Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 2, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #4,128 of 10,235
I'd imagine that Chord have a comparatively limited production capacity, so a product as deservingly popular as the Mojo 2 may have them running at capacity, but behind demand?

May 2, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #4,129 of 10,235
Would love for someone to make a metal skeletal case for the mojo2poly combo.

I guess my experience is different from other folks, but I had the mojo2poly in my jacket pocket while in the leather case and it got awfully warm, borderline hot. Would love to see a metal skeletal case for it to give as much space to dissipate heat as possible.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #4,130 of 10,235
I know dealers in Australia couldn’t get as many as they wanted because the distributor couldn’t bring enough in. Just not available in the numbers wanted. Maybe it’s not the distributor’s fault?
Could certainly be the case but the retailer certainly didn’t hold back on who he thought was to blame 😲

May 3, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #4,131 of 10,235
With something like M-Scaler with Mojo2, is part of the big improvement in SQ (other than more taps) reducing FPGA noise generated by WTA1 inside Mojo?

Effectively you are moving that DSP 'work' for WTA1 out of Mojo2 and away from analogue section of Mojo2?

It does make a noticeable but very small improvement - and I know that by using two Daves with the second using the DX OP - but it's nothing like the scale of change that you get from an M scaler.

I meant no offense, as I only asked because you are tagged "Member of the trade: Chord Electronics" and I have no idea of the inner workings of your company. If you could point me in the direction of who to ask about this, I would appreciate it.

I see - fair enough, and sorry if my reply was somewhat curt. I have talked about being independent many times, and it's easy to forget that many readers are new to this thread.

I would send Chord support an email to ask about the recent US price increases and ask for an explanation.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #4,133 of 10,235
Hi guys, is there any "difference" in sound quality if connected to micro USB or USB type C for the incoming source ? Or will it be 100% the same (also in term of USB noise) ?
Same, goes to same chip and processed the same.

May 3, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #4,135 of 10,235
Hello everyone, first time I post in this thread.

I bought a Mojo2 + Poly combo with the v3 firmware update and found a bug.

I connected it via Bluetooth to my iPhone 13 pro max and the sound works on some apps but there are other apps where I can't hear anything.

I'm able to hear sound via Bluetooth when I use apps like Netflix, Apple Music, HBO Max, YouTube

I'm NOT able to hear sound via Bluetooth when I use apps such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, WhatsApp

Anybody has seen a similar issue?

One time, while I was listening to the Apple Music app, I went to Instagram and I was able to hear sound from both apps simultaneously. Then I stopped the music to see if I could only hear Instagram, and I couldn't. This is the only app combo where this happened. As far as TikTok, Facebook and WhatsApp, as soon as I go to them, the sound from the Apple Music app stops automatically, and then I can't hear any sound from the other app. I hope someone from Chord Electronics (@Rob Watts) could take a look at this bug and fix it.

So far I love the Mojo2+Poly combo but would like to hear sound from ANY app via Bluetooth. Thanks.

May 3, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #4,136 of 10,235
Rob Watts is an independent consultant to Chord Electronics and didn't develop the Poly and has nothing to do with it. There is a separate thread for the Poly with over 17,000 posts about issues and solutions.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #4,137 of 10,235
Hello everyone, first time I post in this thread.

I bought a Mojo2 + Poly combo with the v3 firmware update and found a bug.

I connected it via Bluetooth to my iPhone 13 pro max and the sound works on some apps but there are other apps where I can't hear anything.

I'm able to hear sound via Bluetooth when I use apps like Netflix, Apple Music, HBO Max, YouTube

I'm NOT able to hear sound via Bluetooth when I use apps such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, WhatsApp

Anybody has seen a similar issue?

One time, while I was listening to the Apple Music app, I went to Instagram and I was able to hear sound from both apps simultaneously. Then I stopped the music to see if I could only hear Instagram, and I couldn't. This is the only app combo where this happened. As far as TikTok, Facebook and WhatsApp, as soon as I go to them, the sound from the Apple Music app stops automatically, and then I can't hear any sound from the other app. I hope someone from Chord Electronics (@Rob Watts) could take a look at this bug and fix it.

So far I love the Mojo2+Poly combo but would like to hear sound from ANY app via Bluetooth. Thanks.
FWIW I had the same issue using iFi GoBlu - could be an iOS issue?

May 4, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #4,139 of 10,235
I am still considering the Mojo2.
But the white noise issue stops me. Are there a final solution now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back