Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 30, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #1,306 of 10,641
I wouldn't mind the 8 hour battery life if charging was fast but it's crazy how slow the charging is with the OG mojo.
Exactly. The key metric is the charge time.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #1,308 of 10,641
If Mojo disengages battery in desktop mode then I see lot of ppl running it as desktop DAC with good LPS

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #1,309 of 10,641
If Mojo disengages battery in desktop mode then I see lot of ppl running it as desktop DAC with good LPS
I did that for a while with Hugo 2, then I decided it was better just to get a true desktop DAC.

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #1,310 of 10,641
"New FPGA-based charging system greatly improves battery management
This technology significantly improves charging speed, reduces power loss by 75%, and enables more efficient charging."

I guess it is not quite fast-charging.
Power loss is always a synonym for heat production. :wink:

Hopefully one can charge while listening without creating a heat gun.

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #1,311 of 10,641
I wonder if my Uptone UltraCap 5v LPS will do the job ? It's been collecting dust in a drawer for a while !!

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #1,312 of 10,641
I wonder if my Uptone UltraCap 5v LPS will do the job ? It's been collecting dust in a drawer for a while !!
I have the same LPS v1.2 that I use with my streamer. It should work fine with Mojo

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #1,313 of 10,641

Charging time approx 4 hours ...​

Characteristics​

Useful info about the EQ function - actually more of a tone control:

When activated, Chord Mojo 2's EQ allows you to adjust four frequency ranges (20Hz, 125Hz, 3kHz, 20kHz) in plus or minus nine 1dB steps (18 in total) via the knobs +/- used for volume adjustment. Channel balance can also be adjusted by enabling the feature in the Mojo 2 menu.

Wish it would have had a 4K band, as that would have suited my preferences for the 2021 LCD-X.
I imagine that the Hugo 3 will have more flexible eq capabilities.

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #1,314 of 10,641
Useful info about the EQ function - actually more of a tone control:

When activated, Chord Mojo 2's EQ allows you to adjust four frequency ranges (20Hz, 125Hz, 3kHz, 20kHz) in plus or minus nine 1dB steps (18 in total) via the knobs +/- used for volume adjustment. Channel balance can also be adjusted by enabling the feature in the Mojo 2 menu.

Wish it would have had a 4K band, as that would have suited my preferences for the 2021 LCD-X.
I imagine that the Hugo 3 will have more flexible eq capabilities.
It may have Wide Q so you can mitigate 4K a bit. But I’m just assuming

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #1,316 of 10,641
That's a good point. It would be possible to simulate with a parametric eq to get an approximation of what the mojo2 would do. As you say, the Q value would be wide.
We will know during official release or once impression starts coming in from experienced members

Jan 30, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,318 of 10,641
That's a good point. It would be possible to simulate with a parametric eq to get an approximation of what the mojo2 would do. As you say, the Q value would be wide.
Too bad Chord didn't go all the way an implement full parametric EQ. I would have definitely bought it just for that.

Maybe they will put that into Mojo 3 in 2029, but I'll bet the Mojo 3 still has USB-micro for charging.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #1,319 of 10,641
Too bad Chord didn't go all the way an implement full parametric EQ. I would have definitely bought it just for that.
I am with you on that!! Full parametric EQ would have been a killer feature, especially since I‘d be pretty sure that an implementation in a CHORD device would not create any negative effects on the digital data. But a 4 band EQ has little value for me :worried:

But parametric EQ might really be a feature reserved for the future higher end products, which makes sense from marketing perspective.

Jan 30, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #1,320 of 10,641
I am with you on that!! Full parametric EQ would have been a killer feature, especially since I‘d be pretty sure that an implementation in a CHORD device would not create any negative effects on the digital data. But a 4 band EQ has little value for me :worried:

But parametric EQ might really be a feature reserved for the future higher end products, which makes sense from marketing perspective.
Yea, but man it would be a killer feature and to me not that hard to implement. They could justify the higher versions with other things:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back