Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 12, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #21,136 of 42,765
  And the Mojo is back on Massdrop...hopefully these have their serial numbers laser-engraved. 
beerchug.gif

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/chord-mojo-portable-dac-amp

I just saw this. I'd love to know if this time around it's "in agreement/collaboration/endorsed by" Chord.

Because didn't Massdrop try this once before...but Chord claimed it was without their permission (and warranties wouldn't be honored or something)...and the drop was eventually pulled?

I may not have the story straight -- I just want to be sure this one is on the up and up.

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #21,137 of 42,765
Hmm at least, this time they marked out the correct MSRP and not some made up number to make savings look bigger...

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #21,138 of 42,765
Guys there is probably an answer somewhere here, but I couldn't find it. How much of an improvement is in sound quality using external dac (I'm considering mojo) with BA IEM (Westone UM Pro 50/Shure se846) vs running them straight from iPhone? They don't need any external amplification and are very easy to drive. There is tons of info on how good these IEM are and how good mojo is, but is it day and night kind of improvement or just somewhat better? Thanks.

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #21,139 of 42,765
Guys there is probably an answer somewhere here, but I couldn't find it. How much of an improvement is in sound quality using external dac (I'm considering mojo) with BA IEM (Westone UM Pro 50/Shure se846) vs running them straight from iPhone? They don't need any external amplification and are very easy to drive. There is tons of info on how good these IEM are and how good mojo is, but is it day and night kind of improvement or just somewhat better? Thanks.
Yes a lot better.

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #21,140 of 42,765
Chord Mojo docking station with a extra:

I made a docking station for the Mojo with a Raspberry Pi Zero in it, i stream music via wifi from my nas via tablet and
bubble upnp as controller - and of course the Mojo get charged.

Now the Mojo is a dnla renderer. Endless opptions depending on the linux version, use it as a dlna renderer, create a
media server etc. You find all the infos and 3d files here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1716990

have fun :)

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #21,141 of 42,765
  Chord Mojo docking station with a extra:

I made a docking station for the Mojo with a Raspberry Pi Zero in it, i stream music via wifi from my nas via tablet and
bubble upnp as controller - and of course the Mojo get charged.

Now the Mojo is a dnla renderer. Endless opptions depending on the linux version, use it as a dlna renderer, create a
media server etc. You find all the infos and 3d files here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1716990

have fun :)

I don't see this for sale yet, you'll need to get them up before the end of the week. Thanks

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #21,144 of 42,765
Just picked mine up from Custom-cables. Guys this thing is tiny! The picture make it look a lot bigger than it is. More pictures and details later. I also got the Hugo plus the Oppo HA2 so would compare later.

I just saw this. I'd love to know if this time around it's "in agreement/collaboration/endorsed by" Chord.

Because didn't Massdrop try this once before...but Chord claimed it was without their permission (and warranties wouldn't be honored or something)...and the drop was eventually pulled?

I may not have the story straight -- I just want to be sure this one is on the up and up.
thanks for the Heads up ....No I'm afraid it isn't on the up and up we have not given them any distribution rights. We will check this out

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #21,145 of 42,765
Aug 12, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #21,146 of 42,765
If anyone has purchased one of these units with proof. We like to see the bottom of the units for the serial number so we can see where they are coming from.

I just checked the drop details -- it doesn't end for 8 more days, and then they estimate shipping date to be September 12...so it's probably a full month until anyone would get their hands on one and be able to tell you the serial number. If you'd want to find out sooner, it appears you'd have to contact Massdrop.

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #21,147 of 42,765

If anyone has purchased one of these units with proof. We like to see the bottom of the units for the serial number so we can see where they are coming from.

I just checked the drop details -- it doesn't end for 8 more days, and then they estimate shipping date to be September 12...so it's probably a full month until anyone would get their hands on one and be able to tell you the serial number. If you'd want to find out sooner, it appears you'd have to contact Massdrop.

I think the idea is to see which distributors/resellers are supplying Massdrop via backdoor

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #21,148 of 42,765
Chord creepin' for a snitchin'

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #21,149 of 42,765

In the UK it is $515 as new. $460 used. Although, I have also paid painful custom fees for my X00s...

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #21,150 of 42,765

I think the idea is to see which distributors/resellers are supplying Massdrop via backdoor

Yes, I agree. It appears Chord wants one of us to check their Mojo-purchased-via-Massdrop and give them the serial number, so they (Chord) can find out what distributor/reseller supplied to Massdrop.

I was just pointing out that none of us could conceivably have one in hand to even give that serial number for another month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back