Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 2, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #26,761 of 42,765
@esm87, jitterbug and ferrite both help in cleaning the emi rfi getting into the electronics via usb cable or coaxial cable. these tweaks will improve the sound to some extent in any dac. so no wonder mojo also benefits from it. background becomes blacker even the last bit of sibilance from vocals will be removed. having said that mojo even with cheap usb/ coaxial cable sounds lot more smooth than other dacs.
thanks bud, how would I connect it to a galaxy s6 phone with mojo? Cheers

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #26,764 of 42,765
Tidal content tends to be encrypted - is that what you are referring to?

Well when I have wifi off (and I have downloaded offline Playlist on Tidal to my phone. And I try to access it through UAPP (so I can get bitperfect) the files don't play... They only play when I'm online... I need to have offline bitperfect files from Tidal via UAPP

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #26,765 of 42,765
Well when I have wifi off (and I have downloaded offline Playlist on Tidal to my phone. And I try to access it through UAPP (so I can get bitperfect) the files don't play... They only play when I'm online... I need to have offline bitperfect files from Tidal via UAPP

Not going to happen.  The developer of UAPP has stated this several times.  There's nothing he can do about it.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #26,767 of 42,765

How come UAPP doesn't play Tidal offline in bitperfect towards mojo?

Tidal content tends to be encrypted - is that what you are referring to?

I'm not saying I agree with Tidal's policy, but I understand why they do it.

Tidal is a streaming service. It is not (fundamentally) a file-downloading service. You pay a subscription and DURING THE PERIOD OF THAT SUBSCRIPTION, you get to listen to any & all music Tidal has on its servers, in real-time. Encrypting their offline files is how Tidal manages to keep control of the music people have subscribed to listen to. Since Mojo is better-fed with Bit-Perfect data, rather than Android's 24/192 upsampling, that means using UAPP, but UAPP can't handle Tidal's encrypted offline content, so, at this point in time, if you want to be able to listen to all your offline files, BIT-PERFECT, then you need to buy the music, from normal online music retailers, not subscribe to a streaming service that encrypts its offline content.

There are ways around it, but that's not what Head-fi is for.

Edit: clarified Bit-Perfect aspect.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #26,768 of 42,765
Sorry, I should have been clearer - when I said Head-fi is not for discussing ways around Tidal encryption, I sounded stroppy / rude, but that's really not how I meant it.

All I meant was that trying to circumvent encryption is not a legitimate thing to do, and because of that, it's not appropriate to discuss here.

Sorry for any misunderstanding
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #26,770 of 42,765
Do any of you guys have any ideas for how I can turn off the button lights on my Mojo while it's in use?

I emailed Chord and they said they don't have any plans to implement this with the Mojo but will keep it in mind for future products. :|

I'm scared to try doing anything as drastic as cutting the wires leading to the LEDs. Any other suggestions? The lights just draw too much unwanted attention when I'm using it on the bus or at work.

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #26,772 of 42,765
I turn mine upside down, or stack with the volume buttons inside. Not the best, but it does cover some of the lighting. I'm assuming you know how to change the brightness?

Sure, the long double volume press. Still very attention grabbing. Even with normalization (don't judge me!) my song volumes are still all over the place so I find myself adjusting volume constantly. So I want to keep the volume buttons accessible... just discreet.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #26,773 of 42,765

I turn mine upside down, or stack with the volume buttons inside. Not the best, but it does cover some of the lighting. I'm assuming you know how to change the brightness?

Sure, the long double volume press. Still very attention grabbing. Even with normalization (don't judge me!) my song volumes are still all over the place so I find myself adjusting volume constantly. So I want to keep the volume buttons accessible... just discreet.

It's not very hot in Vancouver, is it?

Therefore, maybe you could put your stack in a small camera case (some listed in post #3, but there are endless sizes available).

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #26,774 of 42,765
@baglunch

To your own risk - I take no responsibility for it: besides the idea of a case, you could unscrew your Mojo, take the three balls out, paint them black with any permanent colour, let the colour dry, insert the balls again, screw the two halves together again.
Not that I'd personally do it, however this is one solution I have in mind if it really is a problem for you.

/edit:

Or you could open it and put some dark film/foil on the LEDs (such as the one that is used for tinting car windows).

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #26,775 of 42,765
It's not very hot in Vancouver, is it?

Therefore, maybe you could put your stack in a small camera case (some listed in post #3, but there are endless sizes available).

I'm reluctant to go the camera case route as that would make it even less accessible, and I'd look like I was constantly messing around in my camera bag, which would draw attention.

I'd ideally like to just have the Mojo out in the open but less noticeable. Considering putting some black tape across the buttons, if there's a safe way of removing the adhesive after a couple years. Would be ugly tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back