Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 1, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #1,666 of 10,527
Will the Mojo 2 and the Poly fit into the Chord combo case?
I’m going to shoe horn my combo in! I rarely use the buttons but we should still be able to access 3 of them I think if not perhaps the menu button. I’d be happy to manage I think for a while

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #1,667 of 10,527
Just got my mojo 2. I've yet to listen to it, but when I first got it out of the box I thought it had a foot missing. Turns out that the USB-C protuberance is the 4th foot.

20220201_173342.jpg

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #1,668 of 10,527
HiBy R2 looks nice too, a lot more features for the price and can be used as a usb transport for the Mojo 2.

Apart from the LDAC codec support, I like that you can connect the R2 to your phone with HiBy Link and control music playback on the phone. It should provide much better sound quality since all the music will be stored on the R2 and not sent to it via a lossy codec. Poor man's Poly 😁.
Shame the R2 only has a single msd slot. The Tempotec has dual slots (I use it with X2 1TB cards) , USB transport and is smaller. It doesn't have anywhere near as many features but that dual sd slot is what I want from a transport.

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #1,669 of 10,527
I’m listening to the Mojo 2 with a vast selection of headphones, but it proving messy to compare to the Gryphon and Xduoo XD-05 Bal as I was using 4.4mm balanced cables with them. I have had to change everything to 3.5mm unbalanced. Has anyone got an idea how to swap cables fast?

My verdict on the the Mojo 2 so far - “The best balls in the business” . I just love the coloured balls. As to the sound quality it’s still a work in progress trying to establish the quality and also compare it.

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #1,670 of 10,527
I’m listening to the Mojo 2 with a vast selection of headphones, but it proving messy to compare to the Gryphon and Xduoo XD-05 Bal as I was using 4.4mm balanced cables with them. I have had to change everything to 3.5mm unbalanced. Has anyone got an idea how to swap cables fast?

My verdict on the the Mojo 2 so far - “The best balls in the business” . I just love the coloured balls. As to the sound quality it’s still a work in progress trying to establish the quality and also compare it.
I use the following adaptor when I run balanced headphones on my Mojo without having to change cables. Works well, feels solid.

https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/1429484.html

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #1,671 of 10,527

I would compare both on their best, mojo on 3.5 and gryphon on 4.4

I’m super interested in this comparison

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #1,672 of 10,527
Feb 1, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #1,673 of 10,527
Well, despite the Mojo+Poly (yes, I've never had any problems with either) continuing to be the best sounding bit of kit I've ever owned I'm still experiencing a bit of new toy fever. TBH, I think I'd probably be better off upgrading my IEMs (Fiio FD5 - up to the FD7?) than getting the Mojo 2 but the lure is defintely strong.
Mojo and poly was magic... regretfully I had HUGE trouble when I tried to update the software on poly after years of not updating, sold both and regretting getting rid of the mojo, the poly was at that point showing signs of being trouble for me, but getting back to the Mojo I messed up by selling now. Good on the people getting the Mojo 2 I know it will sound amazing! I am interested to here comparisons as well, and I know Chords prices even for the plain Mojo vary quite a bit from the US market price I believe they had the same bump going from one side of the pond to another, but it's just too dang expensive ATM for me to get! 😭

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #1,675 of 10,527

I always wanted to use an aux switch I bought one for line level usage and wanted to try with amps but I was scared at best it would introduce some interference and at worst having multiple high powered AMP or nice headphones hooked up to it(it's a 4 source 4 output switch that connects 1 of 16 options for source/output)

Maybe I am wrong? If anyone wants to chime in it wouldn't be a problem I really don't use it anymore, I think it's like $20 for one, I would be willing to send it to someone if they paid shipping if it helped which would only be like $5 max for USPS first class, I would just caution them to know whether it's safe or not, I am a worry wart so I am too scared cat to try, and too lazy to look up

it's all unbalanced 3.5 though, 2 switches one selects input 1 of 4 the other for output same 1 of 4

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #1,676 of 10,527
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I’ll just swap to 4.4mm cables when switching to the Gryphon & Xduoo. I don’t want to introduce any interference into the process. I’ll get an extra pair of hands to help me speed the process up.

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #1,678 of 10,527
So poly 2 will now have to be microUSB
Ordered mine which will be delivered tomorrow. The 6 years warranty from the retailer comes as essential. From my experience with the mojo1 it will be something that will be used.
What retailer is that?

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #1,679 of 10,527
Just got my mojo 2. I've yet to listen to it, but when I first got it out of the box I thought it had a foot missing. Turns out that the USB-C protuberance is the 4th foot.

20220201_173342.jpg

Small nitpick, why Chord can’t train its production staff to properly place the sticker on the bottom of the chassis so it is straight baffles me for a high end company. My OG Mojo was like this as well. As I said, small annoyance.

I seem to recall the OG Mojo had the same capability of the number of taps as the OG Hugo which I also owned, but they scaled it down so it wouldn’t impact Hugo sales. The tap count on the Mojo 2 appears to be 40K although the information on it uses different terminology, i.e., DSP cores.

I like the new menu options, especially crossfeed. Aesthetically, I wonder why Chord didn’t use a colored ball for menu, instead using what appears to be grey. 🤔

Lossless EQ is a very nice addition. 👍

Looking forward to impressions although I’ll likely buy one since I really liked the OG Mojo.

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #1,680 of 10,527
Does that sticker peel off easily? Looks awful.

Yes, it looks like the same sticker on the OG Mojo which I did remove because it was crooked, however, I would advise not tossing it but keeping it safe somewhere in case of warranty repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back