1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Ike1985
    I popped back into this thread after a few months absence, here awe are approaching 2000 pages and the chord guys are STILL responding to people's basic questions.  Unbelievable customer support.  These aren't some minimum wage guys paid to respond to our posts, the creators of the Mojo are here giving us their time.  Cool.

Deftone, tomwoo and cpauya like this.
  2. jmills8
    maybe they are at work not working but instead they are on various forums trying to stay awake and trying to look like they are working.

3. Dobrescu George

Mein friend, smoothness needs to be ironed out in my headphones with every source! 

As long as there is no roll off, ie800 so far did not need any EQ,but  besides ie800 every other headphone and IEM needed heavy EQ to fit my bill. Even ie800 needs some treble sometimes, color me a bright person [​IMG]

4. Mython Contributor

Quote:

I suspect the reason for that conclusion is simply that many people (myself included) have remarked upon how good Redbook sounds when played through one of Rob's DACs, but, as you have pointed out, that is not the same thing as saying that Rob's DACs are at their best with Redbook.

Quote:

@ trachery: there are probably hundreds of discussions on Head-fi, talking about the differences between various file-formats.

I agree with Barndoor and Delayeed, that there is no need to use .wav files on your X7, with or without Mojo.

.Flac will serve you just as well, with almost zero difference in SQ (and possibly fractionally better SQ, under some circumstances), whilst consuming less memory space.

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/16500#post_12525696

5. Hellvis
    So for those of you with a Sony Walkman and a Mojo, do you turn all of the Walkmans sound enhancements off? if not what do you enable or adjust?

6. Mython Contributor

I suspect none of the enhancements will work whilst using the digital-out, but I can't recall 100% definitely.

7. jwbrent

I couldn't agree with you more. Having worked in the high end audio industry for 26 years, this attention bestowed on the owners of Chord products is rare.

8. trachery

Thank you all. Yes I do prefer flac because of the tagging capabilities.
    Cheers.

9. GreenBow

Yeah @navydragon showed us a while ago that all settings are not accessible when a Mojo is connected to USB out.

It appears to be output in bit-perfect. However it may be a default setting. Either way, no volume or EQ settings are available when Mojo connected.

10. EagleWings

You need a Coaxial Cable to connect the Fiio X7 with the Mojo. Fiio X7 does NOT have Optical Out. Check out post #3 for coaxial cable options for Fiio X3ii and X5ii. You need the same cable for X7.

11. x RELIC x Contributor

I've always said there's nothing wrong with adding an amp if it's to your liking. I've always said that everyone should go with their personal preference. Read my signature, I stand by it. Your assertion that the HE-560 sounded worse as a result of a lack of power is a false conclusion. The math says it's fine, your brain just doesn't like it. The ZX2 sounds so digital and fake to my ears I can't stand it, but I don't go in the ZX2 thread saying that Mojo is so much better. Again, preferences. Just because the Mojo is tuned smooth and the QP1R (your example) is tuned bright doesn't mean the Mojo isn't extended. Just like the HD800 is considered bright by some and natural by others. Just different presentations and preferences. I'm simply stating that comments like 'it isn't extended' are false, and it is. I've tried helping new users, and to keep much of the technical information straight as it's a confusing implementation for many. Apologies if it came across as beating over anyone's head.

Good luck, I'm out.

Edit: And just to know where I'm coming from, I put my money where my mouth is and own a TOTL 9W amp because guess what, I enjoy the colouration it adds to the DAVE from time to time. It doesn't make me blind to the technical fact that it's adding its' own sound to the mix.

Mython, Deftone and Light - Man like this.
  12. Mojo ideas
    it's because we travel the world and are in hotel rooms half a world away from where we live and aren't sleepy. So wide awake :flushed:at 3:00 am the forums are a good form of entertainment and all your points, discussions and suggestions go into the mix for our next steps. It's more than useful, you guys are our guiding light along the rocky path to audio nirvana! Don't mess around with our batteries power supplies though. A lot of thought and knowledge has gone into them to give the best results and keep you all safe and batteries are potentially very nasty if one goes up in flames in your face. :sleeping:

Deftone, gikigill, xtr4 and 7 others like this.
  13. audi0nick128
    Hey there,

has anyone tried the Ifi IDefender3.0 with Mojo?
    It provides galvanical isolation... or like 95% isolation and might be useful partner for Mojo.

Cheers

14. miketlse
    Travelling for work sounds glamorous, but it is not always as enjoyable as it sounds. [​IMG]

15. discord76
    Is anyone else using BubleUPnP app on their smartphone to play music from a NAS drive through a Mojo with a Chromecast Audio in between? I have a couple of questions about it -

First, I have a toslink cable running from the Chromecast Audio to mojo. However I can change volume with my phone, which I dont want to happen. How do I make sure the Mojo receives the original digital signal?

Secondly, how do i stop BubbleUPnP repeating albums in a never ending loop? I just want it to play the album or song i select one time.