Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 30, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #1,276 of 10,477
Jan 30, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #1,278 of 10,477
If you own Hugo2 will you still buy the Mojo2?
I have both the Mojo and Hugo 2, and thinking of getting the Mojo 2 as well.
If I get the M2, I will use the Mojo Original as DAC in my office stereo.

Based on the available information I expect M2 to be more transparent & have better definition in bass and treble due to no coupling capacitor and more taps.
The cross-feed filter is a feature I really like on H2 for specific tracks, very useful to have that in a portable IEM DAC/Amp.
The improved battery management and desktop feature is great - event though not that relevant for my use case.

The factor that will decide for me if I'll buy the M2 is the implementation of EQ - if it's a parametric EQ with an app for setting up and the possibility to store many presets I am sure I will buy the M2. This EQ feature is really unexpected but a HUGE deal for IEM use IMO.

For example I own the Sony EX1000, which has a 16mm DD with one of the best bass responses I have ever heard in an IEM but a rather big spike in the treble.
I LOVE it with PEQ from my laptop - but basically never use it for various reasons. With a PEQ implementation by CHORD I would be extremely happy.

I have little doubt that the M2 will have superior SQ for it's price, it adds more useful features (on paper) than I'd have expetced, I just really hope that the EQ is parametric and has a good user interface. In that case I think I'll have to get a Poly too... Well done CHORD!

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #1,279 of 10,477
found this picture while trying to figure out how pre-ordering works.

Attachments

• mojo2-6.jpg
    mojo2-6.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 30, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #1,280 of 10,477
The topology might not need balanced output to sound better (shoot- mojo provided more power to the 3.5mm than most of my $1000+ DAPs with their balanced outputs) but high-end headphones rely on either 6.3 or 4.4 mm plugs these days
Well, 6.3 is still SE, and a 6.3 - 3.5 is a near ubiquitous adapter at this point.

Completely agree on the Micro USB point though.

Jan 30, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #1,281 of 10,477
I agree with many posts about the decision to continue on with the obsolete USB-micro standard in 2022– they made a mistake including it even for backwards compatibility with the Poly. Since the release of the original Mojo, many smaller products (non-FPGA) have entered the market and the times of a device this physical size have passed. The battery life and charging times of the Mojo were dismal and they would have to be massively improved in the Mojo 2 to make it even compelling and competitive. As a Chord diehard, this one leaves me underwhelmed and part of me would rather use Apple’s 3.5mm headphone adapter on-the-go In 2022. That said, I’ll likely purchase the Mojo 2 because I gifted my Mojo to a family member last year.

I assume the M button on the Mojo 2 is for the 768 capability Rob Watts regretted not including in the Mojo for compatibility with the M scaler.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #1,282 of 10,477
I agree with many posts about the decision to continue on with the obsolete USB-micro standard in 2022– they made a mistake including it even for backwards compatibility with the Poly. Since the release of the original Mojo, many smaller products (non-FPGA) have entered the market and the times of a device this physical size have passed. The battery life and charging times of the Mojo were dismal and they would have to be massively improved in the Mojo 2 to make it even compelling and competitive. As a Chord diehard, this one leaves me underwhelmed and part of me would rather use Apple’s 3.5mm headphone adapter on-the-go In 2022. That said, I’ll likely purchase the Mojo 2 because I gifted my Mojo to a family member last year.

I assume the M button on the Mojo 2 is for the 768 capability Rob Watts regretted not including in the Mojo for compatibility with the M scaler.
@iDesign if you are correct about the M button than my M Scaler is ready for Mojo 2 :)

Jan 30, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #1,284 of 10,477

I think the M button is more for modes. There wouldn’t need to be a button to have mScaler compatibility, but just the appropriate trrs jack like on H2. But, it is interesting that Rob is designing EQ into Mojo. Perhaps that will also be an addition to future mScalers?

Jan 30, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #1,286 of 10,477
I think the M button is more for modes. There wouldn’t need to be a button to have mScaler compatibility, but just the appropriate trrs jack like on H2. But, it is interesting that Rob is designing EQ into Mojo. Perhaps that will also be an addition to future mScalers?
Whatever it’s function, if the battery life isn’t significantly improved over the original Mojo, its DOA. I also hope Chord makes replacement batteries easily available to customers. In the past, the battery service/warranty was embarrassingly handled by Chord and it’s North American distributor.

Jan 30, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #1,287 of 10,477
Whatever it’s function, if the battery life isn’t significantly improved over the original Mojo, its DOA. I also hope Chord makes replacement batteries easily available to customers. In the past, the battery service/warranty was embarrassingly handled by Chord and it’s North American distributor.
We already know its battery is up to 8 hours, which is pretty darn awful for a £449 device tbh, as that will wane with time obviously.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back