Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 14, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #22,681 of 42,765
Fellow Mojo aficionados, i could use your advice.  Here's the story....

After lurking on this thread a while and consuming the troves of raving reviews, i pick up a Mojo to pair up with my SE846. Thanks to tips on this site, i turn to Amazon.co.uk for the $140 savings presented by Brexit.  Gadget arrives three weeks and sonic bliss presents but for one catch (of course, there's a catch); cellular interference from my iPhone! Airplane mode is not an option for me (streaming spotify), and i don't care to invest in a DAP, so,with a sigh, back to Amazon.co.uk it goes.  Repackaged and at the UPS store - now comes the surprise.  Return shipping is over $100.  Wait....what?  It only cost 
[COLOR=111111]GBP 9.95 to get here.  Apparently it is a lot cheaper to ship TO the US than out.  And Amazon will reimburse up to ~$10.  Next option - USPS - $48 with tracking.  [/COLOR]​

[COLOR=111111]Then it occurs to me.  Can a fellow head-fier benefit from my predicament?   With only a few posts to my name and never having sold (or purchased) on the forum, I have no repute to speak of.  Will anyone be interested?  Still have a week to return and just looking to minimize loss.  Thoughts?  [/COLOR]​

[COLOR=111111]Nash[/COLOR]​

You could either stream songs with Mojo on a flat surface or not on top of your phone. Or you could save the songs offline and listen that way. So basically stream at home, discover new songs, add them offline at put Mojo on airplane mode and enjoy!

So yesterday I was listening to both Tidal and Spotify on my phone connected to the HD 700. When the phone was not on airplane mode I could only hear slight interference if I moved the cable around a lot. But the odd thing was, I was having a harder time than usual picking out individual instruments and hearing the starting and stopping of notes. It was as if the sound stage sounded congested and I couldn't focus on anything.

I turned the phone on airplane , and what do you know? The congestion disappeared. I could easily perceive the soundstage and instrument placement. The sound became more 3D.
The phone noise just disappeared and the only thing left was fantastic music!

So the point I'm trying to make is, if you also love the way Mojo sounds, there are things you can do, and unfortunately some trade offs here, but if you can work through them, you will have a rewarding experience like no other!

And if you don't feel that way, I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would be happy to take Mojo off your hands :)

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #22,682 of 42,765
any updates on the new mojo extender having arrived-finally-to the distributors?
...delayed now nearly 2 weeks

friendly advice to chord going forward on new product releases:
please forgo making announcements of any new products unless they're
1/ physically on the way to your distributors
or better still
2/ are actually are at your distributors and ready to be shipped.

It is bad enough when we're promised repeatedly a release 'in the next months..then weeks...then days..then nothing happens.  And finally when an announcement is made, and we enthusiastically and quickly open our wallets to place our orders, we're then told by any distributor
(a few times now, Audio Sanctuary) that the product is delayed, hasn't yet arrived to their premises,  and ''do I want my money back?''.
Makes you guys look bad and puts pressure on the distributors, too.

like c'mon guys...

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #22,684 of 42,765
My Favorite vendor Moon Audio is now taking orders for the USB Adapter Cable pack!!

$ 100 but you knew the rumors of 50 were too good to be true:frowning2:

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #22,687 of 42,765
After spending almost 2 weeks with the Soundaware M1 Pro, I can say for certain that, I do hear a difference between Fiio X3ii and M1 Pro, when used as a Digital-Source/Transport for the Mojo, with the advantage going to M1 Pro. Both X3ii and M1 Pro use Coaxial to output the digital signal to Mojo.

What I am hearing is not a difference in tonality but, rather an improvement in overall perceived technical abilities. Mojo + M1 Pro sounds cleaner, with better note articulation. As a result, there is a better sense of transparency and the micro details are much clearer. There is also a slight improvement in imaging and perceived depth in the soundstage/music. The differences are subtle but noticeable.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #22,688 of 42,765
After spending almost 2 weeks with the Soundaware M1 Pro, I can say for certain that, I do hear a difference between Fiio X3ii and M1 Pro, when used as a Digital-Source/Transport for the Mojo, with the advantage going to M1 Pro. Both X3ii and M1 Pro use Coaxial to output the digital signal to Mojo.

What I am hearing is not a difference in tonality but, rather an improvement in overall perceived technical abilities. Mojo + M1 Pro sounds cleaner, with better note articulation. As a result, there is a better sense of transparency and the micro details are much clearer. There is also a slight improvement in imaging and perceived depth in the soundstage/music. The differences are subtle but noticeable.

Would you buy one yourself after hearing the difference it can make? How is the unit without mojo? I'm gonna be the last  USA reviewer in our group to get it but just curious what your thoughts are?

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #22,689 of 42,765
  My Favorite vendor Moon Audio is now taking orders for the USB Adapter Cable pack!!

$ 100 but you knew the rumors of 50 were too good to be true:frowning2:

I just noticed the same thing at another US dealer.

Why is the US price double the UK?

It's cheaper to buy it from a UK retailer and have it shipped to the US.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #22,691 of 42,765
Since I updated my iPhone 6plus to iOS 10 my Mojo no longer works. Either with the cck or lavricable.

Anyone else have this issue?

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #22,692 of 42,765

X3 and X5 my Mojo was closer to neutral and bass was not as impactful as I would have liked. Cayin N6 and Mojo has a warmer sound and more bass impact. Phone and mojo more neutral, good bass and slightly better over all sound.

Sep 15, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #22,693 of 42,765
  Would you buy one yourself after hearing the difference it can make? How is the unit without mojo? I'm gonna be the last  USA reviewer in our group to get it but just curious what your thoughts are?

If I had the luxury to own multiple expensive devices, I probably might buy a M1 Pro, not only because it can be a great transport for the Mojo, but it scores pretty good as a standalone DAP as well. I have not experienced this level of transparency on the Mojo before. Its only a small improvement over the X3ii. But in this hobby aren't we after that little improvements in every affordable way possible?

When it comes to M1 Pro vs Mojo, Mojo has the upper hand, but not by a considerable margin. Although both Mojo and M1 Pro use FPGA for conversion, both these devices are more different than they are similar. The only similarity between these 2 devices in the sound aspect is that both have a warm and smooth sound. Both seem to have a similar level of warmth but M1 Pro is smoother. Mojo produces weightier notes while the M1 Pro produces lighter and softer notes. M1 Pro has a wider soundstage and a laid-back presentation. While Mojo has a smaller soundstage in comparison and has an intimate presentation.

Mids on the Mojo is forward, while M1 Pro has a bit of a laid-back mids. I'd typically prefer mids to be positioned somewhere in between these 2 positions. Mojo maintains a good depth on many songs, M1 Pro can match the depth when the track calls for it. On aspects like detail retrieval, separation and imaging, both the devices are on par. On every other technical aspects like transparency, resolution, layering, speed, dynamics and ADSR, Mojo has the advantage. Due to these aspects M1 Pro is more forgiving and offers a more relaxed experience, while the Mojo in comparison offers a more engaging experience.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #22,694 of 42,765
Well taking orders is one thing...but having the actual stock on hand to ship is another...that's where things are breaking down.

Yeah. Placed my order for Mojo and accessory pack two weeks ago under the impression that both were in stock. Have been waiting since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back