Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 11, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #19,803 of 42,773
Jul 11, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #19,804 of 42,773
Out of curiosity, do the Android based AK players output bit-perfect through optical? I am asking because, I've read that the Android OS up-samples the data. Or does the up-sampling take place only if the digital output is through USB?

Thanks!

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #19,805 of 42,773
  One last thing before I purchase MOJO: does it work with MOOV (both iOS and Android)? 

Sorry. Unable to test it for iOS with my iPhone as the app seems to be available only for the HongKong region.

Quote:
what is moov?

Based on a quick read, it is a library of therapeutical music. https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/moov/id436310157?mt=8

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #19,806 of 42,773
You mean apart from the Tidal app?
ye. If I use the Tidal app then the mojo still upsamples the music to android or use my phones DAC etc however it works. It gives me a blue colour globe. If i use UAPP it gives me a red globe. Does onkyo, N7 etc also give me access to Tidal where it doesn't upsample the music?

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #19,807 of 42,773
Out of curiosity, do the Android based AK players output bit-perfect through optical? I am asking because, I've read that the Android OS up-samples the data. Or does the up-sampling take place only if the digital output is through USB?

Thanks!

The AK players I have output bit perfect over optical, but convert DSD to 176.4 PCM (if that actually matters to you).

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #19,808 of 42,773
Most would find the extender accessory unnecessary if using an aftermarket cable like the one offered by Lavricables. The extender accessory, however, is also supposed to come with a USB OTG cable and it may make stacking better (ergonomically) for some. I really can't say if it will work with other aftermarket cables or not as I haven't tried one. Looking at it, it seems that it wouldn't work to me given the extra length it adds, but I really don't know.

Btw, the add on looks much better now from the prototype as seen in EagleWings link:

What is that for extender?
Never seen before, where did you get it?
Come with extra battery?

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #19,809 of 42,773
ye. If I use the Tidal app then the mojo still upsamples the music to android or use my phones DAC etc however it works. It gives me a blue colour globe. If i use UAPP it gives me a red globe. Does onkyo, N7 etc also give me access to Tidal where it doesn't upsample the music?

The sampling rate ball on the Mojo only indicates what sampling rate it is receiving, not what it is up sampling to. The Mojo, with the WTA filter Rob has spent so long working on, has much more processing power and up sampling capability than any mobile device, which is why Rob says you should not up sample from the source. There is a lot of information in the third post regarding this.

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #19,811 of 42,773
What is that for extender?
Never seen before, where did you get it?
Come with extra battery?

It's an add on accessory to 'swallow' the official Apple CCK required to extract an audio signal from Apple IOS devices. There is no extra battery and has no other function. There is more information in the 4th post of this thread in the 'Forthcoming add-on module' section.

I don't have this, I was linking pictures to a link provided by member EagleWings.

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #19,812 of 42,773
It's an add on accessory to 'swallow' the official Apple CCK required to extract an audio signal from Apple IOS devices. There is no extra battery and has no other function. There is more information in the 4th post of this thread in the 'Forthcoming add-on module' section.

I don't have this, I was linking pictures to a link provided by member EagleWings.

Thanks for the clarification

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #19,813 of 42,773
Jul 11, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #19,814 of 42,773
The sampling rate ball on the Mojo only indicates what sampling rate it is receiving, not what it is up sampling to. The Mojo, with the WTA filter Rob has spent so long working on, has much more processing power and up sampling capability than any mobile device, which is why Rob says you should not up sample from the source. There is a lot of information in the third post regarding this.
so if I used mojo direct through the Tidal app out of my phone, the SQ will still be great regardless?

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #19,815 of 42,773
so if I used mojo direct through the Tidal app out of my phone, the SQ will still be great regardless?

Sure, why not. I see it as this... If you want the ULTIMATE SQ that the Mojo has to offer then sending a bit perfect signal will be the best choice. If you can't do that then the Mojo won't completely disintegrate and output crap audio. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back