Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #40,909 of 42,788
Jan 9, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #40,911 of 42,788
I have been listening for the last 4 hours only disturbed once by a phone call which I brought to a premature end to resume my listening

Currently have DSD version of Jazz at the Pawn shop playing.

I have had this for years but I still find myself turning around suddenly as I believe someone is behind me :dt880smile:

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #40,913 of 42,788
Hey Gents

Had my mojo 3 years run usb from cheap and cheerful Hidiz AP60 ... changed to Xduoo X10T (digital out only) player via COAX and WOW! The reason I bought the Xduoo was for low noise as I found running the mojo from my macbook via Audirvana was massively better sounding than via the AP60 , especially now with my Z1Rs

Some A-B testing vs USB from the Xduoo revealed that COAX noticeably improved power , texture and decay of bass, deepened the soundstage at least for mids and upper mids , as well as increased the attack of fast transients like stick impact for drums.

I am really glad I first got the Xduoo and finally moved beyond USB too ... but now HAHA all I wanna do is now demo this setup with a HUGO2

Jan 11, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #40,914 of 42,788
then maybe add the mscaler to hugo 2?:L3000:

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #40,916 of 42,788
Yeah I think I need to add Chord Fan boy to my Sony fan boy credentials. I definitely struggle to love sound of other DACs at this stage ... only Hugo2 appears worth upgrade over Mojo. I tried Kann Alpha and was real disappointment (loose bass, no pop to the highs) ..can't wait to try the Hugo2 now with my xduoo and coax cable

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #40,917 of 42,788
Does it bring a benefit to the Mojo’s sound if I tape off the ground pin on the USB cable? I taped the ground pin, and the Mojo still works perfectly without cutting out.

If this does bring sound improvement, in what way would it be? I also tried taping the 5v pin, but the Mojo stops working with that pin blocked.

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #40,918 of 42,788
Yeah I think I need to add Chord Fan boy to my Sony fan boy credentials. I definitely struggle to love sound of other DACs at this stage ... only Hugo2 appears worth upgrade over Mojo. I tried Kann Alpha and was real disappointment (loose bass, no pop to the highs) ..can't wait to try the Hugo2 now with my xduoo and coax cable
would be nice to know if others find like you of a different sound signature (bass presence) with COAX

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #40,919 of 42,788

Keep in mind that H2 has different sound signature than Mojo... considering that new H2 is around half of price of new TT2 I would also advise you to check out TT2 simultaneously with H2. Especialy since Mojo is truly mobile device (while some complain it is to heavy comparing to some other usb only dacs) H2 is rather transportable one (just like ifi micro line) and if you want to use it in desktop setup then battery is not needed.

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #40,920 of 42,788
Keep in mind that H2 has different sound signature than Mojo... considering that new H2 is around half of price of new TT2 I would also advise you to check out TT2 simultaneously with H2. Especialy since Mojo is truly mobile device (while some complain it is to heavy comparing to some other usb only dacs) H2 is rather transportable one (just like ifi micro line) and if you want to use it in desktop setup then battery is not needed.

Yes good points! I would actually keep the Mojo for on the move and get the hugo2 for home use between sofa and bedroom. I tried the Hugo2 with Hidiz AP60 and usb cable and yes the sound sig is different. Mojo was def less detailed but after 5-10seconds I found myself enjoying this more 'hifi' sound. So I will try the Hugo2 with coax and optical from my xduoo and see how I feel. I just find the Mojo soundstage too small for my liking. That was one aspect I enjoyed alot listening to the hugo2 before

TT2 is out of my budget and use case for now anyways :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back