Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 25, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #7,876 of 11,010
Thank you all for your input. Now I'm thinking of maybe testing out some tube amp (maybe Vali2++, thanks) with my current setup (which I'm happy with). I will postpone the bigger headphone upgrades to future and at least test first if lovely Mojo2 can drive them.

Easy to get side-tracked in this hobby.
Just an observation, perhaps a bit of lateral thinking:
If you have a current setup that you are happy with, why try something else?
- What if the new system is slightly better in some areas (most likely) but worse in some other? then you always be comparing what you got with what you haven't ! and possibly have to pay a lot to get.
Its like somebody pointing out a dead pixel on your beloved TV, that you had missed until now, but from now, that dead pixel becomes a thorn in your eyes!
Just be happy and don't tempt fate.

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #7,877 of 11,010
Does anyone know if the mojo 2 could power the Hifiman XS Edition? I'm looking to use this combo in my office. For security reasons, I'm not allowed to plug a dedicated DAC/amp on my desk. It's got to be a portable dac/amp...

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #7,879 of 11,010
Does anyone know if the mojo 2 could power the Hifiman XS Edition? I'm looking to use this combo in my office. For security reasons, I'm not allowed to plug a dedicated DAC/amp on my desk. It's got to be a portable dac/amp...
Absolutely.
Unless you intend on hearing damage.

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #7,881 of 11,010
Thank you all for your input. Now I'm thinking of maybe testing out some tube amp (maybe Vali2++, thanks) with my current setup (which I'm happy with). I will postpone the bigger headphone upgrades to future and at least test first if lovely Mojo2 can drive them.

Easy to get side-tracked in this hobby.
A lot of people who have premium tube amps still using Vali2++ regulary because of it’s convenience and very enjoying sound. With Mojo2 it just makes super simple, small and no compromises chain that is easy to be used daily.

Apr 26, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #7,885 of 11,010
Is it worth upgradering from OG Mojo to Mojo 2 only because of the desktop mode and possible to leave it on charge forever without that noise coming from the OG Mojo?
Yes and no, i rarely use crossfeed and eq in Mojo2 and difference is miniscule compared with Mojo 1, so not much value in upgrading within this aspect. Desktop mode is useful as my primary use is to connect to my home stereo. But again if i do it with Mojo 1, the battery replacement only costs less than US$50 and after about 4 years my battery only degrade to 60% level. If you can get a second hand with good price then go for it.

Apr 26, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #7,886 of 11,010
Further listening at low level really did confirm a difference between DD Audio and FiiO cables. Vocals clearer, more present and treble slightly smoother with DD. Worth the investment. Cables matter. Hope I don’t lose any SQ when I go to 50 cm compared to 10 cm. We’ll see.
By any chance, do you notice less depth in the lower end from the DD vs the FiiO cable? For a while I was using the Fiio CL06 and then decided to try the DDHifi TC05 since my CL06 wouldn't hold a solid connection anymore.

Initially, I loved the sound of the TC05, sounded slightly crispier and clearer, but then once day decided to do side by side comparisons and I was blown realizing that the CL06 sounded like it opened up the lower end of the spectrum, more separation from the low mids and below.

Originally I thought this must have been a fluke so I ordered another CL06 and that one also opened up the low mid and low end.

The problem is that these CL06 don't seen to last very long before they start failing to hold stead connection to the dac and phone.

Can anyone else confirm the more spacious low mid and low end out of Fiio cables than the DDHifi?

Setup is as followed
Phone
Qobuz
Chord Mojo 2
Dunu DK-3001 or Sennheiser HD650

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #7,887 of 11,010
By any chance, do you notice less depth in the lower end from the DD vs the FiiO cable? For a while I was using the Fiio CL06 and then decided to try the DDHifi TC05 since my CL06 wouldn't hold a solid connection anymore.

Initially, I loved the sound of the TC05, sounded slightly crispier and clearer, but then once day decided to do side by side comparisons and I was blown realizing that the CL06 sounded like it opened up the lower end of the spectrum, more separation from the low mids and below.

Originally I thought this must have been a fluke so I ordered another CL06 and that one also opened up the low mid and low end.

The problem is that these CL06 don't seen to last very long before they start failing to hold stead connection to the dac and phone.

Can anyone else confirm the more spacious low mid and low end out of Fiio cables than the DDHifi?

Phone is as followed
Qobuz
Chord Mojo 2
Dunu DK-3001 or Sennheiser HD650
No loss of depth whatsoever. But mine is MFi09S. It’s a different cable. And according to DD Audio a better cable. Not fair comparison

Apr 26, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #7,888 of 11,010
Indeed, my 50 cm Mfi09S just arrived at home today. Can’t wait to try it out. Love the 10 cm version but am tired of my iPhone being tied to my M2 by the short hairs! By the way, i read somewhere that with digital usb or coax audio cables that optimal length is 1.5 m or more. Not less. Is that true? Can i expect any sound difference between the 10 cm DD cable and it’s 50 cm sibling?

Apr 26, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #7,890 of 11,010
By the way, i read somewhere that with digital usb or coax audio cables that optimal length is 1.5 m or more. Not less. Is that true?
This is true for digital coax (provided that all the components in the electrical transmission path maintain the 75 ohm spec; the cables, connectors and transmitter/receivers in both devices) but I'm not sure how cable length applies to USB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back