Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 13, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #7,231 of 10,847
If they release Mojo3 without wireless I would never buy Chord products again.
The Poly makes it wireless and without saves cost for those that run wired.

Mar 13, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #7,233 of 10,847
The Poly makes it wireless and without saves cost for those that run wired.
I'm probably in the minority. I prefer not to have either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi on my audio equipment. Unfortunately, it is becoming more and more difficult to find products without these technologies. So I am glad that Chord chose to provide the opportunity via Poly for those who wish.

Mar 13, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #7,234 of 10,847
I thought only higher tier Chord DACS had jitter protection built in. Mojo 1 and 2 were susceptible to jitter?
As I remember, the Mojo 2 has this feature.

Mar 14, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #7,236 of 10,847
If they release Mojo3 without wireless I would never buy Chord products again.
In 2023 wireless should be build-in. It extremely inconvenient atm.
Can’t you just never buy them and not tell anyone? If it’s not the product for you that’s fine, but it’s a bit rude to criticise it for something it’s not even designed to do.

Mar 14, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #7,237 of 10,847
I thought only higher tier Chord DACS had jitter protection built in. Mojo 1 and 2 were susceptible to jitter?

The PLL has been worked on for many years, doesn’t matter if you have Mojo or Dave the jitter rejection is excellent to say the least.

Example - Mojo 2
58F9BB90-054E-4A29-9831-82409E43E53F.jpeg

Mar 14, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #7,238 of 10,847
Jitter on the mojo2 is such a non issue to be concerned about as it is so far below the range of human hearing.

Mar 14, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #7,239 of 10,847
Playing with heavy duty velcro. This is a portable device and i am treating it that way.
Steamdeck was tricky, because i need to be connected to a power source alot and only have one usb-c port. I have a dedicated android phone only with tidal to play music. Im finding the both solutions portable enough to take with me to work, sofa, bed and sometimes to the toilet.
I agree, Steam Deck is a pain because of the single USB-C port. Because of it, I need to use the audio jack when playing on battery-demanding games.

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #7,240 of 10,847
Nothing special, just find a 3.5mm to RCA adapter and run your standard patch cables to the amp. Attached some pics. Mine is an Audioquest right angle one. I think I got it from Amazon. Just need to set the volume to dark purple so you get about 3Volts out. Just depends on your Amp.
There's rca to 3.5mm (mini jack) cable option. I've used Chord crimson and Nordost iKable blueheaven, both will do the job fine. The later is preferable to me, better clarity and detail, but that's subjective.

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #7,241 of 10,847
The desktop mode of Mojo2 is really the game changer for me, I can bring it daily everywhere I go and use it with the battery or external power source deliberately :beerchug:

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #7,242 of 10,847
For those with the white noise issue and maybe haven't seen this (sorry if someone already posted) I received the following from Chord Support and my Mojo 2 is heading to get this firmware update tomorrow. Will report back if it solved the issue but disappointed I just bought my Mojo 2 10 days ago and this wasn't done before selling it.

"Chord Electronics has recently been made aware of an inconsistent issue, experienced by a small number of Mojo2 customers when operating with specific chipsets from Apple and Microsoft, most notably the M1 Apple chip. The result of this combination can be identified as a ‘static’ or ‘white noise’ coming from the output of their Mojo2 during playback.

We have identified the issue as a loss of USB synchronisation between the two devices, which results in Mojo2 playing this de-synchornised USB signal. We have since created a new USB software for Mojo2, that can help avoid this scenario without causing any negative effects to Mojo2s operation for those that wish to specifically use USB. Alternatively, using any of Mojo2s other available inputs will ensure this issue never occurs with your devices.

Only customers experiencing this issue should contact our North American distributor for further instruction on getting their USB program changed where necessary. This is not an ‘upgrade’ to the device, and will not be provided to those without the described issue. "

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #7,243 of 10,847
For those with the white noise issue and maybe haven't seen this (sorry if someone already posted) I received the following from Chord Support and my Mojo 2 is heading to get this firmware update tomorrow. Will report back if it solved the issue but disappointed I just bought my Mojo 2 10 days ago and this wasn't done before selling it.

"Chord Electronics has recently been made aware of an inconsistent issue, experienced by a small number of Mojo2 customers when operating with specific chipsets from Apple and Microsoft, most notably the M1 Apple chip. The result of this combination can be identified as a ‘static’ or ‘white noise’ coming from the output of their Mojo2 during playback.

We have identified the issue as a loss of USB synchronisation between the two devices, which results in Mojo2 playing this de-synchornised USB signal. We have since created a new USB software for Mojo2, that can help avoid this scenario without causing any negative effects to Mojo2s operation for those that wish to specifically use USB. Alternatively, using any of Mojo2s other available inputs will ensure this issue never occurs with your devices.

Only customers experiencing this issue should contact our North American distributor for further instruction on getting their USB program changed where necessary. This is not an ‘upgrade’ to the device, and will not be provided to those without the described issue. "
So you must send the device back to the retailer in NA? Can I ask your Mojo 2 serial number?

Mar 15, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #7,245 of 10,847
I can see the flood gates opening.
How long before someone says the new chip set sounds better?

It surely will sound better, as Rob's done more listening tests since. :) It will be like Mojo 3 lite. Blacker background, faster everything, and definitely more natural sounding. Stories will flood in on how software-updated USB input > optical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back