Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 2, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #26,792 of 42,765
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/chord-mojo-portable-dac-amp $500 for mojo, only 1 left

Chord has repeatedly said that the Massdrop Mojo would not have any warranty through Chord. Buyer beware.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #26,793 of 42,765
Chord has repeatedly said that the Massdrop Mojo would not have any warranty through Chord. Buyer beware.

Just curious - Of all the Mojo owners here on Head-Fi, how many have needed to use the Chord Service Warranty?

Take Care,
David Baldock

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #26,794 of 42,765
Just curious - Of all the Mojo owners here on Head-Fi, how many have needed to use the Chord Service Warranty?

Take Care,
David Baldock

I had both Hugo & Mojo when they first launch and till now both serve me well and never failed me once.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #26,795 of 42,765

Take Care,
David Baldock

I haven't counted, but there have been a few for various reasons whether justified or not.

Personally, I would rather keep within and support the official distributor network and have warranty over going with a company that sideskirts the distributor network without the blessing of the manufacturer. Everyone is obviously free to make their own choice to save a few bucks, I'm just highlighting that Massdrop is not sanctioned by Chord and that potential purchasers should be aware.

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #26,796 of 42,765
Better buy from licensed distributors with valid warranty.

Bought my Mojo this week on Monday and brought it back on Tuesday to the local store to exchange for a proper DAP instead. Lucky hand for me, or it is QC issue, but I had distorted, dragged sound first 5mins of use after charging for 4hours. Lights of middle ball does not function properly. Using iPhone6plus and it couldn't connect with my smaller iPhone6 for some reason. Could not connect to another iphone at the store as well before the store recognise the issue and agreed to exchange for me.

Sound-wise, it is fine, though there are many DAPs offering equal or better SQ with more versatility. My last attempt to grab an external DAC/Amp. Not worth the trouble and risk for me.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #26,797 of 42,765
Do any of you guys have any ideas for how I can turn off the button lights on my Mojo while it's in use?

I emailed Chord and they said they don't have any plans to implement this with the Mojo but will keep it in mind for future products. :|

I'm scared to try doing anything as drastic as cutting the wires leading to the LEDs. Any other suggestions? The lights just draw too much unwanted attention when I'm using it on the bus or at work.

Thanks!
Tape them with Black tape or the Classic Gun Metal Duct tape, 2. Spray paint them.

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #26,800 of 42,765

Take Care,
David Baldock

I had to send back my early production Mojo after a year, as the battery life has dropped to 4 hrs. I had been promised to get a brand new replacement unit. After 2 weeks I am still waiting for it to arrive.

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #26,801 of 42,765
I had to send back my early production Mojo after a year, as the battery life has dropped to 4 hrs. I had been promised to get a brand new replacement unit. After 2 weeks I am still waiting for it to arrive.

Possibly the Chord staff are working flat out, coping with the Christmas rush for orders. Plus the UK postal service may be slightly slower than usual coping with the pre-Christmas increase in letters.

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #26,803 of 42,765
brightness of mojo balls is no issue . simply stick some tape on a piece of black paper. now put that piece of black paper to cover the balls and stick the ends of paper with the piece of tape to mojo. another way is to color the balls with permanent marker.

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #26,804 of 42,765
It gets pretty hectic this time of year as we all know

I went to my local post office in France just before dinnertime today, to pick up a parcel. I was surprised to find that there were 30 people ahead of me in the queue - we are still 3 weeks away from christmas!

So for everyone who is anxiously waiting for a delivery of some hifi gear - allow the post a few days contingency before you get too stressed. 
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #26,805 of 42,765
brightness of mojo balls is no issue . simply stick some tape on a piece of black paper. now put that piece of black paper to cover the balls and stick the ends of paper with the piece of tape to mojo. another way is to color the balls with permanent marker.

I love to rub those balls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back