Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 12, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #19,831 of 42,765
I started a project to try and build a part to hold both my Fiio X3ii and Mojo, in a side by side fashion, as I am not a fan of stacking. The final part I was trying to design, would hold both the devices in tact and, the entire unit could be handled as a single device like a tablet or a portable gaming console. 

This is my project: https://www.you3dit.com/projects/base-plate-for-chord-mojo-and-fiio-x3ii

Here is the schematic:

I couldn't see through the end of the project because, the Fabrication/Laser Cutting process is pretty expensive. I even got the 3D model designed. I can't upload the .STL file as the site doesn't allow/support it. PM me if you are interested in this and need the .STL file. The part could work with a X5ii too.

Since I couldn't get that done, I put together something similar out of lego blocks. I will be shortening the cable by an inch or 2, so that it does not form an arch.

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #19,833 of 42,765
64-Audio now has Chord Mojo for sale on their website. Mojo is going places...

Given Chord's pedigree vs 64 Audio's I'd say 64 Audio is going places. Both are fine companies, but Chord is thought of as the higher end first. Nice to see a 'church group singer' IEM company being able to offer more variety, and of course the ADEL tech is supposed to be incredible for our hearing safety. Seems like a great match. I'd love to hear some 64 Audio offerings as I've been following them for quite a while.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #19,834 of 42,765
Lavricables (best bet)

L19 (relibility?)

No Name (good reports in this thread)
I can't attest for the L19, because I've never owned that cable.

Lavricables however I cannot recommend either. I'm unsure if the design works better with Hugo than Mojo, but with my iPhone 5s I've had numerous problems getting the phone and mojo to recognize one another. If you can get it to work after fiddling with it enough it works great and doesn't drop the connection. The problem is just getting there.

He is a friendly seller who is willing to comply with accommodate your needs, that being said I'm on my third cable from him and I have the same problems as the first, it works at random. I've tried experimenting to find rhyme or reason for this over the course of a month with three of the same cables and I could not.

I've issued a return of the 2 Lavricable cables I still have on hand and am awaiting the Penon audio cable. I really hope the reviews about it hold true after the experiences with this and the apple CCK. Christ.

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #19,835 of 42,765

I'm going from memory, but the X20u was something I really didn't care for at all.

The X20u came across as "hyper-detailed", which was quite artificial and didn't render as much actual detail as either Mojo or Bifrost.  Tonally the Mojo is purer, though it has a slightly richer bottom end and not quite such scintillating highs, but again that effect didn't seem real on the X20u (it wasn't present on other high-end DACs with the same music).  It also images better, has a more realistic portrayal of timbre, projects voices in a very lifelike manner and was musically involving in a way that the X20u simply wasn't.

The Gustard got tiring to listen to very quickly with female vocals, failed to engage me with some of my favorite tracks, and just left me cold in general.

One thing I do remember when I first heard the X20u was thinking "Now I see why every time I read about this thing, it's from an owner that's just bought it and is already modifying it".

That Mojo is cheaper, smaller, more flexible, portable if you need it and sounds better, for me, across the board makes it hard for me to think well of the X20u.

But the only way you'll know if it's for you is to audition it.  Lots of people love it.  I'm just not one of them.

Thank you for your input. This is good stuff and very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #19,836 of 42,765
I can't attest for the L19, because I've never owned that cable.

Lavricables however I cannot recommend either. I'm unsure if the design works better with Hugo than Mojo, but with my iPhone 5s I've had numerous problems getting the phone and mojo to recognize one another. If you can get it to work after fiddling with it enough it works great and doesn't drop the connection. The problem is just getting there.

He is a friendly seller who is willing to comply with accommodate your needs, that being said I'm on my third cable from him and I have the same problems as the first, it works at random. I've tried experimenting to find rhyme or reason for this over the course of a month with three of the same cables and I could not.

I've issued a return of the 2 Lavricable cables I still have on hand and am awaiting the Penon audio cable. I really hope the reviews about it hold true after the experiences with this and the apple CCK. Christ.

+1 for the Penon cable. It simply works, sounds good, and is constructed very nicely. Imagining (hoping) that it will last a long time. I'm not particularly hard on my gear though. Expensive, but for the convenience, totally worth it.

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #19,837 of 42,765
Going to pick up my mojo today at the post office :) im looking forward to try it.Im no audiophile expert,and dont have golden ears.Just an normal person who like good sound :D Over the years i have tried some hifi products that are praised in the press,and that should make different in the sound.But many times i have not heard any differences in the sound.Like hd sound.Have downloaded some music from hdtra cks.But have hard time hearing differences from tidal hifi.So im exiting to hear what the mojo can do,or if it just another products thats not really make any differences :)

Jul 12, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #19,838 of 42,765
Going to pick up my mojo today at the post office
smily_headphones1.gif
im looking forward to try it.Im no audiophile expert,and dont have golden ears.Just an normal person who like good sound
biggrin.gif
Over the years i have tried some hifi products that are praised in the press,and that should make different in the sound.But many times i have not heard any differences in the sound.Like hd sound.Have downloaded some music from hdtra cks.But have hard time hearing differences from tidal hifi.So im exiting to hear what the mojo can do,or if it just another products thats not really make any differences
smily_headphones1.gif

Today is your last few hours BM (Before Mojo), but a whole new music experience awaits.

When i was researching the mojo, one of my criteria was that it must be able to handle HD music, because that was the only way to experience really good music.

what did I discover? That Mojo reveals so much previously hidden detail in rips of standard CDs, that I no longer cast my eyes in the direction of HD music. My advice is to relisten to all your old CDs, and you will learn to love the music again. Also follow some of the links on  http://www.head-fi.org/t/802832/mojos-greatest-hits , plus search out forums like Steve Hoffmanns, where mastering quality is discussed. There are plenty of enthusiasts, who post about whether reissues of old classic albums are produced from the original master tapes, or from a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of the original master tapes - there are a lot of good CDs available for not much money, but I want to target the best mastered versions, and not waste money on copies of copies of copies......

but the big test will be whether you can contain your joy long enough, to not post immediately tonight how much you enjoy the Mojo. it is a stern test, and not many people can restrain themselves for long. 
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #19,839 of 42,765
Going to pick up my mojo today at the post office
smily_headphones1.gif
im looking forward to try it.Im no audiophile expert,and dont have golden ears.Just an normal person who like good sound
biggrin.gif
Over the years i have tried some hifi products that are praised in the press,and that should make different in the sound.But many times i have not heard any differences in the sound.Like hd sound.Have downloaded some music from hdtra cks.But have hard time hearing differences from tidal hifi.So im exiting to hear what the mojo can do,or if it just another products thats not really make any differences
smily_headphones1.gif

Go bitperfect. It makes all the difference.

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #19,841 of 42,765
Thanks for the answer.Cant wait to picjup the mojo today.Are a little tired today,so havent got out of the sofa yet.Lol :p   Need some coffe first :) How long must i charge the battery before i can use it for the first time?   And,this is probably a stupid question.But it looks like mojo has lipo battery.In the rc car world,lipo batterys are very dangerous ( regards to fire).Do you/or others know how the lipo battery on the mojo is? :)

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #19,842 of 42,765
Charge it until the tiny white light under the charging port goes off. Could be up to 10 hours but probably will be closer to 4 only. I'm pretty sure the battery is safe. My Mojo has never burst into flame and I haven't heard of any doing so. Enjoy!

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #19,843 of 42,765
  Thanks for the answer.Cant wait to picjup the mojo today.Are a little tired today,so havent got out of the sofa yet.Lol :p   Need some coffe first :) How long must i charge the battery before i can use it for the first time?   And,this is probably a stupid question.But it looks like mojo has lipo battery.In the rc car world,lipo batterys are very dangerous ( regards to fire).Do you/or others know how the lipo battery on the mojo is? :)

The battery has 3 thermal cutout switches, to prevent overheating - and it is designed to work up to 150C. i have not seen any reports of the batteries catching fire.

From the third post:

Please note: Instructions advise charging a brand-new Mojo for 10 hours before using, but actually, it is only necessary to charge until the tiny white charging LED goes out. With most brand-new Mojos, this will be around half that. Just trust what the charging LED tells you.

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #19,844 of 42,765
  I started a project to try and build a part to hold both my Fiio X3ii and Mojo, in a side by side fashion, as I am not a fan of stacking. The final part I was trying to design, would hold both the devices in tact and, the entire unit could be handled as a single device like a tablet or a portable gaming console. 

This is my project: https://www.you3dit.com/projects/base-plate-for-chord-mojo-and-fiio-x3ii

Here is the schematic:

I couldn't see through the end of the project because, the Fabrication/Laser Cutting process is pretty expensive. I even got the 3D model designed. I can't upload the .STL file as the site doesn't allow/support it. PM me if you are interested in this and need the .STL file. The part could work with a X5ii too.

Since I couldn't get that done, I put together something similar out of lego blocks. I will be shortening the cable by an inch or 2, so that it does not form an arch.

You have the solid model prepared. Why don't you consider getting a case 3D printed? There are supposed to be many 3D printing shops, for DIY fans.

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #19,845 of 42,765

You have the solid model prepared. Why don't you consider getting a case 3D printed? There are supposed to be many 3D printing shops, for DIY fans.

I was told that the flat plate will warp in the 3-D printer. Not sure what that means exactly, but it sounds like it wouldn't end up being like how I want it. So a senior member has recommended laser-cut acrylic or wood. I am yet to receive a quote on that. But based on what I have gathered, it is not going to be cheap either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back