Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 9, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #7,143 of 11,002
Hello my friends, i have to share this with you.

Im 39 year old that never went to this Audiophile world, but always listen to music with causal/bluetooth headphones.

A few months back i start to think to upgrade the headphones and i went to this rabbit hole.

Last month bought a used pair of Hifiman Sundara. Last week i bought a used Mojo 2.

Yesterday i put all together, a month free Tidal app in my phone (synchronize the Spotify because the playlists) and fire all things up after the 5 years old son was assleep.

My wife didnt know that i start this new "hobby" and was by my side when i start to put some volume up in mojo2+sundara. Immediatly two things happen:

• My mind blown away with the detail of the music (i was lissen Gotan Project) with this combination (well i dont have anything beside cheap headphones to compare)
  • My wife starts shouting at me because she can hear everthing and this "new" headphones are junk and they should be quieter and restrict the sound to myself
Well, i bought the sundaras because i can lissen to hear talk about something and still enjoy "some" of my music. WOMANS!!!

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce
If closed backs i will go full in this rabit hole and thinking in something like Audeze LCD-XC, how do they pair with mojo?

Do you guys have some advice to close backs and mojo2?

Thank you, sirs

Mar 9, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #7,144 of 11,002

Im 39 year old that never went to this Audiophile world, but always listen to music with causal/bluetooth headphones.

A few months back i start to think to upgrade the headphones and i went to this rabbit hole.

Last month bought a used pair of Hifiman Sundara. Last week i bought a used Mojo 2.

Yesterday i put all together, a month free Tidal app in my phone (synchronize the Spotify because the playlists) and fire all things up after the 5 years old son was assleep.

My wife didnt know that i start this new "hobby" and was by my side when i start to put some volume up in mojo2+sundara. Immediatly two things happen:

• My mind blown away with the detail of the music (i was lissen Gotan Project) with this combination (well i dont have anything beside cheap headphones to compare)
  • My wife starts shouting at me because she can hear everthing and this "new" headphones are junk and they should be quieter and restrict the sound to myself
Well, i bought the sundaras because i can lissen to hear talk about something and still enjoy "some" of my music. WOMANS!!!

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce
If closed backs i will go full in this rabit hole and thinking in something like Audeze LCD-XC, how do they pair with mojo?

Thank you, sirs
Focal Elegia are easy to drive closed back.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #7,145 of 11,002

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce

Thank you, sirs

Definitely divorce, I can still hear my wife through ear defenders.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #7,146 of 11,002

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce

Thank you, sirs
I use Astell Kern T5p 2nd Generation with the Mojo 2.
Think there pretty much the same as the Beyer T5p ?

I drop the low bass level on the Mojo 2 and I’m happy.

Ak T5p 2nd Gen come up for sale quite cheaply on eBay every now and then.
Don’t buy them new way overpriced.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #7,147 of 11,002

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce

Thank you, sirs
I have open back Hifiman and a set of closed back for when the rest of the family get annoyed

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #7,148 of 11,002
  • Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce
Tricky choice. Give the headphones and go first, and proceed from there.

As for choice, if you want a pair of headphones with excellent noise attenuation, supremely comfortable, with a very detailed presentation, then I can recommend Austrian Audio Hi-X60. Very fairly priced. However, the presentation is on the cool side, and certainly won't appeal if you're into warmth and looking to melt away.

Otherwise, lots of options for Mojo 2 - Meze 99, Meze Liric, Kennerton Gjallarhorn, Audio-Technica WP900, DCA Noire, etc. Depends on your budget and taste.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #7,149 of 11,002
I use Astell Kern T5p 2nd Generation with the Mojo 2.
Think there pretty much the same as the Beyer T5p ?

I drop the low bass level on the Mojo 2 and I’m happy.

Ak T5p 2nd Gen come up for sale quite cheaply on eBay every now and then.
Don’t buy them new way overpriced.
Good choice, indeed. Most of the Beyer cans tend to work super well with Mojo 2, IMO. I also lowered the mid-bass on the T5P 2nd when I had them, and they sounded great on Mojo 2.

Mar 9, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #7,150 of 11,002
Does the Poly work with the new intelligent desktop mode of Mojo 2?

Mar 9, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #7,151 of 11,002

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce

Thank you, sirs
I second the Dan Clark Audio Noire. Very detailed, complements the Mojo2 well, and very little leakage of sound.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #7,154 of 11,002
Focal Elegia are easy to drive closed back.
FWIW I do listen to music with the Elegia & mojo2.
I really like the Elegia but it took me a while. I had to have (brain) burn-in for at least 50h and switch to the Dekoni Stellia pads.
Elegia and mojo2 work great together but I won't go so far as saying it is way better with the mojo2. I am still struggling to hear remarkable difference when I switch from one dac to another tbh (I don't like to A/B in general so there is that).

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #7,155 of 11,002
This is what fixed it for me. Setting 192K max in Widows 11. Chord Support had also said to me that 768 is kinda high.

You are 100% correct about the chipset.
EDIT: I should also mention that the issue I've been having only happens at 705/768k rates. If you're having white noise issues at lower rates than that, then we're probably talking about different issues altogther.

For me personally, one of big attractions to Chord products is how well it upsamples digital signals. I prefer to send the native sampling rate and let @Rob Watts software do its magic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back