.

11. miketlse

Possibly the Chord staff are working flat out, coping with the Christmas rush for orders. Plus the UK postal service may be slightly slower than usual coping with the pre-Christmas increase in letters.

Deftone likes this.
  12. Deftone
    It gets pretty hectic this time of year as we all know

13. rkt31
    brightness of mojo balls is no issue . simply stick some tape on a piece of black paper. now put that piece of black paper to cover the balls and stick the ends of paper with the piece of tape to mojo. another way is to color the balls with permanent marker.

14. miketlse

I went to my local post office in France just before dinnertime today, to pick up a parcel. I was surprised to find that there were 30 people ahead of me in the queue - we are still 3 weeks away from christmas!

So for everyone who is anxiously waiting for a delivery of some hifi gear - allow the post a few days contingency before you get too stressed. [​IMG]

15. Bengkia369

I love to rub those balls