Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 15, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #7,249 of 11,002
So you must send the device back to the retailer in NA? Can I ask your Mojo 2 serial number?
Yes as I am in NA. Mine is going to Toronto. Texas for USA.

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #7,251 of 11,002
Is this firmware patch to deal with M1 chipset in Apple devices only?
Do you have the terrible white noise, if so it’s probably for you. They told me mostly M1’s and some Windows laptops but didn’t elaborate. Just contact support if you have the issue is my advice.

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #7,253 of 11,002
Follow up email on white noise issue on M1’s:

“Most customers will never encounter this, and will likely not need the firmware updated.

However, when someone does encounter it, this is the only way to resolve it.

“If it is any consolation, this wasn’t a problem with the M1 chips at first, but after a major security update on Apple’s side, we now are seeing it pop up in isolated cases.”

Mar 15, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #7,255 of 11,002
I had my mind set for the Mojo 2 as a desktop and portable solution. Nevertheless, considering that my ecosystem is composed by a Imac24 with M1 chip and an iPhone 13 mini, I'm not gonna take my chances after everything I have been reading. I'm back to square 1.

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #7,256 of 11,002
Hello my dear friends,

After reading all your comments i come to a solution:

Regarding wife issues (shouting about loud and weird music coming from my open back headphones) i will not address my lawyers for a divorce. Not now at least.

I came with two solutions and kindly asking for your opinion.
  • Meze Liric
  • Audeze LCD-XC
I will use them stationary but in alot of places (sofa, bed, work, traveling, hotel, etc...)

They should be enjoyable to listen (triphop, classic rock, punk and some reggae) and to play games (always with mojo 2). They should not leak sound.

Meze Liric will be second hand unit from a trustfull origin (with 3 months old receipt). LCD-XC will be new, so they are about the same price.

Thank you

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #7,257 of 11,002
The way I read it the update is for the USB chipset and NOT the FPGA so why people are calling this a Mojo 2+ or Mojo 3 I have no idea.

As its the FPGA that performs the actual DAC function and not the USB chipset it will sound the same with or without the update, just without the noise issue for Apple users.

I would seriously suggest that if you don't have this issue or an Apple device don't send your Mojo back, the profit margins on Mojo are a lot slimmer than the other Chord DAC's and we don't want Chord to decide not to make any future DAC's at this price point because of the risk of it not making a profit.

Just my 2p worth.

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #7,258 of 11,002
I think people were joking about "mojo 2+" & sound quality improvement.

...I hope they were joking.

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #7,260 of 11,002
The mojo 2 is not the only chord dac with this issue. I have had it on tt1, tt2, mscaler and h2 usually when switching resolution. i.e . 44.1 to 96 or back. Interesting to see if will be upgraded on other dacs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back