Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 15, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #7,263 of 11,002
Hello my dear friends,

After reading all your comments i come to a solution:

Regarding wife issues (shouting about loud and weird music coming from my open back headphones) i will not address my lawyers for a divorce. Not now at least.

I came with two solutions and kindly asking for your opinion.
  • Meze Liric
  • Audeze LCD-XC
I will use them stationary but in alot of places (sofa, bed, work, traveling, hotel, etc...)

They should be enjoyable to listen (triphop, classic rock, punk and some reggae) and to play games (always with mojo 2). They should not leak sound.

Meze Liric will be second hand unit from a trustfull origin (with 3 months old receipt). LCD-XC will be new, so they are about the same price.

Thank you
I have the LCD-XC and I love it - pushing close to TOTL performance for mid-fi money (if bought used).
Never tried the Liric so can't comment, but I did have the Empyrean and, in my view, the LCD-XC beats it squarely when it comes to resolution.
Good luck with the hunt!

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #7,264 of 11,002
Chord apparently stated, copied from above:

" .... We have identified the issue as a loss of USB synchronisation between the two devices, which results in Mojo2 playing this de-synchornised USB signal. We have since created a new USB software for Mojo2, that can help avoid this scenario without causing any negative effects to Mojo2s operation for those that wish to specifically use USB. Alternatively, using any of Mojo2s other available inputs will ensure this issue never occurs with your devices ..... "

Mojo OG
not 2 but I understand they are essentially the same other then the FPGA development.

I had white noise with my Fiio M11 Plus streaming Tidal through UAPP to Mojo via custom Moon Audio COAXIAL cable. I was comparing some stuff and plugged COAXIAL cable back in to the Mojo and got a burst of white noise. Actually kind of odd, white noise in the left channel and the song at about 1/4 speed in the right.

I am pretty sure I have read about white noise issues with connections other than USB. Perhaps it is simply most prevalent with USB because that is what probably 90% of people use ???

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #7,265 of 11,002
Chord apparently stated, copied from above:

" .... We have identified the issue as a loss of USB synchronisation between the two devices, which results in Mojo2 playing this de-synchornised USB signal. We have since created a new USB software for Mojo2, that can help avoid this scenario without causing any negative effects to Mojo2s operation for those that wish to specifically use USB. Alternatively, using any of Mojo2s other available inputs will ensure this issue never occurs with your devices ..... "

Mojo OG
not 2 but I understand they are essentially the same other then the FPGA development.

I had white noise with my Fiio M11 Plus streaming Tidal through UAPP to Mojo via custom Moon Audio COAXIAL cable. I was comparing some stuff and plugged COAXIAL cable back in to the Mojo and got a burst of white noise. Actually kind of odd, white noise in the left channel and the song at about 1/4 speed in the right.

I am pretty sure I have read about white noise issues with connections other than USB. Perhaps it is simply most prevalent with USB because that is what probably 90% of people use ???

I have the same issue with my Hugo TT2. It's quite annoying actually especially on a $5k device. It helps if you leave it on all the time since the USB is not having to re-sync but that is not always feasible.

I love literally everything about the TT2, except this.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #7,266 of 11,002
I had a burst of white noise when I accidently nudged the usb cable.

android phone, uapp, usb-c to usb-c cable, mojo 2

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #7,268 of 11,002
So, who do we get in touch with in the USA to arrange for this update? Is it still the Sound Organization (https://soundorg.com)?
Yes it is.

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #7,269 of 11,002
So, who do we get in touch with in the USA to arrange for this update? Is it still the Sound Organization (https://soundorg.com)?

The 'update' was only on the Mojo 1 and they just did a running production update at the factory. The units themselves are not update-able as far as I know.

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #7,270 of 11,002
The 'update' was only on the Mojo 1 and they just did a running production update at the factory. The units themselves are not update-able as far as I know.
Sorry but that is incorrect, my Mojo 2 is on its way to get updated as we speak. The US and CA distributors that I talked directly to received the firmware and instructions on how to upgrade about 10 days ago. Also if you saw my first post on this I pasted Chord's email word for word which makes it clear the FW update for Mojo 2 is now available.

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #7,271 of 11,002
Sorry but that is incorrect, my Mojo 2 is on its way to get updated as we speak. The US and CA distributors that I talked directly to received the firmware and instructions on how to upgrade about 10 days ago. Also if you saw my first post on this I pasted Chord's email word for word which makes it clear the FW update for Mojo 2 is now available.
Yeah but they are not update-able by the user. And actually, when you send it back they may actually physically replace the insides with a new board with updated firmware, who knows.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #7,273 of 11,002
Jeez are we really in 2023 ?

Rob Watts is against it. He does have a point although I do wish the customer could update at least for things like minor flaws and the M Scaler LED staying on even in standby. No user-updates though, can only be done by Chord.

This is something I have a strict policy about; once a design is in production the audible and measured performance is frozen. Any updates, if needed, will be for control, interface, reliability or production reasons only.

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #7,274 of 11,002
Yeah but they are not update-able by the user. And actually, when you send it back they may actually physically replace the insides with a new board with updated firmware, who knows.
I was told clearly it was a FW upgrade to only the USB "system" so unless they are all (Chord, US Dist, CA Dist) lying I'm assuming that is it. Just hope it actually solves the issue. Also sucks being with out it for at least a week and it's the only good DAC I have so I'm going to miss it. :)

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #7,275 of 11,002
Rob Watts is against it. He does have a point although I do wish the customer could update at least for things like minor flaws and the M Scaler LED staying on even in standby. No user-updates though, can only be done by Chord.
I would understand if "flaw" was on the list.
I really hope old buyers will also be able to benefit from the fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back