Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #587 of 10,527
Qutest has Anni. That's a perfect pairing. Why would Chord mess that up with a cheaper Mojo that wasn't designed to work with Anni? Mojo 2 replacing Qutest is as dumb as pairing Mojo 2 with M Scaler.

Mojo 2 needs to stay true to it's name. Mobile Joy. It needs to be a mobile device. Therefore it competes with DAPs. It can do that in 2 ways. First, it can act as an add on to a DAP to give it more power and a different signature like the Cayin C9. Second, it can improve the Poly so that it is the size and functionality of a Hiby R3 Pro, but has superior sound quality competing with $2000-3000 DAPs like the Hugo 2 does. That's where the Mojo fits in the future. We will see if Chord gets it.

In the timeframe the Mojo 2 is being released, I will probably make a decision between the Mojo 2 or the Hiby RS6. The smartest thing Chord could do is make it so I want to buy both and connect them together.
This is the speculation thread and there are no dumb speculations! But, I personally don’t think mScaler input is the prime addition to Mojo2, if at all. I think it will be more taps or more full use of the available taps, desktop mode, and better battery life.

Nov 5, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #592 of 10,527
I don't think Mojo2 is targeting people that already own Hugo2 and TT2 anyway..
I completely disagree. If I own a Hugo 2 and TT2, I would definitely consider a Mojo 2 for portable use.

The market for someone who only owns a Mojo 2 to purchase an M Scaler is close to zero. If I am wrong, someone on this thread say you are going to do that.

Nobody is going to purchase a $5000 upscaler to pair with a $500 DAC/AMP.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #593 of 10,527
This is the speculation thread and there are no dumb speculations! But, I personally don’t think mScaler input is the prime addition to Mojo2, if at all. I think it will be more taps or more full use of the available taps, desktop mode, and better battery life.
I disagree again. There are smart speculations and their are dumb speculations. I think your speculations are quite smart actually.

A dumb speculation would be that the Mojo 2 would be bunded with an Uninterruptable Power Supply

It appears there will be a 4th button. I think it will either be an input / feature selector or a filter selector based on what Chord has included with other similar products.

I think at a minimum there will be some sound improvement. Otherwise, why bother?

Nov 5, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #594 of 10,527
I hope the fourth button will select between USB-C, coaxial, optical, Bluetooth, Airplay 2 and maybe DNLA or some other kind of high quality streaming solution. I hope the leaked pics are wrong and the mico-usb goes away. Give it a bit of a sound improvement and price it between $750 and $900.

Nov 5, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #596 of 10,527
I hope the fourth button will select between USB-C, coaxial, optical, Bluetooth, Airplay 2 and maybe DNLA or some other kind of high quality streaming solution. I hope the leaked pics are wrong and the mico-usb goes away. Give it a bit of a sound improvement and price it between $750 and $900.
Micro USB won't go away. Mark my words. Poly thing has to go on.
And there is nothing wrong with micro USB (don't believe in telephone aka smartphone hype).
But done worry there will be also USB C included.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #597 of 10,527
Micro USB won't go away. Mark my words. Poly thing has to go on.
And there is nothing wrong with micro USB (don't believe in telephone aka smartphone hype).
But done worry there will be also USB C included.
Sorry, but keeping obsoleted technology like Micro-USB for backward compatibility with Poly makes no sense to me. Selling a mobile device in 2022 that requires a second micro-USB connected mobile device to be useful is a way to make yourself even more niche than Chord already is.

I'm sure arguments can be made about SQ, but look at what iFi are doing lately, and you get the idea of what a modern portable DAC/amp can be.

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #598 of 10,527
Sorry, but keeping obsoleted technology like Micro-USB for backward compatibility with Poly makes no sense to me. Selling a mobile device in 2022 that requires a second micro-USB connected mobile device to be useful is a way to make yourself even more niche than Chord already is.

I'm sure arguments can be made about SQ, but look at what iFi are doing lately, and you get the idea of what a modern portable DAC/amp can be.
Then go with the ifi :)

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #599 of 10,527

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back