Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 27, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #26,551 of 42,765

Just to close the loop, I received ZY Cables' Lightning to MicroUSB cable yesterday (along w/ AQ Nighthawks! :)). Purchased here. So far, no issues on iPhone 7+ 128GB running iOS 10.1.1. Sample rate reflected correctly on Mojo when playing high-res from Onkyo HF, NePlayer and HibyMusic. Seems to work well (have been running in Airplane mode so don't know about RF rejection). Will see what happens with the next iOS update... Thanks all.

That's "SUPPER!" 
wink_face.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #26,552 of 42,765
Nov 27, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #26,553 of 42,765
Added to post #3, thanks.

However, just like the seemingly-identical Hi-Fi Spot cable,  I have some mild concerns about the longevity of this cable, since the individual braids of the cable do not look very resilient to bending and/or friction.

On the flip-side, though, I wouldn't criticise it too much, since it is very reasonably-priced.

'You pays yer money and you takes yer pick!' 

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #26,554 of 42,765

Agree, it does seem a bit flimsy. We'll see how it holds up. Might heat shrink / epoxy / cloth the whole thing!

beerchug.gif

Thanks again...

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #26,557 of 42,765
Guys need a little help
Just bought mojo connected with Mac book pro late 12 but when I listen to 256kHz dsf hi res download from retail site sometimes music stutter or goes down for second tryed change cable same problem also with smartphone s7 same essue
Any advice please

These stutters can be anything. It can be your power supply spiking. I had same stutters but with video on my PC, reinstalled windows and everything running smooth. I would reinstall windows if it's worth it.

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #26,558 of 42,765
Is Mojo known to sound any different as he "burns in?" I know what I think I'm hearing, but I don't want to influence anyone else by saying it just yet. Did anyone else hear some aspect of the sound change in the first 25 hours or so? Or did anyone specifically hear no change?

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #26,559 of 42,765
Guys need a little help
Just bought mojo connected with Mac book pro late 12 but when I listen to 256kHz dsf hi res download from retail site sometimes music stutter or goes down for second tryed change cable same problem also with smartphone s7 same essue
Any advice please

Adjust stream buffer on your player to at least 300ms. You're running out of buffer if the music stutters.

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #26,561 of 42,765
Is Mojo known to sound any different as he "burns in?" I know what I think I'm hearing, but I don't want to influence anyone else by saying it just yet. Did anyone else hear some aspect of the sound change in the first 25 hours or so? Or did anyone specifically hear no change?

there are a few posts on this thread, mentioning that after people have been listening to mojo for a few weeks, returning to their previous favourite dac/dap sounds 'dull' in comparison.
the feedback from rob watts, is that mojo does not experience physical 'burn in', but rather the human brain experiences a form or 'burn in' as it gets used to the new greater musical detail provided by the mojo. everyones brain then uses neuroplasticity, to reroute some neurons to exploit this greater detail better. now the neurons have been rerouted, then the previous dacs/daps providing less detail inevitably sound a bit dull in comparison.

so i fully expect that you are aclimatising to mojo - it just proves that you are human. 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #26,562 of 42,765
new to this thread i just learnt the mojo also powers mr speakers with great drive. hopefully in jan a major splash out!!!!

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #26,563 of 42,765
  new to this thread i just learnt the mojo also powers mr speakers with great drive. hopefully in jan a major splash out!!!!

that's the spirit.
i bought headphones on black friday last year, then something on cyber monday (tomorrow), but then everything else had to wait till the january sales.

just be sure to be clear in your mind, what your needs are, before you buy.
sales have a nasty tendency to make people buy on impulse, then regret it later. 
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #26,564 of 42,765

Guys need a little help
Any advice please

Adjust stream buffer on your player to at least 300ms. You're running out of buffer if the music stutters.

Even though Mojo is capable of playing back very high-res files, some hi-res files exceed the abilities of the transport to convey the data efficiently.

I've been told that DSD 256 is as processor-hungry as PCM running at 705.6 kHz. I presume your .DSF 256 files are much the same scenario

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #26,565 of 42,765

Even though Mojo is capable of playing back very high-res files, some hi-res files exceed the abilities of the transport to convey the data efficiently.

I've been told that DSD 256 is as processor-hungry as PCM running at 705.6 kHz. I presume your .DSF 256 files are much the same scenario

Well IMO OS X can't handle them correctly then since my lowly 1.9 GHz tablet runs DSD256 with less than 10% CPU usage and with 500ms stream buffer. Zero drop outs, zero issues even when browsing, loading multiple tabs and playing YouTube video with sound output on the on-board DAC all at the same time. Increasing stream buffer so that the system does not need a narrow delivery time (less than 50ms) to Mojo and that eliminates dropouts since the data is buffered before it goes to Mojo allowing the system to multitask and delegate the CPU/RAM/HDD use to other tasks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back