Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 26, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #8,746 of 10,828
Optical will support 24-bit/192kHz which is the highest resolution Apple Music and other streaming services go up to. If you’re schlepping the Mojo out with an iPhone, the apple Camera adapter with a usb a to c cable will work well. If you want to cut down on bulk, a lightning to usb C cable does this but many of them produce random blasts of white noise. I made videos about this on my channel. The DD Hifi 07S works without producing those noise blasts.

Chibs
Many, many thanks! I feel like such a newbie having gone down the "evil BT" route for recent years! :smile_phones: Note I started out with Pioneer integrated amp. AR speakers, and of course vinyl in the 1970's. I miss that sound!

Aug 26, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #8,747 of 10,828
Many, many thanks! I feel like such a newbie having gone down the "evil BT" route for recent years! :smile_phones: Note I started out with Pioneer integrated amp. AR speakers, and of course vinyl in the 1970's. I miss that sound!
Welcome back to the wired world!

Wow, take me back, waaaaay back!! That was my exact same setup in the 70s.

Aug 27, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #8,751 of 10,828
Hi,

Are there any knows issues with Mac Mini M2 and Chord Mojo 2? I would use it with Audiorvana Studio and would connect it over USB-C.

Here I have been using the macbook air m2 daily for more than 6 months with mojo 2 via usb C without any episode of white noise or any other kind of noise or failure (approximately 4 hours of listening per day).

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #8,752 of 10,828
Anxiously killing time waiting for my Mojo 2 to arrive. Dug into my huge cache of Apple dongles and found the lightening to 3.5 headphone jack adapter. Just for fun I did a direct connect to my Apple 13 Max Pro and played the Tidal-AudioQuest Master Quality playlist. Surprisingly not totally bad in a pinch, but sounding a little muddy. Certainly not up to the sound of my Schiit Asgard 3 set-up hooked up to my M1 MacMini.

I will be very tempted to just not use the Mojo 2 in portable mode with my iPhone and iPad. I think it would be fun to be a comparison of the Mojo 2 with the Asgard 3. Anyone out there already accomplish this equipment comparison?

Had I not given away my AudioQuest Red Dragonfly to my son-in-law I would have tried that also.

Well I have the house windows cracked for delivery truck sounds, and the Ring doorbell on full alert waiting for the Mojo 2 to arrive!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #8,753 of 10,828
waiting for the Mojo 2 to arrive!
All i can say is..

Get ready for the Ride!!
kitty-headphones.gif

Aug 27, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #8,758 of 10,828
Aug 28, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #8,760 of 10,828
I was also wondering if it stops blinking when it is fully charged?

I think once it's all charged up, that light will stop blinking. Just got a Mojo 2 as well a few days ago, and am digging it so far. It's a bit of a challenge to put what I'm hearing into words, but compared to the Topping DX1 it's like the Mojo 2 is more delicate, and softer, without compromising resolution at all. Mojo 2 is a smidge more spacious, and it's like I can better detect texture where there is air, or in the space in-between instruments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back