Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 22, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #23,026 of 42,765
Oh so, you were getting longer blue lights before? Hmmm.

Btw, what headphones are you using?

Yup, I think during the first 3-4 months of usage I was experiencing the expected discharge time before the LED light changes from one color to another. From month 5, I started experiencing the quicker LED light change from blue to green. Then the past few weeks have been very weird: even after leaving the unit charged overnight, there are times when immediately after turning on my unit I am seeing the green LED instead of the usual blue light.

I am just using my pair of custom IEMs (a five-BA driver unit from a local manufacturer; before that, a triple-BA CIEM from the same local manufacturer). I rarely use full-sized HPs with the Mojo, considering that I don't get the full listening experience with them; I prefer hooking my full-sized HPs (an HD600 and an HE-400i) to my desktop amplifier (a Lake People G109-A) with the Mojo used as a line-out DAC. Whenever I used my Mojo as a line-out DAC, I make sure that the unit is properly ventilated.

Have you tried switching Mojo completely OFF, and then leaving it to charge?

Yup, I've tried that a couple of times already. The same problem occurs. :frowning2:

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #23,027 of 42,765
I absolutely love this gadget! 
Elegant, compact, good sounding, no fuss, not so many devices do that in this niche market 
When paired up with my er4s, it's purely blissful 

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #23,028 of 42,765
Couldn't Chord offer a quality mains charger/ power supply that:

a/ actually charges the Mojo in the 4 hours quoted

b/ does so silently

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #23,029 of 42,765

b/ does so silently

I am not speaking for Chord - this is just me speaking, personally:

By the time Chord got a charger through the chain of distributors and retailers, each expecting their margin, they would probably struggle to get anywhere near the cut-throat prices of chargers on Amazon. Consequently, accusations would probably be hurled in Chord's direction, regarding presumed profiteering, even if not actually the real situation!

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #23,030 of 42,765

b/ does so silently

Neither of your issues is serious, if you charge your mojo at night, whilst you are asleep.

But if you don't like doing that, then the reasons for charging noise, are explained in post #3, the section titled Charging noise 

Regarding the time to charge http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/20130#post_12728087 It is possible to use overchargers (I used the oppo VOOC charger) to try and reduce the charging time, but you do risk frying your electronics http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/20145#post_12729283 .

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #23,031 of 42,765

b/ does so silently

Regardless of the charger being used, Mojo will not reach 100% in 4hrs, as the trickle charge kicks in around 85%. In all fairness, Chord says that 4hrs of charge will give you around 10hrs of playback and, not that it will reach 100% of charge. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #23,033 of 42,765
Sep 22, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #23,036 of 42,765
Any word on an approximate for SD mojo module?

No, there is no approximate ETA for the module, yet.

Chord are working hard on developing the module, but it's a complex circuit, with a lot of functionality, and is quite unique, so it will take time to develop.

Personally, I would not expect to see it before 2017.

The most recent comment about the module, from John Franks, was this:

I can't tell you precisely what we are working on but when we showed the guys at Rune they said Wow and John Darko pretty much said the same! And for the technology driven guys the design uses a ten layer board. So it's an interesting little project.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #23,037 of 42,765
Sep 22, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #23,038 of 42,765
  I absolutely love this gadget! 
Elegant, compact, good sounding, no fuss, not so many devices do that in this niche market 
When paired up with my er4s, it's purely blissful 

I'm charging my newly arrived Mojo :)
Cheers!

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #23,039 of 42,765
We can all remember how you are feeling. 
biggrin.gif

Don't rush the charging, but remember to savour your first listening session. 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back