Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 21, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #7,831 of 10,954
That would never work with the original Mojo, too much RF but the Mojo 2 is a lot more immune to RF, good job Rob with that. I'm tempted to get a Flip 4 now. :)
I can confirm no RF at all. Works exceptionally well especially because you can control UAPP from the cover screen. The only downside is that these newer Samsung phones don't have an SD slot. Not an issue for streaming of course but if you're a dinosaur local library user - me - one has to be selective in one's library choices (although I do have Hiby RS2 with its mighty x2 SD slots for wider choice).

Apr 21, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #7,832 of 10,954
Mojo 2 and Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 = flippin' good.

Mojo 2 and Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 = flippin' good.

P1130422.jpgP1130429.jpgP1130431.jpg
Great rig there!. May I politely offer a tip.? Stick some black tape over that un-used micro usb input. From experience with original mojo if the charging cable is accidently inserted in there its bye bye mojo2. (USB input anyway). Its the very first thing I did when I got my ddhi fi usb c cable and no longer had need for the micro input......

Apr 21, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #7,833 of 10,954
Great rig there!. May I politely offer a tip.? Stick some black tape over that un-used micro usb input. From experience with original mojo if the charging cable is accidently inserted in there its bye bye mojo2. (USB input anyway). Its the very first thing I did when I got my ddhi fi usb c cable and no longer had need for the micro input......

Wouldn’t the Mojo and Mojo 2 have some kind of protection against something as easy to do as sticking a charger in the data port ??

I have often done a double take when charging my Mojo because the charging and data ports are around the other way to my Gryphon. It would be very easy to casually plug the charging cable into the data.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #7,834 of 10,954
OK. Not had that experience myself. I had Mojo OG since launch and used the dual USB cable that came with the Mojo accessory box, and constantly accidentally put charging end in data port and vice versa without issue. Same with Mojo2. Good to be cautious, but personally not something I'm concerned about.

232486-6779644bccf4414d90056ceb5071b856_grande.jpg

Apr 21, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #7,835 of 10,954
I don't understand what is there to worry about inserting the battery charger into the data port by mistake, the Mojo is charged at 5V and the same voltage passes through the data port, also it seems to me that the Mojo data port does not have the +5V pinout therefore, inserting a battery charger by mistake absolutely nothing can happen.

Apr 21, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #7,840 of 10,954
Anyone tried the SR325x with the Mojo 2, I tried the Grado SR80e was quite impressed for its price.
It's a good pairing. But if you can add Vali2+ it would scale up much more. I have Hemp on the picture, but 325x is 99% similar in sound, and I had them both connected to Mojo2 before.

IMG_8164.JPG

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #7,843 of 10,954
I don't understand what is there to worry about inserting the battery charger into the data port by mistake, the Mojo is charged at 5V and the same voltage passes through the data port, also it seems to me that the Mojo data port does not have the +5V pinout therefore, inserting a battery charger by mistake absolutely nothing can happen.
Try it and see. It ruined mine so thats all im saying. By all means test for yourself and report back.

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #7,844 of 10,954
Anyone tried the SR325x with the Mojo 2, I tried the Grado SR80e was quite impressed for its price.
It gets even better when you put the G-pads on the Grados. It significantly transformed my RS2e. Best $50 investment i ever made!

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #7,845 of 10,954
Try it and see. It ruined mine so thats all im saying. By all means test for yourself and report back.
Tried it myself. Probably something unrelated that ruined yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back