Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 6, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #7,111 of 11,010
I purchased a Mojo 2 (new) a couple months ago and I’ve been having loud noise bursts every 20 minutes or so of listening without touching the unit or moving it at all. I’ve browsed this thread a bit and haven’t found any solutions yet but I see others are having the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Are you using it with an iphone? If so which model and type of cable are you using?

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #7,112 of 11,010
I purchased a Mojo 2 (new) a couple months ago and I’ve been having loud noise bursts every 20 minutes or so of listening without touching the unit or moving it at all. I’ve browsed this thread a bit and haven’t found any solutions yet but I see others are having the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If you have details on the source you are using and how you are connecting that might help.

It seems the bursts of white noise happen when the Mojo gets caught out in the signal processing and it seems that can happen for a variety of reasons.

USB seems to be most effected but I have had one episode with a coaxial connection.

A lot of blame seems to be attributed to specific cables but I personally can’t figure how a cable that makes a decent connection can work one minute then cause a problem. A poor connection maybe but that is unlikely to be cable specific unless there was perhaps a bad batch with loose connectors.

It certainly isn’t a fault only with the Mojo, I have had it with two Schiit DACs with unison USB and recently with an ifI Go Bar that caught out when I was flicking through some Tidal tracks to quickly.

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #7,113 of 11,010
Which device are you using? Btw, do you hear any noise/hiss (without music playing) when pair the Mojo 2 with U12t?

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #7,114 of 11,010
No issues whatsoever using Poly which uses the USB connection, for once Poly has an advantage here :) .

I can detect no hissing whatsoever using Shure SE846 which is one of the most sensitive low impedance loads out there but others will say they hear background noise I bet. I wouldn't be surprised if some people hear their own inner ear noise and assume its coming from the source.

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #7,115 of 11,010

If you’re using a i device make sure the lightning port is clean.
Dirt can build up in the port.
Don’t use anything metal to clean out the port.

I use several usbc cables and don’t have any problems.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #7,116 of 11,010
Never had this issue as I use a Mojo 2 + Poly combo. But if I recall correctly, it could be due to the cable.
Have a look at this video, from 4:02.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #7,118 of 11,010
I've only had this issue when attached to a laptop, never the phone (Android )
How frequently does this issue occur? And which cable did you use?

Mar 7, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #7,120 of 11,010
If you have details on the source you are using and how you are connecting that might help.

It seems the bursts of white noise happen when the Mojo gets caught out in the signal processing and it seems that can happen for a variety of reasons.

USB seems to be most effected but I have had one episode with a coaxial connection.

A lot of blame seems to be attributed to specific cables but I personally can’t figure how a cable that makes a decent connection can work one minute then cause a problem. A poor connection maybe but that is unlikely to be cable specific unless there was perhaps a bad batch with loose connectors.

It certainly isn’t a fault only with the Mojo, I have had it with two Schiit DACs with unison USB and recently with an ifI Go Bar that caught out when I was flicking through some Tidal tracks to quickly.
I’ve had the problem on mine directly attributed to a cable. I used the cable without issue for months then got the occasional problem with noise. Swapping the cable out completely removed the problem. Limiting the bit rate on the source, iPhone, also solved the issue with the cable but that somewhat defeats the point. I tried cleaning the contacts but that didn’t have an effect. I’ve no idea what cause the cable to degrade, there are no outward signs, but it certainly got to the point where usb synchronisation gets lost at higher but rates.

Mar 7, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #7,121 of 11,010
It's not the cables, it's the usb chipset on Chord devices. It sometimes has issues with the rate handshake leading to a burst of white noise, usually in one channel. There's plenty of discussion about this on Hqplayer threads in the Audiophile Style forum.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #7,122 of 11,010
Hi guys, I am going to buy the Mojo 2, could you guys share the experience of the intelligent desktop mode?

Mar 8, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #7,123 of 11,010
It's not the cables, it's the usb chipset on Chord devices. It sometimes has issues with the rate handshake leading to a burst of white noise, usually in one channel. There's plenty of discussion about this on Hqplayer threads in the Audiophile Style forum.
You are confusing cause and effect. The effect is the USB chipset loosing sync. There can be multiple causes. One of which is cables. I have a 100% repeatable situation with one cable triggering the white noise and a second that does not. The cable for sure is not generating the white noise but it certainly is causing the sync loss that generates the white noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back