Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 22, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #7,861 of 10,857
“Snake oil merchants” are you serious? You’re calling them liars. You’re actually saying they’re behaving fraudulently. Do I have that right? Have you considered that just maybe some people in this field might know more than you do?
Of course they do! but there is a conflict of interest here. I am not trying to sell anything. Audioquest are.
I suppose if they can get noise free data from Mars lander or the Voyager through space filled with cosmic rays and solar noise, we should be able to pass low rate audio data a few inches away to our DACs!
That they’ve looked into these problems more than you have?
Digital sources can sound different.
Aha
and hard disks sound different, routers make a difference. How about USB sticks? or the plastic of the CD itself? green pens?
Equally , I suppose the internet service provider can affect the resolution of Netflix 4K movies?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #7,862 of 10,857
Of course they do! but there is a conflict of interest here. I am not trying to sell anything. Audioquest are.
I suppose if they can get noise free data from Mars lander or the Voyager through space filled with cosmic rays and solar noise, we should be able to pass low rate audio data a few inches away to our DACs!

Aha
and hard disks sound different, routers make a difference. How about USB sticks? or the plastic of the CD itself? green pens?
Equally , I suppose the internet service provider can affect the resolution of Netflix 4K movies?
Okay, so you’re saying they’re participating in fraud. That’s a pretty big accusation to make. I look forward to your testing of these products. There are enough people who hear differences to warrant a thoughtful examination of ideas.

Have you heard all of the products you’ve just called snake oil, or do you “just know”? Surely there are enough designers saying these things matter, who also produce great sounding gear, for us all to at least make an effort to try them? Of course, if you don’t think anything can sound better that’s okay, you save yourself a lot of money and are happy. But please, fraud accusations are a long way removed from personal education and biases.

And finally, please can you supply us with half a dozen examples of the lies/fraud you’re talking about? Unsubstantiated accusations are just clickbait dogma.

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #7,863 of 10,857
Just one thought. I am not sure if Netflix uses TCP protocol to transmit or stream data from server to client. I suppose they are still using UDP. So in Germany for example Service 2 character are mostly responsible for deploying network hardware to distribute network traffic. If - and this happens 100% - network devices get faulty or are from the beginning of minor quality, even if they do not reduce so-called "4K-resolution", this network hardware dismisses packets (loses information) and this inevitably reduces the quality of the picture, even if it's so-called 4K resolution.
So if service providers network hardware might not affect resolution, but they can affect quality.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #7,865 of 10,857
Any DSP suggestions for use with the Unique Melody Mest MK II IEM?

I've been using -4 / +1 / +2 / -2 and I like it.

The objective is to decrease in the 20Hz region without changing the 125Hz region and increase in the 3,000Hz region without changing the 20,000Hz region.

Apr 24, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #7,866 of 10,857
IMG_0007.jpeg

My new toy, boys never grow up, their toys just get more expensive :beyersmile:

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #7,868 of 10,857
Apr 25, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #7,869 of 10,857
Is anyone here running Mojo 2 as a DAC to an amplifier? I'm thinking of buying "harder to drive" headphones in the future and might want to use Mojo2 as a DAC for desktop setup. Does it make any sense? Is it powerful to drive e.g Singxer SA-1 or RebelAmp Class A (two options that I have thought)? Or should I stay away from balanced amps in the first place or just forget this idea and think of separate desktop DAC for e.g fully balanced setup?

Headphones I've now are Meze 109 Pro and I've been thinking of getting Aryas or HE1000SE V2 in the future.

Apr 25, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #7,870 of 10,857
Is anyone here running Mojo 2 as a DAC to an amplifier? I'm thinking of buying "harder to drive" headphones in the future and might want to use Mojo2 as a DAC for desktop setup. Does it make any sense? Is it powerful to drive e.g Singxer SA-1 or RebelAmp Class A (two options that I have thought)? Or should I stay away from balanced amps in the first place or just forget this idea and think of separate desktop DAC for e.g fully balanced setup?

Headphones I've now are Meze 109 Pro and I've been thinking of getting Aryas or HE1000SE V2 in the future.
I use Mojo 2 with amplifiers frequently. Not because I need the extra power, but because I like tubes. It will drive my DCA Stealths very well. They are considered “hard to drive”. Same with the Diana V2.

Balanced vs Single ended is a complicated topic. I don’t know if the amps you mentioned are truly balanced or just have a balanced connector. Since the Mojo 2 is single ended, you aren’t getting all the benefits of balanced from a balanced amp. In fact, since the amp has to convert the SE signal to balanced, you may end up potentially worse off than sticking with a SE amp.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #7,871 of 10,857

I've been flirting with the idea of purchasing a VorzAmp Pure II PRO but I've put it on hold, for now, because my Mojo 2 can drive my Meze 109 Pro perfectly.

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #7,872 of 10,857

Absolutely. I use Mojo2 with Folkvangr all the time. Especially when I need lossless EQ. But most of the time I use Mojo2 with Vali2++ or Piety. Such a tiny and powerful combo.

BFDB38BC-C088-4542-9A16-7C695C5DDEF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #7,873 of 10,857

You may be surprised how well the Mojo 2 drives the HE1000 v2; I sure was!! Not quite as good as my Hugo2Go>Violectric DHA V226, but much closer than I would have thought. BTW--HFM has replaced the v2 with the HE1000 Stealth, which is even easier to drive than the v2.

Apr 25, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #7,875 of 10,857
Thank you all for your input. Now I'm thinking of maybe testing out some tube amp (maybe Vali2++, thanks) with my current setup (which I'm happy with). I will postpone the bigger headphone upgrades to future and at least test first if lovely Mojo2 can drive them.

Easy to get side-tracked in this hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back