Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 4, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #4,156 of 10,442
IMO it's nothing to do with the streaming service, I had the issue with OG using Tidal or with Apple Music, and M2 same. The issue, at least for me was the micro-USB connector becoming loose/dislodged. Once I avoided bumping or moving the connector the issue disappeared.

This issue has been reported with virtually all Chord dacs, including Dave. In my opinion,
it's very overblown although I wonder how the issue happens with
USB-C cable as that connector goes deep and isn't easily dislodged.

AFAIK hasn't happened with Poly.

Not an issue for me as I don't use on the go portably, use in a stable setup at home.

Happened to me while I was using Poly....

May 4, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #4,157 of 10,442
I am still considering the Mojo2.
But the white noise issue stops me. Are there a final solution now?
No issues with white noise
I have had the Mojo 2 since its release. I have never experienced the white noise issue. It's connected to my iPhone 13 via the Fiio usb c - lightning cable.
same here

May 4, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #4,159 of 10,442
I have had the Mojo 2 since its release. I have never experienced the white noise issue. It's connected to my iPhone 13 via the Fiio usb c - lightning cable.
And I have been using it on my Windows computer extensively on both Spotify and Qobuz, switching in-between them and with different bitrates in Qobuz. Never had a problem.

I am not saying the white noise issue does not exist but negative experiences tend to gain more traction on places like this.

May 5, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #4,163 of 10,442
@AussieMick @the teh @henrikgadegaard

It looks like it occurs most on pc\mac,
and when the music change sample rate.

Any of you that use qobus with different sample rate?
It isn’t well correlated to sample rates. I have had the issue in the middle of playing a track and many others have reported it occurred while playing an album with the same sample rates. In my experience, the white noise is always in the left channel.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #4,164 of 10,442
It isn’t well correlated to sample rates. I have had the issue in the middle of playing a track and many others have reported it occurred while playing an album with the same sample rates. In my experience, the white noise is always in the left channel.
Yes, the white noise not just with switching between sample rates. It's random and sometimes it occurs at the beginning of the track or when I press pause and play.

Good thing for me is that it hasn't occurred to me on my windows 10 PC.

Tell you the truth I am not bothered by it anymore after reading many reports here.

May 5, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #4,165 of 10,442
Yes, the white noise not just with switching between sample rates. It's random and sometimes it occurs at the beginning of the track or when I press pause and play.

Good thing for me is that it hasn't occurred to me on my windows 10 PC.

Tell you the truth I am not bothered by it anymore after reading many reports here.
I think the worry for some people are the hearing damage risks with in ear monitors or owners who use expensive speakers or headphones like the Utopia which are already prone to driver failures. Remember, the issue exists with all Chord DACs since they share the same USB code. Ultimately it needs to be resolved by Chord and their DACs should have been designed to mute when the USB synchronization fails.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #4,166 of 10,442
Do you use it on the go? Or did it happend on your desktop?
After the last posts in here. I think it is better to go for the new earman or someting from ifi.

But I like the Mojo. Nice design,powerful,small, desktop mode, no MQA, made in GB, sounds good....

So if they fix the usb. I`ll take it

May 5, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #4,167 of 10,442
I think the worry for some people are the hearing damage risks with in ear monitors or owners who use expensive speakers or headphones like the Utopia which are already prone to driver failures. Remember, the issue exists with all Chord DACs since they share the same USB code. Ultimately it needs to be resolved by Chord and their DACs should have been designed to mute when the USB synchronization fails.
I agree, it can be serious problem for others.

May 5, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #4,168 of 10,442
Do you use it on the go? Or did it happend on your desktop?
After the last posts in here. I think it is better to go for the new earman or someting from ifi.

But I like the Mojo. Nice design,powerful,small, desktop mode, no MQA, made in GB, sounds good....

So if they fix the usb. I`ll take it
I've also encountered this white noise, twice, so far. See here and my posts afterwards. After changing some settings in Windows Sound, I've not had that horrible white noise but I am not using my Mojo 2 much. Maybe once per week, lately. So, I cannot really tell if it's gone away. This white noise issue can only be fixed with a device replacement, because the Mojo cannot receive firmware updates. I really like the Mojo 2 and for me it sounds amazing! But I have never heard the Gryphon. iFi has two very active Reps in here. They monitor the respective threads, they respond to queries, they update their firmware often. I do not regret buying the Mojo 2 at £450, I like the leather case, too. I believe that it will last me many years.

May 5, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #4,169 of 10,442
May 5, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #4,170 of 10,442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back