Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 22, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #23,042 of 42,765
I tried to turn it on shortly after I took it out of box, strangely it wouldn't turn on (maybe my fingers were numb from excitement 
dt880smile.png
)
I guess the battery level might be too low to operate. 
Right now I'm anxiously waiting for the small white light to switch off (Hopefully in five hours?). It's so hard to see the white light with USB cable attached...

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #23,043 of 42,765
  Strong are those who can resist the temptation to sneak a quick listen before the 5hr charging completes.

I have heard some people who can't get more than 4 hours battery life on their mojo.
Happens to be a large overlap with the people who earlier in the thread told me I was wrong & dumb for insisting the initial charge matters.
The moment you turn it on, no extra charging will have any effect.
I did 12 hours before my first listen and I always can get at least 7 or 8 hours.

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #23,044 of 42,765
I've had my unit from day one and it charges in approximately 4 hours (give or take) and I still get 8.5-9 hour run time using the JH Angie or ETHER Flow. I charge with a 2A 5V USB charger and never leave it plugged in for an extensive time. Every now and again I run it until the battery blinks red and then do a full recharge to re-calibrate the battery meter. These practices have kept my battery quite healthy.

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #23,045 of 42,765
Im getting around 7 hrs out of mine. Mix of Qobuz, hi-res and all sorts off CD quality files.

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #23,047 of 42,765
I've had my unit from day one and it charges in approximately 4 hours (give or take) and I still get 8.5-9 hour run time using the JH Angie or ETHER Flow. I charge with a 2A 5V USB charger and never leave it plugged in for an extensive time. Every now and again I run it until the battery blinks red and then do a full recharge to re-calibrate the battery meter. These practices have kept my battery quite healthy.

I've charged about 3 hours, not sure I want to charge full 10 hours as the instruction stated . It's hard to believe what vapman said that the initial charge matters so much. According to Page 1:
Please note: Instructions advise charging a brand-new Mojo for 10 hours before using, but actually, it is only necessary to charge until the tiny white charging LED goes out. With most brand-new Mojos, this will be around half that. Just trust what the charging LED tells you.
I also have faith in modern battery technology 
L3000.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #23,048 of 42,765

I've charged about 3 hours, not sure I want to charge full 10 hours as the instruction stated . It's hard to believe what vapman said that the initial charge matters so much. According to Page 1:
Please note: Instructions advise charging a brand-new Mojo for 10 hours before using, but actually, it is only necessary to charge until the tiny white charging LED goes out. With most brand-new Mojos, this will be around half that. Just trust what the charging LED tells you.
L3000.gif

Chord do approx half charge the batteries before the mojos are shipped, so the full 10 hours is rarely needed.

If Chord did not part charge the batteries, and shipped the mojos with little charge, there is always the risk that the battery would be almost completely discharged, and have entered safe shutdown mode, when the mojo was bought. There would then be thousands of calls to customer services, wondering why the mojos were unresponsive to charging, when first switched on. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #23,049 of 42,765
  Chord do approx half charge the batteries before the mojos are shipped, so the full 10 hours is rarely needed.

If Chord did not part charge the batteries, and shipped the mojos with little charge, there is always the risk that the battery would be almost completely discharged, and have entered safe shutdown mode, when the mojo was bought. There would then be thousands of calls to customer services, wondering why the mojos were unresponsive to charging, when first switched on. 

Thanks for the info!

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #23,050 of 42,765

L3000.gif

You are allowed to believe what you want! I never said you were wrong. I do believe strongly the initial charge matters most though.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

There is probably no harm in stopping charging when the light goes out. Whether that has any relevance on your Mojo's battery life, I don't think anyone can say for sure.

All I do know is several people who can't get more than 3 or 4 hours maximum from the Mojo battery, did not do the full charge before using. I don't know if they charged at all or just turned it on. I am sure you are safe.

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #23,051 of 42,765

[COLOR=FF0000]Please note: Instructions advise charging a brand-new Mojo for 10 hours before using, but actually, it is only necessary to charge until the tiny white charging LED goes out. With most brand-new Mojos, this will be around half that. Just trust what the charging LED tells you.[/COLOR]
I also have faith in modern battery technology :L3000:

I'm not sure why you quoted me. I was one of the first ones to receive a Mojo before the official launch and I have great battery life. I've also been in this thread from the first post so I'm not sure why you are highlighting the information. I was simply stating that my Mojo's battery is still great with the way I use it. Also, it's wise to re-calibrate the 'battery gauge' from time to time. This has proven to fix some users short run time in the past.

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #23,052 of 42,765
  I failed miserably, btw..

Luckily I have X7 to listen to during the wait...Why do I need Mojo in the first place
confused_face_2.gif

I guess this is what happens if I visit this thread millions times a day...

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #23,053 of 42,765
I'm not sure why you quoted me. I was one of the first ones to receive a Mojo before the official launch and I have great battery life. I've also been in this thread from the first post so I'm not sure why you are highlighting the information. I was simply stating that my Mojo's battery is still great with the way I use it. Also, it's wise to re-calibrate the 'battery gauge' from time to time. This has proven to fix some users short run time in the past.

Oh I just copy-pasted from post #3 Battery & Charging section. I guess it was highlighted in red to tell people there is no need to charge for 10 hours before first use. I agree with the way you use the battery and prepare to do the same. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #23,054 of 42,765
Personally, I am bemused at how some people find it such an agonising struggle to just let their electronic products charge fully for the first time, before using them.

Doesn't even matter whether one 'believes' in the need to fully charge before using for the first time. Just be pragmatic, cover your bases, and let the darn thing charge for a few hours until it's full - how hard can it be?
blink.gif

If one doesn't have the personal willpower to do something so simple, then good luck with the rest of life experience - you're going to need it.

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back