Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 28, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #8,776 of 11,001
You should set up an export business on the side. Mojo 2 $775 USD. That's roughly £615. I'm sure Chord wouldn't be happy though.

I agree it's an easy sell for what you pay in the UK. For the US market, that's a harder sell. I love mine, but at that price point, you can get several other nice DACs.
Totally agree, at £600+, you start bringing other very competent gear into contention. Especially if you're ok with used off of eBay / head-fi.
But for under £400 new... deal of the year in my view.

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #8,777 of 11,001
I have. It changes tonality and warmth, but not “weight“.
Touchy subject, but the only thing other than amps that I've experienced contribute to note weight are cables.

It's a little more complex than buying a more expensive cable though, it has to be intentional. High wire count (8-wire) pure copper cables I've found help with a sense of physicality, especially in the bass and lower midrange.

I purchased a Monarch MK2 recently and found the mid-bass had very soft transients and lacked physicality/punch. I purchased a Code 23 not too long ago which I paired with the MMK2. There was a noticeable emphasis on the bass weight and more body in the lower mids.

As mentioned earlier, amps definitely help as well, but I'm sure that too depends on which one you buy.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #8,778 of 11,001
I did not hear any different when replacing the 6xx with Grado rs1 which had strong character. I guess the 6xx is more revealing. I will use the mojo2 with dim buttons for more time and see what happen. I have been using the default brightness from day 1.
After using the dim brightness for 2 weeks, there is no SQ difference with different brightness now.

Aug 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #8,779 of 11,001
For your information guys the sale of £100 off the Mojo 2 and £100 off the Poly finishes this Thursday sadly only for people in the UK
Mojo2 aand Poly usually retail in Australia for $999 AUD each. Recently they have been selling/listed at $799 each, i beleive by all/most retailers. That offer is about to wrap up i believe. Same thing happened late last year.

Aug 28, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #8,780 of 11,001
I think once it's all charged up, that light will stop blinking. Just got a Mojo 2 as well a few days ago, and am digging it so far. It's a bit of a challenge to put what I'm hearing into words, but compared to the Topping DX1 it's like the Mojo 2 is more delicate, and softer, without compromising resolution at all. Mojo 2 is a smidge more spacious, and it's like I can better detect texture where there is air, or in the space in-between instruments.
I've got it working with my M1 MacMini via USB-C to USB-C cable. Same with the iPad Pro 12.9" M1! The iPhone 13 Pro Max is another issue as not working with a cable only connection (no dongle) I finally reached out to Moon Audio and they have said the iPhone connection requires an Apple Dongle.

I did finally find an Apple Dongle that I already own and it works, but the USB-A to micro is some old non-brand cable I also had laying around. I think I could do better with the cable. But the sound is decent with my Sennheiser HD-650 with Moon Dragon cable. I was less impressed with my B&W P9's sound. A little muddy. I don't think the P9's need a lot of power/boost. Maybe I am expecting too much?

B&W did warn me that cabling my Px8 to the Chord Mojo 2 could damage them. I wonder if they mean using the higher power mode could do this?

I am also trying the Grado Hemp, and it sounds pretty decent, though I like the sound better with my iPad and a USB-C to USB-C cable.

Sorry to go on and on. I'll give every aspect of use more consideration, and try not to bore you all!

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #8,781 of 11,001
Does plugging in 2 sets of headphones decrease the volume going into each of them? I'm having 1 output into an external amp (xDuoo TA-20) which is turned off while I use the other output to my Sony IER-Z1R. It doesn't sound like the volume is decreased while I use the IEM, but I just wanted to make sure.

Aug 29, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #8,782 of 11,001
Does plugging in 2 sets of headphones decrease the volume going into each of them? I'm having 1 output into an external amp (xDuoo TA-20) which is turned off while I use the other output to my Sony IER-Z1R. It doesn't sound like the volume is decreased while I use the IEM, but I just wanted to make sure.
My concern would be for the IEM when you turn the volume up to supply line in to the amp. It is likely to be very loud for the IEM possibly even damaging the IEM.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #8,783 of 11,001
Do any of you use the mojo 2 with amazon music (high res CD bit rate) off an android? How are you doing it with the best quality?

I'm looking at the mojo2 as a sort of 2 in one deal, suitable both for mobile and desktop use. I can test the unit initially by plugging it into my pc, but it might be a while before I can try the same with mobile, which is currently running compressed 990 LDAC with Quedelix 5k Bluetooth.

What's the max impedance the mojo2 will drive well when plugged in? I don't currently own any "proper" headphones, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

How is the poly exactly meant to be used? Is there some sort of phone app that controls the poly and allows you to browse the sd card? I am a little confused.

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #8,785 of 11,001
Well enjoying the Chord Mojo 2 thanks to everyone's help on this thread! I still have to master the "pat your head and rub your tummy" multicolored marble ball system. :smile_phones: The Grado Hemp sounds great with the Mojo 2 IMHO. But now I think I need to look for some closed headphones that would leak little or no sound for trips. Otherwise my spouse my strangle me with the headphone cord! Anyone have suggestions on closed headphones, or should I be posting on the headphone thread?

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #8,786 of 11,001
Well enjoying the Chord Mojo 2 thanks to everyone's help on this thread! I still have to master the "pat your head and rub your tummy" multicolored marble ball system. :smile_phones: The Grado Hemp sounds great with the Mojo 2 IMHO. But now I think I need to look for some closed headphones that would leak little or no sound for trips. Otherwise my spouse my strangle me with the headphone cord! Anyone have suggestions on closed headphones, or should I be posting on the headphone thread?

I'm going to gove the 325x a whirl

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #8,788 of 11,001
Let us know what you think. It was a hard decision for me between the Hemp and the 325x, though I never got to actually compare the two. I think the "Hemp" thing's novelty probably unduly got to me.
I've ordered various pads for a rolling sesh, ive got AC Noire , HD6xx and just sold several Hifiman so I'm ready for the Grado sound

I think

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #8,789 of 11,001
Enjoy your Mojo 2 👍.

Closed headphone suggestion.
Astell & Kern T5p 2nd generation.
These are built like a tank come with a nice cable and their only problem is a little bass heavy.
Easily taken care of by the Mojo 2 EQ.
Can be found around £350 on eBay sometimes.
Not bad for a limited edition of 1000 and a retail price of £1200.

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #8,790 of 11,001
Update regarding my headphone quest for the Chord Mojo 2. I just ordered the Aeon 2 Noire Closed. Assuming I like the sound, the size, weight, and ability to fold up seemed to make sense for a portable system with my iPhone and/or iPad. The closed system also beckoned me as I'm sure I will not always be in a totally quiet place...though I don't expect ANC like quiet from the Aeon 2 Noire (closed) in a public space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back