Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 15, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #22,713 of 42,765
How does toslink sound with the mojo?
no eq and most hear dont like strong bass. Plus many love Celine Dion and ABBA.

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #22,714 of 42,765
  So I finally picked up the mojo. Bought it from Audio Sanctuary in the UK.. They had it for 332.50 lbs which came out to $450. Not a bad price.

http://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/chord-electronics/

Upon first listen, bass seems to be pretty light. I hope this resolves itself upon burn in. It is really open sounding though. It took a while to get it connected to my android. Worked flawlessly out of the sony zx2 the first time. 

I stream mostly tidal hifi. I would like eq though, which tidal doesn't have. I've read about amarra for tidal, which is only for mac it seemsl. Does anyone have experience with it on the phone using eq? Does it work? Are they other alternatives?

Just got the zx2 a couple of weeks ago, now the mojo. If the mojo's bass doesn't improve, I'm going to sell it. I have too much gear and need to start selling some off.

332 lbs... Was this a special edition 'osmium' Mojo? Hate to think what shipping costs you paid for on that :p

Never thought of the Mojo as lacking in bass, and I mainly listen to electronic, EDM, rock and the like.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #22,716 of 42,765
Listening to Mojo through USB with Audioquest Jitterbug plugged next to the Mojo in the empty USB socket. Sound is very smooth with good air and stage. The tizzy roughness that is associated with most heaephones is almost completely gone. Very nice!

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #22,718 of 42,765

It sounds very good. I preffered the optical input on the Mojo with exotic cables until I used higher sampling rates with ASIO drivers and stock cable of Mojo. Problem is optical it only samples upto 96 kHz vs. USB which can sample upto 384khz. I hear the difference and prefer USB over optical now on playing music through streaming services.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #22,719 of 42,765

It sounds very good. I preffered the optical input on the Mojo with exotic cables until I used higher sampling rates with ASIO drivers and stock cable of Mojo. Problem is optical it only samples upto 96 kHz vs. USB which can sample upto 384khz. I hear the difference and prefer USB over optical now on playing music through streaming services.

Who told you optical only goes as high as 96khz?
blink.gif

Try a higher-quality toslink cable. You should get to 192khz without a problem.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #22,720 of 42,765
@talan7, I use a small coaxial cable between fiiox3 ii and mojo. I opted to get 4 pole trrs and 2 pole connector from market and soldered a small cable as per the polarity of fiio x3 ii. in India it is difficult to get ready made mojo to fiio x3 ii cables. I put few small ferrite chokes on the cable and I would say it made very perceptible improvement to the background.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #22,721 of 42,765
@talan7, I use a small coaxial cable between fiiox3 ii and mojo. I opted to get 4 pole trrs and 2 pole connector from market and soldered a small cable as per the polarity of fiio x3 ii. in India it is difficult to get ready made mojo to fiio x3 ii cables. I put few small ferrite chokes on the cable and I would say it made very perceptible improvement to the background.

Ok, thanks. I'll look into something similar.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #22,722 of 42,765
Who told you optical only goes as high as 96khz? :blink:

This!

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #22,723 of 42,765
Who told you optical only goes as high as 96khz? :blink:

No one told me it does only upto 96khz. The manual of Mojo says upto 192khz but in windows 10 64bit, sampling rate only shows upto 96 kHz to select from what I remember. Will check again later since I'm currently in middle of reinstalling os.

I still notice using Chord's own ASIO driver brings different timing (with USB asynch)vs. using default Realtek driver if you were to use optical input (only option).

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #22,724 of 42,765
Same here.  My Lavricable has been my go to portable cable and with the new iOS update....nothing.  Restarting did not help.  It does not recognize the cable.  

I have had great customer service with Lavricable so I think we will hear from them...

And that's why I ditched Apple, the refusal to allow flac, blocking third party hardwarde, MFI nonsense, I still lovr my Macbookpro laptop but will never own another apple mobile device.

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #22,725 of 42,765
is there any audible differences between a dac with like 95dbs of dynamic range compared to mojos 125db?

im not very knowladgeble when it comes to measurements and the like i usually just listen to make my opinions, but im still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back