Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 26, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #7,891 of 11,010
Indeed, my 50 cm Mfi09S just arrived at home today. Can’t wait to try it out. Love the 10 cm version but am tired of my iPhone being tied to my M2 by the short hairs! By the way, i read somewhere that with digital usb or coax audio cables that optimal length is 1.5 m or more. Not less. Is that true? Can i expect any sound difference between the 10 cm DD cable and it’s 50 cm sibling?
The DDHifi MFi09S 50 cm and 10 cm sound exactly the same. Very happy 😊. Wonderful sounding setup!

Apr 26, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #7,892 of 11,010
Is anyone here running Mojo 2 as a DAC to an amplifier? I'm thinking of buying "harder to drive" headphones in the future and might want to use Mojo2 as a DAC for desktop setup. Does it make any sense? Is it powerful to drive e.g Singxer SA-1 or RebelAmp Class A (two options that I have thought)? Or should I stay away from balanced amps in the first place or just forget this idea and think of separate desktop DAC for e.g fully balanced setup?

Headphones I've now are Meze 109 Pro and I've been thinking of getting Aryas or HE1000SE V2 in the future.
Yep!
I have mine connected to a Headamp GSX Mini. Bought a good quality 3.5mm - RCA cable for this setup. This is where it stays while I’m not using the mojo 2 portably.

Chibs
IMG_4719.jpeg

Apr 27, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #7,893 of 11,010
Bought a good quality 3.5mm - RCA cable for this setup.
May I ask what cable it is ? I have a Wireworld Pulse, but I think that I could do better…..

Apr 27, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #7,894 of 11,010
May I ask what cable it is ? I have a Wireworld Pulse, but I think that I could do better…..
Let me guess by the picture. See how good I am. AQ Carbon?

Apr 27, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #7,895 of 11,010
Let me guess by the picture. See how good I am. AQ Carbon?
Audioquest Big Sur! I figured I'd splurge considering how much I use this setup at my desk. Sometimes I'll have the Mojo connected to my Loudspeaker setup for Apple music streaming down there. Affiliate link below.

https://amzn.to/3NlvMac

Chibs

Apr 28, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #7,898 of 11,010
Nice video, man. Balanced an informative. I could t agree more about the Apple CCK being the only foolproof connection. Apple, eh?
Looks like I may hold off until iPhones have USB-C. Any info about white noise when connected to a MacBook via USB-C, or is it just an iPhone issue?

Apr 28, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #7,899 of 11,010
Looks like I may hold off until iPhones have USB-C. Any info about white noise when connected to a MacBook via USB-C, or is it just an iPhone issue?
I really hope Iphone 15 pro is USBC with no catches. I tried the updated Mojo 2 with my M1 Mac Pro with a straight usbc cable and didn't have any issues.

Chibs

Apr 29, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #7,900 of 11,010
I just stick to Android USB C. I love Apple products but this is a real kick in the pants. So far it's my MacBook or iPad pro that has USB C.

Apr 29, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #7,902 of 11,010
I think it may be a random issue as well. Never had it with my mojo 2 and I've mostly used it with my iPhone along with camera adapter and USB cables that I know are well within spec. Mine is from one of the first batches (bought at launch) so should have the original firmware.

Apr 29, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #7,903 of 11,010
Or get a Poly and then forget about all the USB C/Micro USB/ Lightning dodgy connection stuff. :wink:
Oh yeah really. Easy as that. Hang on a minute #checks trouser pocket# No #checks jacket pocket# Great stuff I knew I had 500 quid somewhere. Get the DDhi fi lightning usb c cable, no issues this end for me.......

Apr 29, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #7,904 of 11,010
My iPhone connected with DD Audio cord never drops out (always stays connected) and is dead quiet with amazing SQ. My experience here has been perfect. Sounds better than Apple CCK, noticeably better. I admit to not watching video yet, but will. Thanks.

Apr 29, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #7,905 of 11,010
Oh yeah really. Easy as that. Hang on a minute #checks trouser pocket# No #checks jacket pocket# Great stuff I knew I had 500 quid somewhere. Get the DDhi fi lightning usb c cable, no issues this end for me.......
Yep. As I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back