Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #40,892 of 42,765
Hey all, I’ve got a question that I can’t find an answer to through google but I assume it’s in this thread somewhere. If the Mojo has 2 aux outs, does that mean I could hook it up to 2 separate amps if I were to use it exclusively as a desktop DAC?

Jan 7, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #40,893 of 42,765
Well Allo Digione with LPS is an excellent source for any DAC
Only thing to keep in mind with Digione is to use clean power on HAT
+1 IME the LPS makes the biggest difference when switching to an Allo streamer.

I've owned the Digione and S-Booster LPS in the past and agree it's an excellent solution. A regular powerbank worked really well too. And I still think the Digione is fantastic with just the standard wallwart.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #40,894 of 42,765
Hey all, I’ve got a question that I can’t find an answer to through google but I assume it’s in this thread somewhere. If the Mojo has 2 aux outs, does that mean I could hook it up to 2 separate amps if I were to use it exclusively as a desktop DAC?

you can. Turn on the mojo at line level (hold both volume spheres while turning it on), connect the amps to each of the 3.5mm outputs and you should be good to go... Just keep in mind that the signal will be fed to both amps all the time simultaneously

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #40,895 of 42,765
you can. Turn on the mojo at line level (hold both volume spheres while turning it on), connect the amps to each of the 3.5mm outputs and you should be good to go... Just keep in mind that the signal will be fed to both amps all the time simultaneously

Don't do that with power amps, at line level output you will blow your speakers and ears!
It's fine if its an integrated amp with volume control.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #40,896 of 42,765
Perfect! Yeah I’d only have one on at a time, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #40,897 of 42,765
Perfect! Yeah I’d only have one on at a time, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Thanks!

Don't do that with power amps, at line level output you will blow your speakers and ears!
It's fine if its an integrated amp with volume control.

This is a good point! watch out. Actually, what you can do is fiddle around with the volume levels at first... don't go straight in and line level, I have hooked up headphone amps and powered speakers so both have an integrated preamp so no harm no foul, but if you plug a power amp that goes to speakers you will blow up, literally haha.

When hooking up my headphone amp line level is okay but when connected to my powered speakers I have to go down from line-level because they are more sensitive. (around 10 taps down) otherwise, it distorts on high volumes.

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #40,898 of 42,765
Line out of Mojo is quite hot at 3v so go down by 4 clicks to reach at 2v

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #40,899 of 42,765
can you connect a third party powerbank or battery to extend past mojo's internal battery. basically getting more music on battery power whether at home or mobile?

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #40,901 of 42,765
how does it work and what type of powerbank etc. any advice much appreciated. i'm not looking for a charger but an external battery to keep mojo playing on battery power longer if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #40,902 of 42,765
Line out of Mojo is quite hot at 3v so go down by 4 clicks to reach at 2v
how does it work and what type of powerbank etc. any advice much appreciated. i'm not looking for a charger but an external battery to keep mojo playing on battery power longer if that makes sense.

You just need a portable battery bank with 5V USB like the one in the attached photo. It works even if you remove the internal battery of the Mojo.

20210108_174918.jpg

Jan 8, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #40,903 of 42,765
does the powerbank just take over after the mojo battery is fully depleted or how does it work in practice. finally how many hours of useage do you get from a portable powerbank like the one in the picture. thanks mk.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #40,904 of 42,765
does the powerbank just take over after the mojo battery is fully depleted or how does it work in practice. finally how many hours of useage do you get from a portable powerbank like the one i the picture. thank mk.
This is the latest one I have purchased and is the largest you can bring on a flight: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JIWQPMW/

But any usb battery charger will work. I believe it will charge/keep mojo charged while playing. Depending on size, you should get multiple effective playing time/charges from them.

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #40,905 of 42,765
does the powerbank just take over after the mojo battery is fully depleted or how does it work in practice. finally how many hours of useage do you get from a portable powerbank like the one in the picture. thanks mk.

If you keep the internal battery then the external battery will continuously charge the Mojo. Hours of usage will depend on the external battery pack you choose. I haven't tested the limits of mine since i use the Mojo in desktop mode w/o the internal battery but i wouldn't be surprised if it outlasted the Mojo's internal battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back