Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 28, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #8,761 of 11,001
Did it say anything about blinking blue? I missed that.

Mojo.jpg

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #8,762 of 11,001
Aug 28, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #8,764 of 11,001
Loving my MOJO2 on the go with IEMs. For over ear use at home I feel like I’m missing “weight” in the music (relative to my prior setup which was DX320 with a modded AMP13 and AMP14 card). I can’t explain it any other way other than it’s not as thick or lush.

Would an external amp bring me closer to getting sound that has that weight and punch? Something like a Cayin C9? Although very nice, I don’t like desk setups as I listen in various rooms and don’t like being bound to a “station”.

Curious to hear what results folks have achieved with running an amp with the MOJO. Thanks!

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #8,765 of 11,001
Loving my MOJO2 on the go with IEMs. For over ear use at home I feel like I’m missing “weight” in the music (relative to my prior setup which was DX320 with a modded AMP13 and AMP14 card). I can’t explain it any other way other than it’s not as thick or lush.

Would an external amp bring me closer to getting sound that has that weight and punch? Something like a Cayin C9? Although very nice, I don’t like desk setups as I listen in various rooms and don’t like being bound to a “station”.

Curious to hear what results folks have achieved with running an amp with the MOJO. Thanks!
I use a Mojo 2 + Mass-Kobo 475 amp stack.

My experience was that the amp added thickness and dynamics to the music. The 475 is known to add dynamics and bass physicality and that’s in line with my experience.

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #8,766 of 11,001

Have you tried EQ?

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #8,767 of 11,001

Like you I often use, and love, the Mojo2 on the go with IEMs.
But for home listening on headphones, I usually pair it with an amp - some headphones are a little harder to drive and will benefit from amping, and in general I feel it just gives headroom for the music to really come alive.
I sometimes pair it at home with a Vorzuge amp, for IEM listening. I don't think this makes a huge difference however, but the Vorzuge was cheap and can be fun to listen to.

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #8,769 of 11,001
Has anyone here used Jplay with your poly/mojo? It works great for local wifi but I am having trouble getting it work in iphone or poly hotspot modes.

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #8,770 of 11,001
By the way seems like Mojo2 is on very long "sale" in the UK at £395 from most retailers, for several weeks now - just amazing value for money in my opinion, simply can't be beat for that price.
I paid £450 for mine new and would still consider that a great price for what you get.

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #8,771 of 11,001
By the way seems like Mojo2 is on very long "sale" in the UK at £395 from most retailers, for several weeks now - just amazing value for money in my opinion, simply can't be beat for that price.
I paid £450 for mine new and would still consider that a great price for what you get.
For your information guys the sale of £100 off the Mojo 2 and £100 off the Poly finishes this Thursday sadly only for people in the UK

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #8,772 of 11,001
Like you I often use, and love, the Mojo2 on the go with IEMs.
But for home listening on headphones, I usually pair it with an amp - some headphones are a little harder to drive and will benefit from amping, and in general I feel it just gives headroom for the music to really come alive.
I sometimes pair it at home with a Vorzuge amp, for IEM listening. I don't think this makes a huge difference however, but the Vorzuge was cheap and can be fun to listen to.
Don’t know if your aware but you just broke a unwritten rule of Head-Fi.

Never mention the word Vorzuge.😂

Outstanding little amp that like you said can sometimes be picked up cheap.

Don’t mention that word again as we don’t want it too spread and the price will go up 👍

Enjoy it.

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #8,773 of 11,001
You should set up an export business on the side. Mojo 2 $775 USD. That's roughly £615. I'm sure Chord wouldn't be happy though.

I agree it's an easy sell for what you pay in the UK. For the US market, that's a harder sell. I love mine, but at that price point, you can get several other nice DACs.

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #8,774 of 11,001
Don’t know if your aware but you just broke a unwritten rule of Head-Fi.

Never mention the word Vorzuge.😂

Outstanding little amp that like you said can sometimes be picked up cheap.

Don’t mention that word again as we don’t want it too spread and the price will go up 👍

Enjoy it.
Lol will keep it quiet from now on! I love how it stacks with Mojo2, perfect fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back