Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 8, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #7,126 of 11,010
Not much to say really.
Does exactly what it’s meant to.
Plug in and leave it alone.
You can basically forget it’s a portable device.
It doesn't work like fiio m17 where desktop mode means extra power. It just a battery power management
Thanks for the replies, how long does it need to enter the desktop mode? I think it is immediately after the battery reaches 100%? So if I keep the battery is 100%, then wherever I bring the Mojo 2 to, just connect the power and it will go to the desktop mode, right?

Mar 8, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #7,128 of 11,010
I find WASAPI exclusive with Qobuz works best, ASIO seems a little inconsistent with outputting the correct sampling rate.
Almost a year later, I can say the Chord Mojo 2 ASIO is not working for me either on Windows 11. It would suddenly cause the music to stutter awfully for a few seconds hurting my ears badly. Maybe this driver is not supported on Windows 11 ?

Mar 8, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #7,130 of 11,010
You are confusing cause and effect. The effect is the USB chipset loosing sync. There can be multiple causes. One of which is cables. I have a 100% repeatable situation with one cable triggering the white noise and a second that does not. The cable for sure is not generating the white noise but it certainly is causing the sync loss that generates the white noise.
You'll inevitably get the white noise on your good cable too. I've had many times where I felt like I found the perfect cable and didn't encounter the white noise for weeks...until I did. The issue is the chipset, other DACs don't have this issue regardless of the USB cable used. Even if a particular cable improves the situation, the chipset should not be that sensitive to the type of cable used, as long as it is a cable within spec.

EDIT: I should also mention that the issue I've been having only happens at 705/768k rates. If you're having white noise issues at lower rates than that, then we're probably talking about different issues altogther.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #7,131 of 11,010
Almost a year later, I can say the Chord Mojo 2 ASIO is not working for me either on Windows 11. It would suddenly cause the music to stutter awfully for a few seconds hurting my ears badly. Maybe this driver is not supported on Windows 11 ?
Is there any advantage to using ASIO? I never use it, always stick with Wasapi Exclusive Mode

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #7,133 of 11,010
Hi guys, I am going to buy the Mojo 2, could you guys share the experience of the intelligent desktop mode?
Rob Watts:
When it's in desktop mode the battery is disconnected, and power only comes from the charger, via Mojo 2's PSU regulator.

Every 11 days the battery will get a trickle charge top-up when in continuous desktop mode.

Mar 8, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #7,134 of 11,010
An underrated feature of the Mojo2 in my recent experience: the range of the volume control.
Since getting Hugo 2 I've started using Mojo 2 on the daily commute, replacing the Violectric Chronos. I would previously use my phone or the Chronos to adjust volume, and there was always this one step that went from "hm, a little too quiet" to "no, too loud now!". Can't find the sweet spot, very annoying.
With Mojo 2 I can really fine tune the volume level to the track or the outside noise conditions with precision. Good design.

Mar 8, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #7,137 of 11,010
You'll inevitably get the white noise on your good cable too. I've had many times where I felt like I found the perfect cable and didn't encounter the white noise for weeks...until I did. The issue is the chipset, other DACs don't have this issue regardless of the USB cable used. Even if a particular cable improves the situation, the chipset should not be that sensitive to the type of cable used, as long as it is a cable within spec.

EDIT: I should also mention that the issue I've been having only happens at 705/768k rates. If you're having white noise issues at lower rates than that, then we're probably talking about different issues altogther.
I agree. My point was the cable makes the difference between it happening every hour, day, week or whatever. My current cable is four months in of every day use without a failure. The previous cable worked perfectly for weeks and now fails several times in an hour. I absolutely do expect the current cable to go bad and trigger the problem at some point. I have a spare set aside for when that time comes.

So yes the problem is the chipset but you can’t change that. You can find cables that avoid the problem better than others. And yes again it is only on high but rates.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #7,138 of 11,010
This is what fixed it for me. Setting 192K max in Widows 11. Chord Support had also said to me that 768 is kinda high.

You are 100% correct about the chipset.

Mar 8, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #7,140 of 11,010
I remember that there is a slide explain the Mojo 2 technically, where can I find it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back