Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 1, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #1,651 of 10,527
I used this function for many years with my wife watching films. She uses her V-Moda Crossfade 2, I'm likely using some kind of easy to drive Beyerdynamic closed back (DT700 Pro X, T5P 2nd gen). Always works a treat. Surprised more people don't appreciate this function.
Well now i do too🥂🥂👍😁

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #1,653 of 10,527
58195956-80D8-4C25-8931-84FFB893567B.jpeg

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #1,656 of 10,527
Feb 1, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #1,659 of 10,527
Take criticism as an area of improvement. There is nothing wrong in criticizing some feature which a person doesn’t like. If every one will sing flowery praise then how will a company improve

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #1,660 of 10,527
I used this function for many years with my wife watching films. She uses her V-Moda Crossfade 2, I'm likely using some kind of easy to drive Beyerdynamic closed back (DT700 Pro X, T5P 2nd gen). Always works a treat. Surprised more people don't appreciate this function.
I too have used it with my better half watching movies taking digital out of my portable projector

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #1,661 of 10,527
I too have used it with my better half watching movies taking digital out of my portable projector
I find the collected works of Steven Seagal are especially rewarding on the Mojo. Something about Seagal's lethargic martial arts style translates with unnerving clarity on the Mojo. It's almost as though he's in the room with my wife and I as we simultaneously watch him on screen, breathing heavily just behind us.

I love it, sadly my wife hates it.

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,662 of 10,527
I find the collected works of Steven Seagal are especially rewarding on the Mojo. Something about Seagal's lethargic martial arts style translates with unnerving clarity on the Mojo. It's almost as though he's in the room with my wife and I as we simultaneously watch him on screen, breathing heavily just behind us.

I love it, sadly my wife hates it.
Worth trying…thanks for reco

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #1,663 of 10,527
A comparison of the DAC functionality compared to Hugo2 is what I am really after. None of the reviews on Yuptub have that yet. Hugo2 is my desktop DAC and I never use the amp so it's a bit overkill.

Edit: there's a sound comp here. Decisions decisions...

https://www.headfonia.com/chord-electronics-mojo-2-review/4/
Thanks for this link.
After reading and pondering a bit more, I think my decision is to stick with my Hugo2 and 2Go. If I start travelling again later in the year my decision may change so will keep watching for user reviews and comments.

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #1,664 of 10,527
A comparison of the DAC functionality compared to Hugo2 is what I am really after. None of the reviews on Yuptub have that yet. Hugo2 is my desktop DAC and I never use the amp so it's a bit overkill.

Edit: there's a sound comp here. Decisions decisions...

https://www.headfonia.com/chord-electronics-mojo-2-review/4/
Because you can never hear the difference between the DAC and the amp in Rob’s designs because there is no separate amp to bypass. DAC mode has always been a volume preset and the analogue out is never bypassed, and no hardware change happens in DAC mode. The design is more akin to the analogue out of other DACs so it can’t be separated from the DAC. You are actually always listening to the ‘amp’. Very different design than traditional gear. If a reviewer says they can hear a difference with DAC mode in the Hugo2 then I wouldn’t believe it.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,665 of 10,527
First impressions after 30 mins playing on phone are I'm knocked out, and Chord have knocked it out the park. I had a Mojo about 3 years ago which I did enjoy, but I didn't have this standard of phone, or these standard of headphones so for me to compare MK1 and MK 2 Mojo's is probably a waste of time. What I can compare the MK 2 with is the Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt and although that sounds fantastic for what it is the Mojo grinds it into the dust for a couple of hundred quid extra. The Dragonfly I would rate an 8 without hearing the Mojo 2. Compared to the Mojo 2 the Dragonfly is a 7, the Mojo 2 is a 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back