Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 17, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #4,307 of 11,005
Maybe I expected too much from a portable device :)
I think you are going by hype!
Figures from this site and that site, and a lot of people expressing opinions as facts, can throw anybody off.
I have a pair of Hifiman Edition XS. they are 18 ohms (loww!) and an efficiency of 92db (again loww), when some IEM's are in high 100db's.
I have read here and there that these cans Thrive on Power, more Power . some even claim it sounds better on 2W min. (W-T-F!).
Let's say Hifiman was very very conservative with their figures, and it is actually 89dB.
94dB is considered a high listening volume, let us say naa! a Rock concert at 109dB!
Let's do some calculation:
If the cans can produce 89dB at 0.001W (yes that is the definition of efficiency, for one milli-watt), then at 100mW they can go 20dB louder to 109dB (deafening).
Let's now say there is 3dB headroom on the recording, and another 3dB for peaks, we are now at 400mW!
@400mW the EDXS can hit 115dB theoretically, or a safe 109dB continuous. this is a low-effeciency can, and we allowed for Hifiman possible BS on yheir effiiciency figure, recording issues and musical peaks.
The 2W min. is just BS - why are people saying it then? - a lot of gear with 2W output are actually clean up to few hundred milliwatts only, so if one wants more clean power, they have to go for a 5W output!
Indeed Mojo1 and Mojo2 both can drive EDXS to really loud levels, without going into clipping.
Mojo (both) are small enough to fit inside your pocket (not shirt, or it drags to belly), has decent play time, and one of the best audio quality on the move anybody should want.
Ask some Rock musicians!

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #4,308 of 11,005
Definitely using the correct port.
I've made a quick video here:

Hello, do you have any update about this matter? What caused it, what did Chord Support say?

May 17, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #4,309 of 11,005
Hello, do you have any update about this matter? What caused it, what did Chord Support say?
Chord said to take it to the dealer for a replacement, which I'll do soon. I'm heading to Munich on Thursday so won't be able to sort it til next week

May 17, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #4,310 of 11,005
Chord said to take it to the dealer for a replacement, which I'll do soon. I'm heading to Munich on Thursday so won't be able to sort it til next week
Best of luck, I'm sure you'll get a replacement which will work fine :)

May 17, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #4,311 of 11,005
Best way to listen to Flac files on Mojo2?

I have started ripping my cd collection to FLAC. Right now the files are stored in Dropbox.

What is the best way to listen to my music through the Mojo2? I am on an iphone. I have tried Mconnect but the tracks are out of order (metadata added via Foobar2000) and it's not able to access dropbox every time I use it.

May 17, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #4,312 of 11,005
Best way to listen to Flac files on Mojo2?

I have started ripping my cd collection to FLAC. Right now the files are stored in Dropbox.

What is the best way to listen to my music through the Mojo2? I am on an iphone. I have tried Mconnect but the tracks are out of order (metadata added via Foobar2000) and it's not able to access dropbox every time I use it.
VOX works very well

May 17, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #4,313 of 11,005
oh, I think I just reached a white noise issue aswell for the first time.
I was randomsly watching some videos and then suddenly a huge white noise as soon as a sound needs to be played.
I had to turn off and on my unit to solve the issue. I hope everything will be fine for the next days or I will probably return my unit then to be fixed.
Chord really needs to address the issue. As I posted before, the DACs should have been designed to mute when the USB synchronization fails. Ignoring the issue is naive because all it takes is one user with an deep fitting universal or custom in ear monitor to file a lawsuit claiming hearing damage from the loud white noise...
https://www.macrumors.com/2022/05/17/apple-airpods-pro-amber-alert-lawsuit/

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #4,314 of 11,005
Anybody else using HQPlayer with Mojo 2? I find this to be an absolutely remarkable combination, given that Mojo can decode PCM 768khz upsampled files.

Truly revelatory sound for me.

Unfortunately, the user experience of HQPlayer is garbage, but I found a workaround that allows me to use my preferred player on Windows, MusicBee, to stream to HQPlayer, which then outputs to the Mojo.

Highly recommend giving HQPlayer a listen. And thanks again to @GoldenOne for sharing your HQPlayer settings in another thread. It would've taken me a lifetime to figure out how to set it up otherwise.

Now if I could only figure out how to route Amazon HD Music to HQPlayer, I'd be all set.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #4,315 of 11,005
I may be late but it might be you didnt push your usb cable all the way in.

I noticed there is a double click for the usb ports in my M2 especially the usb C connector. There is a first click when you push it in but you'll need to push it in further for the 2nd click.

This also may be causing the white noise issue if you input cable are not pushed all the way in.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #4,316 of 11,005
Hey guys,
got a question. Is there Dac from Chord that sounds like the Chord Mojo 2 but is a desktop Dac?
I've listened to the Chord Mojo 2 and I really liked it. I mean for 600-700 bucks.

May 17, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #4,317 of 11,005
Hey guys,
got a question. Is there Dac from Chord that sounds like the Chord Mojo 2 but is a desktop Dac?
I've listened to the Chord Mojo 2 and I really liked it. I mean for 600-700 bucks.
A used Qutest is probably the closest product in their line and your budget.

May 17, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #4,318 of 11,005
Chord really needs to address the issue. As I posted before, the DACs should have been designed to mute when the USB synchronization fails. Ignoring the issue is naive because all it takes is one user with an deep fitting universal or custom in ear monitor to file a lawsuit claiming hearing damage from the loud white noise...
https://www.macrumors.com/2022/05/17/apple-airpods-pro-amber-alert-lawsuit/
Chord deserves to get sued. This is a terrible problem with their product. For me I solved the problem by always having some sort of dongle between my Source output and the Mojo2 input. They should at least tell their customers to do this.

May 18, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #4,319 of 11,005
A used Qutest is probably the closest product in their line and your budget.
Chord really needs a 600 bucks desktop dac in their lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back