Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 14, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #8,716 of 11,001
Please what battery life are folk finding with their Mojo 2?

In the past I found Chord's quoted battery life as accurate, with Mojo and Hugo2. Mojo was eight hours fifteen minutes when new. Hugo 2 was eight hours ten minutes.

Mojo 2 quoted as up to eight hours by Chord - is this just as accurate?
Just that with the tap filter in the Mojo 2 compared to Mojo doubling. I wondered if battery life is the same.

I think battery life is affected by bit rate and volume. I am thinking 44.1 16bit CD quality. Volume being approximately about where the volume light comes on to say in the next cycle of colours.
I would say mine running about 9.5 hrs.
Volume color about mid red color.

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #8,717 of 11,001
@Pulcino can i also add the he1000se to those suggestions, if it fits your budget.

a bit easier to drive than the utopias. Both have great resolution and detail.

for me the he1000se are a wider sound with obvious precision and control in its instrumental placement of what you hear.

the utopias are a bit fuller in sound and the he1000se sound a bit thinner in comparison and have a tight bass.

the he1000se can be found as a tad bright up top and the utopias can sometimes be a bit aggressive in sound with respect to brightness with some gear - but i have not found that with the mojo 2.

of course the mojo2 has the eq available too.

the he1000se have been on special
at $2k USD which is a great price if they suit one’s preferences.

there is also the he1000 stealth for $1400 USD but i have not heard them. Commentary has them as quite similar to a fair degree.

Context: i have owned the utopia and he100se at the same time but sold the he1000se (to buy the susvaras) before i bought the mojo2

ps: imho i doubt think the mojo2 has enough power to do justice to the utopias and to justify their price.
The he1000se i thought were great even out of my ipad so they and the he1000 stealth should have no issues.

i once demoed the dan clark aeon 2 out of a portable amp buy can not remember which. And that extra bit of power was fine so i would guess mojo 2 should work well with them too.
Thank you for making me aware of the great discount for the HE1000SE. After reading a lot of reviews I know I will love them.

Aug 17, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #8,718 of 11,001
I have never ordered a Chord product, often thought to, but decided to buy the Mojo 2. I should be receiving sometime tomorrow.

What devices can I connect to ? Other than my ( old ) laptop & iPad, what other devices can I connect to, basically anything I guess ??

Aug 17, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #8,719 of 11,001
I have never ordered a Chord product, often thought to, but decided to buy the Mojo 2. I should be receiving sometime tomorrow.

What devices can I connect to ? Other than my ( old ) laptop & iPad, what other devices can I connect to, basically anything I guess ??
Definitely your computer. I haven't tried it with my iPhone but if it connects to your iPad I don't see why it wouldn't connect with an iPhone.

What other devices are you looking to connect it to?

Aug 17, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #8,720 of 11,001

Congratulations!
Regarding devices, the sky is the limit. Depends on what you own, but mobile, CD/DVD/BLU-RAY players. TV, PlayStation /Xbox, PC, DAB radio, Poly or another streamer. Basically anything that outputs digital audio via any of Mojo2 's inputs will sound superb

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #8,721 of 11,001
Definitely your computer. I haven't tried it with my iPhone but if it connects to your iPad I don't see why it wouldn't connect with an iPhone.

What other devices are you looking to connect it to?

Thanks for your reply. I will have to try the music files on my laptop & my iPad. ( I have an iPhone. )

Other audio equipment ( Not everything. )

Sony TAZZY TA - model number, suddenly escapes me - headphone amp.

Sony HAP-S1 player.

Shanling M30 player.

Even a Sony DMP-Z1 player,

Various Walkmans.

I’m a bit ignorant & not sure the best use of usage & pairing compatibility ??

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #8,722 of 11,001
Congratulations!
Regarding devices, the sky is the limit. Depends on what you own, but mobile, CD/DVD/BLU-RAY players. TV, PlayStation /Xbox, PC, DAB radio, Poly or another streamer. Basically anything that outputs digital audio via any of Mojo2 's inputs will sound superb

Thanks for that info / feedback. I’ve never been very well up on connectivity & what sort of cables, needed e.t.c. ( Beyond a HDMI cable, i don’t really buy much, regards cables & connect to other devices, e.t.c. )

I’ll have to post what I have & what cables I need, regards items you have mentioned.

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #8,723 of 11,001
Thanks for your reply. I will have to try the music files on my laptop & my iPad. ( I have an iPhone. )

Other audio equipment ( Not everything. )

Sony TAZZY TA - model number, suddenly escapes me - headphone amp.

Sony HAP-S1 player.

Shanling M30 player.

Even a Sony DMP-Z1 player,

Various Walkmans.

I’m a bit ignorant & not sure the best use of usage & pairing compatibility ??
Why connect Sony DMP-Z1 TO mojo2?
That's a waste.
Z1 sounds much better than mojo2.

Either your phone or cheap DAP like Hiby RS3 Pro or Saber. I have this combination using Shanglin cheap 19 usd Coax to usbC cable.
Or A&K SR35 DAP usbC to micro OTG or usbC OTG. SR35 used as digital transport to mojo2 sounds better than Hiby RS3 Pro.
Above is for mainly convenient in your pant, jean, or short.....

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #8,724 of 11,001
Why connect Sony DMP-Z1 TO mojo2?
That's a waste.
Z1 sounds much better than mojo2.

Either your phone or cheap DAP like Hiby RS3 Pro or Saber. I have this combination using Shanglin cheap 19 usd Coax to usbC cable.
Or A&K SR35 DAP usbC to micro OTG or usbC OTG. SR35 used as digital transport to mojo2 sounds better than Hiby RS3 Pro.
Above is for mainly convenient in your pant, jean, or short.....

Re - DMP-Z1. I know. I just listed it. ( It’s the best audio device I’ve ever heard. )

I’ll see how I get on tomorrow & have various DAP’s to try, besides my laptop & iPad.

Aug 18, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #8,725 of 11,001
I received my Mojo 2 more than an hour ago & plugged into my laptop with the supplied USB cable. It lit up with one light ( The menu button ) I hadn’t switched it on, not knowing if this was charging ??

There’s nothing on my laptop, to indicate connected & charging ?? I’ve switched the unit on, still connected with the supplied USB cable to my laptop. The menu light has not changed colour - should it ?? I’ve read it should take 3 & a half hours to fully charge. Will / is my laptop charging it, or do I need to buy a separate charger ??

Presently, I have decided to connect my iPad, while still connected to my laptop with the supplied USB cable. See photo attached. Should I be doing this, not knowing if it has been charging at all ??

I struggle with cognitive function, ( suffering from M.E. ) so I struggle to grasp / be clear in understanding.

What I’m listening to on my iPad, Apple Music, sounds very good. I just want to know if I’m presently doing the right or wrong thing & needing to ascertain about if it is charging ??

Thanks for any help.

( Just another thought. Do I have to download any drivers for my laptop ? )

Attachments

• IMG_1499.jpeg
    IMG_1499.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #8,726 of 11,001
I received my Mojo 2 more than an hour ago & plugged into my laptop with the supplied USB cable. It lit up with one light ( The menu button ) I hadn’t switched it on, not knowing if this was charging ??

There’s nothing on my laptop, to indicate connected & charging ?? I’ve switched the unit on, still connected with the supplied USB cable to my laptop. The menu light has not changed colour - should it ?? I’ve read it should take 3 & a half hours to fully charge. Will / is my laptop charging it, or do I need to buy a separate charger ??

Presently, I have decided to connect my iPad, while still connected to my laptop with the supplied USB cable. See photo attached. Should I be doing this, not knowing if it has been charging at all ??

I struggle with cognitive function, ( suffering from M.E. ) so I struggle to grasp / be clear in understanding.

What I’m listening to on my iPad, Apple Music, sounds very good. I just want to know if I’m presently doing the right or wrong thing & needing to ascertain about if it is charging ??

Thanks for any help.

When the mojo is connected, the only light that shows up indicates charging speed. White is the strongest and will turn the desktop mode on the quickest, changing the color to purple. When the Mojo2 is turned on, the charging speed is indicated underneath the charging port (the only light on that side), with the same color codes.

Aug 18, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #8,727 of 11,001

Thanks for any help.

The black cable you have connected to your laptop is connected to the charging port of the Mojo2, which is why only the one light (which indicates charging status) lit up on the Mojo at first. The white cable you have connected to your iPad is the one that’s delivering music to the Mojo. You can disconnect the Mojo from your laptop and run it off the battery.

Aug 18, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #8,728 of 11,001
When the mojo is connected, the only light that shows up indicates charging speed. White is the strongest and will turn the desktop mode on the quickest, changing the color to purple. When the Mojo2 is turned on, the charging speed is indicated underneath the charging port (the only light on that side), with the same color codes.

The black cable you have connected to your laptop is connected to the charging port of the Mojo2, which is why only the one light (which indicates charging status) lit up on the Mojo at first. The white cable you have connected to your iPad is the one that’s delivering music to the Mojo. You can disconnect the Mojo from your laptop and run it off the battery.

Thanks guys, for your replies.

What i simply wanted to know, is this ( the one white light - under menu symbol ) charging, purely with the USB cable & if so, should it change colour, during the process of charging - to what I believe should be blue, when fulled charged.

The Chord website suggests having to use a separate power supply, along with the supplied USB cable supplied ?? That’s the way I’ve understood it, but as I said I suffer with cognitive impairment.

I’ve actually looked for a power supply, that I can’t find, but in the process, i thought of my mobile charger, which has a micro usb connection & I’ve plugged that in & the one white light, is now glowing yellow. Should I unplug, because I don’t know if this will damage the unit ??

Do I just need to plug it back into my laptop & just leave it, if it is charging, that way ??

I’ve now plugged back into the laptop & realised that below the micro usb connection, that there is a flashing blue light. Am I to assume that if this goes to constant blue light, that it is then fully charged ?? I was assuming the menu light as to go blue ?? Very confusing with all this glowing lights !

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #8,729 of 11,001
Thanks guys, for your replies.

What i simply wanted to know, is this ( the one white light - under menu symbol ) charging, purely with the USB cable & if so, should it change colour, during the process of charging - to what I believe should be blue, when fulled charged.

The Chord website suggests having to use a separate power supply, along with the supplied USB cable supplied ?? That’s the way I’ve understood it, but as I said I suffer with cognitive impairment.

I’ve actually looked for a power supply, that I can’t find, but in the process, i thought of my mobile charger, which has a micro usb connection & I’ve plugged that in & the one white light, is now glowing yellow. Should I unplug, because I don’t know if this will damage the unit ??

Do I just need to plug it back into my laptop & just leave it, if it is charging, that way ??

I’ve now plugged back into the laptop & realised that below the micro usb connection, that there is a flashing blue light. Am I to assume that if this goes to constant blue light, that it is then fully charged ?? I was assuming the menu light as to go blue ?? Very confusing with all this glowing lights !
The light under menu button indicates charge speed only which usually doesn't change so the light won't change colour. Battery status can be checked underneath charging port like you mentioned. Unit won't get damaged when used with slower chargers.

To sum it up:
1. Plug charging cable into charging port, if the light on the upper side is white and you're good to go. Laptop won't offer enough current for maximum charging speed so a wall charger is necessary. I would let the device handle the rest and don't worry much about battery and charging :)
2. Plug the data cable into micro usb/C port and voila

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #8,730 of 11,001
The light under menu button indicates charge speed only which usually doesn't change so the light won't change colour. Battery status can be checked underneath charging port like you mentioned. Unit won't get damaged when used with slower chargers.

To sum it up:
1. Plug charging cable into charging port, if the light on the upper side is white and you're good to go. Laptop won't offer enough current for maximum charging speed so a wall charger is necessary. I would let the device handle the rest and don't worry much about battery and charging :)
2. Plug the data cable into micro usb/C port and voila

Thanks……just to say, i left it plugged into my laptop, not using it & it’s changed to purple now. I assume it’s now fully charged ?

Just reading on Chord website, that that is intelligent desktop mode. ( It’s doing my head in, it’s gone back to white again now, after unplugging & plugging back in. )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back