Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 9, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #7,157 of 11,001
Hello my friends, i have to share this with you.

Im 39 year old that never went to this Audiophile world, but always listen to music with causal/bluetooth headphones.

A few months back i start to think to upgrade the headphones and i went to this rabbit hole.

Last month bought a used pair of Hifiman Sundara. Last week i bought a used Mojo 2.

Yesterday i put all together, a month free Tidal app in my phone (synchronize the Spotify because the playlists) and fire all things up after the 5 years old son was assleep.

My wife didnt know that i start this new "hobby" and was by my side when i start to put some volume up in mojo2+sundara. Immediatly two things happen:

• My mind blown away with the detail of the music (i was lissen Gotan Project) with this combination (well i dont have anything beside cheap headphones to compare)
  • My wife starts shouting at me because she can hear everthing and this "new" headphones are junk and they should be quieter and restrict the sound to myself
Well, i bought the sundaras because i can lissen to hear talk about something and still enjoy "some" of my music. WOMANS!!!

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce
If closed backs i will go full in this rabit hole and thinking in something like Audeze LCD-XC, how do they pair with mojo?

Do you guys have some advice to close backs and mojo2?

Thank you, sirs
I would also consider IEMs, very easy to drive and excellent isolation.

Mar 9, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #7,158 of 11,001

Im 39 year old that never went to this Audiophile world, but always listen to music with causal/bluetooth headphones.

A few months back i start to think to upgrade the headphones and i went to this rabbit hole.

Last month bought a used pair of Hifiman Sundara. Last week i bought a used Mojo 2.

Yesterday i put all together, a month free Tidal app in my phone (synchronize the Spotify because the playlists) and fire all things up after the 5 years old son was assleep.

My wife didnt know that i start this new "hobby" and was by my side when i start to put some volume up in mojo2+sundara. Immediatly two things happen:

• My mind blown away with the detail of the music (i was lissen Gotan Project) with this combination (well i dont have anything beside cheap headphones to compare)
  • My wife starts shouting at me because she can hear everthing and this "new" headphones are junk and they should be quieter and restrict the sound to myself
Well, i bought the sundaras because i can lissen to hear talk about something and still enjoy "some" of my music. WOMANS!!!

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce
If closed backs i will go full in this rabit hole and thinking in something like Audeze LCD-XC, how do they pair with mojo?

Thank you, sirs

Get a good pair of IEM (earphones) and you can enjoy really excellent sound as loud as you like sitting right beside your wife and she won’t hear a thing.

Your Mojo 2 will power any IEM really well.

Side bonus, because they are small and discrete if you select sets that are not to visually distinctive you can probably buy half a dozen sets and she won’t even notice 😂

In all seriousness, IEM are your answer for when you are around your wife and want to listen to music. I have been on a bit of an IEM thing over the last six months or so and have come to prefer them to headphones if comparing comparable quality sets.

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #7,159 of 11,001
Get a good pair of IEM (earphones) and you can enjoy really excellent sound as loud as you like sitting right beside your wife and she won’t hear a thing.

Your Mojo 2 will power any IEM really well.

Side bonus, because they are small and discrete if you select sets that are not to visually distinctive you can probably buy half a dozen sets and she won’t even notice 😂

In all seriousness, IEM are your answer for when you are around your wife and want to listen to music. I have been on a bit of an IEM thing over the last six months or so and have come to prefer them to headphones if comparing comparable quality sets.

But you won't be able to hear you wife, which can be good and bad.... :wink:

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #7,160 of 11,001
But you won't be able to hear you wife, which can be good and bad.... :wink:
A divorce gets you the same result... hopefully... 🙄 😁

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #7,162 of 11,001
I would like to ask how many years of warranty is provided with the mojo 2 and Poly products in the European Union? 2 for sure but I'm hopping being positively surprised :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Cheers.

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #7,163 of 11,001
If you run your Mojo₂ off a PC w/ PCI-E availability, I recommend looking into a Startech PCI-E USB-C card.

This will not only improve performance by introducing low latency hardware into the chain, but it will reduce noise floor as it will have it's own bus and power directly to the CPU.

Make sure you are using the same ASMedia USB 3142 chipset as the JCAT PCI-E card:

https://www.asmedia.com.tw/product/55AYQ83xg4uy6Uj0/0C8YQ4asx4yt2JR4/3142

Confirmed:

On Provantage, you can grab it for under $50. Everywhere else is around $70.

https://www.provantage.com/startech-pexusb311ac3~7STR9584.htm

https://www.startech.com/en-us/where-to-buy/PEXUSB311AC3

If you need more USB-C ports, make sure it's running the ASM3142:

https://www.startech.com/en-us/search?search_term=3142

JCAT uses the same chipset

https://jcat.eu/featured/usb-card-xe/

If your graphics card takes up two PCI-E slots and space is low, you can can a PCI-E extender:

515Xb1hUFCL._AC_SX679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/ADT-Link-90Degree-Extension-R11SL-TL-Extender/dp/B07TBLB3L1/ref=sr_1_6?crid=AB57E30FS2XE&keywords=pci-e+extension+cable&qid=1666148599&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0Ljc2IiwicXNhIjoiNC4zMCIsInFzcCI6IjQuMDMifQ==&sprefix=pci-e+,aps,164&sr=8-6&th=1

For optimal performance, use a USB optical cable. It's great for stability and Zoom.

I combine it with low latency realtime operating system running Steam, so I game completely in low latency heaven and run the operating system and Steam Games completely in RAM. Since Chord DACs have a bit of lag this compensates by not adding unnecessary fluff.

Would you run your Graphics Card off a Motherboard's USB port? Why suffocate your DAC? Give it proper bandwidth, stability and isolation with direct a direct bus to the CPU via PCI-E. Give it the same respect as a Graphics Card. You lower the noise floor too even without external power since you avoid the clutter of normal internal data workings.
Does the Topping HS01 do the same job as this Startech PCI-E USB-C card??

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #7,164 of 11,001
I don’t think it does. I mean the mojo 2 might go to desktop mode but the poly will not. Will be like you’ve left it constantly connected to power
Probably correct, but does the latest Poly F/W not possibly implement desktop mode? I will check again but after an overnight charge I thought I saw both Mojo 2 and Poly had a purple power status light.

Mar 10, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #7,166 of 11,001
349601D9-FC74-4CEB-B047-F8913212DC5E.jpeg
The new boy just arrived!

Mar 10, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #7,167 of 11,001
Mar 10, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #7,169 of 11,001

What should i do now?

• Closed Back headphones
  • Divorce

Thank you, sirs
My suggestions would be for you to do something about your wife. She should respect whatever hobby you are in and not treat you, and your gears as nuisance. You should not even let anybody treat you that way!

Mar 10, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #7,170 of 11,001
My suggestions would be for you to do something about your wife. She should respect whatever hobby you are in and not treat you, and your gears as nuisance. You should not even let anybody treat you that way!

Are you a child?, if I was in a room and sat next to someone wearing leaky Sundara’s being played loud with an audible “tsk…tsk“ I’d be bloody annoyed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back